Check Out My New GeoCoin

DiLMar

PEOPLE REALLY DONT BUY IT OK? :)

I AM NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS!

I DONT WANT TO SELL HERE! ESPECIALLY TO YOU COINMAKERS! DONT WORRY YOU WILL NOT HAVE ME AS ONE OF YOUR COMPETITORS IN HERE OK?

THIS IS MY FINAL STATEMENT.

LOL

I sell big ticket items for a living my last sale was for 2 mil, to bad I'm not on commission.

In sales perception means everything and reality counts for very little.

The buyer will have a perceived feeling about the seller this is the number one driver in the sale, unless. The perceived value for the price is good enough to over-ride perception number one. People by from People

Company's and good sales people go to great lengths and expense to protect and enhance their names perception in the market.

How you respond to criticism and even attackers is part of what builds your reputation. When I go into a sales meeting there will be friendlies, there will be detractors and even attackers. How I respond and handle the attacks has a great influence on the real buyers who are usually just observing.

They way you have responded to a few critics has influenced hundreds of possible customers.

Your dead wrong about this community. There are several current threads from new members who are designing new coins and the post have nothing but positive posts Like: can't wait for the sale, your mint art work is great. Quite teasing us show full shots of the mint samples.

Good coins from new players and designers sell-out within minutes, once they are ready and photos are seen.

Cutting off this group is a really bad business decision. This is your largest demographic of possible customers.

Its too bad really, I like the art work and would have purchased several when they were ready.

Since you haven't posted mint art work for your other coin it's doubtful that it's in production, that's a perception it has nothing to do with reality, but a great deal to due with your ability to sell me anything!

ONCE AGAIN I DEEPLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS THEY ARE GREAT INDEED. BUT YOUR COMMUNITY IS SO GREAT IN HERE THAT I RATHER NOT SELL ANYTHING SINCE I HATE SELLING. AND THANKS TO YOU ALL YOU REMINDED ME OF HOW MUCH I HATE SALES AND SOME TYPE OF JURKS THAT WERE IN THIS FORUM WHO ACTUALLY HELPED ME. AGAIN I HOPE I WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE CUZ I DONT HAVE ANYMORE TIME TO READ SOME STUPID CRITICS WHO HATE COMPETITORS. WELL THANKS TO YOU ALL AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY OTHER COMPETITOR AND THAT I WILL BE THE LAST ONE:) LOL

GOOD COMENTS REALLY VERY SINCERE, BUT I DONT SEE ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS HERE EXCEPT RESELLERS AND I DONT PLAN ON WORKIN WITH THEM. THANKS A LOT.

I'm NOT a reseller. I'm also NOT a coin maker/seller/company. I'm just a collector, who's been collecting since the beginning of the year. I've shelled out quite a bit of money for the coins in my collection, and just about all of it has been to established companies that I saw other collectors leaving great feedback for in the coin sales threads. I've been reading tis thread since it started, and I'm shocked at your attitude! My friends know me to be very sarcastic at times but, I've never been as sarcastic as your posts have been coming off as. Oh, and the caps ? In the online world, that's always been seen as YELLING where I'm from... I really liked your coin design and the look but, with the attitude you've displayed here, I'll be saving that $15 for a coin on my top wanted list, or maybe a tank of gas.

Me too. I'm just a collector. Heck I've got enough cash tied up in my traders or my extras to mint my own personal geocoin. But I haven't done that yet. I intend to though... sometime. When I do I'll be looking for a designer and a coinmaker to run the order through to the mint. Hmmmm.... who'll I go with? Someone who doesn't know his customer base? Who is sarcastic and rude and uninformed? Somebody who'll yell at me NOT TO BUY FROM HIM? Don't think so.

Hmm, does anybody else hear what sounds like a mosquito buzzing around? :)

Nah just sitting around here working on football draft rankings LOL

Oh yeah to dilmar

Most of the people in here are collectors so I don't see how you can call them competitors. As oemone said before we LIKE new coins to be produced.

Edited by LadyBee4T

I think what Dilmar doesn't understand was the beginning of this thread was very helpful. If he had taken the advice offered.

If you have a coin in production, that you have sunk money in already, wait and sell that coin. Then use the money from that to produce this one. The art for your two coins is lovely, and I'm sure you would have done well, especially if you lowered the price.

We are a tight knit community here. We fight and argue amongst ourselves, but we welcome new members everyday. But one thing we do is try to protect each other. And pre-sales from someone unknown to us raises alarm bells. Too many people have taken advantage of others. It is best to sell your coin once you produce it.

GOOD COMENTS REALLY VERY SINCERE, BUT I DONT SEE ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS HERE EXCEPT RESELLERS AND I DONT PLAN ON WORKIN WITH THEM. THANKS A LOT.

I'm NOT a reseller. I'm also NOT a coin maker/seller/company. I'm just a collector, who's been collecting since the beginning of the year. I've shelled out quite a bit of money for the coins in my collection, and just about all of it has been to established companies that I saw other collectors leaving great feedback for in the coin sales threads. I've been reading tis thread since it started, and I'm shocked at your attitude! My friends know me to be very sarcastic at times but, I've never been as sarcastic as your posts have been coming off as. Oh, and the caps ? In the online world, that's always been seen as YELLING where I'm from... I really liked your coin design and the look but, with the attitude you've displayed here, I'll be saving that $15 for a coin on my top wanted list, or maybe a tank of gas.

Me too. I'm just a collector. Heck I've got enough cash tied up in my traders or my extras to mint my own personal geocoin. But I haven't done that yet. I intend to though... sometime. When I do I'll be looking for a designer and a coinmaker to run the order through to the mint. Hmmmm.... who'll I go with? Someone who doesn't know his customer base? Who is sarcastic and rude and uninformed? Somebody who'll yell at me NOT TO BUY FROM HIM? Don't think so.

BYE BYE.

So . . . got my money refunded, guess my money isn't good enough.

Maybe you have quit reading but I will respond as a vendor (Hogwild Stuff) for the OP since pretty much everyone else knows that.

Here is the thing:

- I and other coin vendors have worked very hard to earn our reputations.

- We want people to know that we put out good coins and that if we make mistakes we make them right.

- For all of that, we have all from time to time blown it and made customers mad, even driven customers away and very occasionally even fired customers. But we work really hard at making and keeping our reputations.

- You come here not as a geocacher, not as a geocoin collector, but apparently only because you see an opportunity to make some money in the geocoin world. Not ideal, but not prohibited.

- You apparently did little or no research on geocaching or the geocoin community.

- You post a coin for sale without mint artwork or mint samples to see. You post it as a presale.

- You then say you want people to pay extra for taking the extra risk of funding the presale.

- People the raise legitimate questions and for 24 hours you do not respond even once.

- Finally you respond with sarcasm, bitterness and hostility.

This could have been so different:

- Become a geocacher

- Go find some caches

- Go to some events and get to know people

- Spend time reading and interacting in the forums.

- Post your art and ask what people think.

- At least get mint samples to show people.

- Do a presale at a lower price than what the coin will be offered for after production.

- Communicate with your customers and potential customers with respect.

I have been very careful as I posted in this thread. I am very protective of the Geocoin market place as are the others who have posted here. Because I am a geocacher, a geocoin collector and a vendor I figured I should go ahead and invest the $15.00. I purchased through ebay because I get an extra layer of protection, even though Paypal is great at protecting buyer's interests.

So how do you respond? You send me an unfriendly e-mail telling me you don't want my business. I will give you credit though; you did very promptly refund my money. Though you have still cost me money since you did a send money to me rather than a refund I am out the .67 transaction fee, so I guess like 4% of thecost of the coin for nothing.

The best advice I can give you now, if you still want to be a geocoin vendor:

- You have done a lot of damage that you will need to repair.

- We coin collectors are suckers for great designs so your cause is not hopeless.

- Spend some time getting to know both the geocaching and geocoin community.

- Become a geocacher, go find some caches.

- Finish production on your first coin and offer it for sale at a reasonable price.

- Respond promptly and with respect to customers and potential customers.

- Use spell check before you post.

My Thoughts . . . I was gonna file complaints with Paypal and Ebay, but I figure you have enough problems already and honestly I have gotten .67 worth of entertainment out of it anyway.

The best of luck

Steve

So . . . got my money refunded, guess my money isn't good enough.

Maybe you have quit reading but I will respond as a vendor (Hogwild Stuff) for the OP since pretty much everyone else knows that.

Here is the thing:

- I and other coin vendors have worked very hard to earn our reputations.

- We want people to know that we put out good coins and that if we make mistakes we make them right.

- For all of that, we have all from time to time blown it and made customers mad, even driven customers away and very occasionally even fired customers. But we work really hard at making and keeping our reputations.

- You come here not as a geocacher, not as a geocoin collector, but apparently only because you see an opportunity to make some money in the geocoin world. Not ideal, but not prohibited.

- You apparently did little or no research on geocaching or the geocoin community.

- You post a coin for sale without mint artwork or mint samples to see. You post it as a presale.

- You then say you want people to pay extra for taking the extra risk of funding the presale.

- People the raise legitimate questions and for 24 hours you do not respond even once.

- Finally you respond with sarcasm, bitterness and hostility.

This could have been so different:

- Become a geocacher

- Go find some caches

- Go to some events and get to know people

- Spend time reading and interacting in the forums.

- Post your art and ask what people think.

- At least get mint samples to show people.

- Do a presale at a lower price than what the coin will be offered for after production.

- Communicate with your customers and potential customers with respect.

I have been very careful as I posted in this thread. I am very protective of the Geocoin market place as are the others who have posted here. Because I am a geocacher, a geocoin collector and a vendor I figured I should go ahead and invest the $15.00. I purchased through ebay because I get an extra layer of protection, even though Paypal is great at protecting buyer's interests.

So how do you respond? You send me an unfriendly e-mail telling me you don't want my business. I will give you credit though; you did very promptly refund my money. Though you have still cost me money since you did a send money to me rather than a refund I am out the .67 transaction fee, so I guess like 4% of thecost of the coin for nothing.

The best advice I can give you now, if you still want to be a geocoin vendor:

- You have done a lot of damage that you will need to repair.

- We coin collectors are suckers for great designs so your cause is not hopeless.

- Spend some time getting to know both the geocaching and geocoin community.

- Become a geocacher, go find some caches.

- Finish production on your first coin and offer it for sale at a reasonable price.

- Respond promptly and with respect to customers and potential customers.

- Use spell check before you post.

My Thoughts . . . I was gonna file complaints with Paypal and Ebay, but I figure you have enough problems already and honestly I have gotten .67 worth of entertainment out of it anyway.

The best of luck

Steve

Wow... great advice. The would-be-vendor shall return. I'm sure of it. Possibly under another cacher name, though.

Well, gosh -- I'm sorry I came across as "slamming"; it wasn't my intention for my post to be an attack. It honestly was an attempt to be helpful, and to explain why the people here might react cooly to the sales announcement (not that MY response was cool). It was a "heads up - you probably won't get a good reaction, and here's why and recommendations for ways to do business here".

Sorry if my writing was so obscure that it came across as an attack. It certainly was not meant to be.

Since you asked: a reservation is where you offer the people the opportunity to pledge to buy the coin. You do not collect money. What this does is allow you to gauge whether there's enough interest in the coin to justify making it, and also to give you an idea of how many you'll need to order.

The reservation process guarantees that the person placing the reservation will get a coin if it's made, but also means that if -- for whatever reason -- the coin isn't made, no one has given you money that you now have to return. It also gives you a little bit more of a breather in terms of getting the coins produced: when you take people's money, they expect the coins within a reasonable amount of time. When you take a reservation, you can essentially say "I'm not sure when or if this coin will be made. If it is, you're guaranteed to get one".

If the response is good, then you know it's probably worth the money to get the dies cut and some samples made.

Once you have samples, you could attempt a pre-sale (since you actually have something to show) but, again, since you're new to this, I wouldn't recommend it. You could, instead, show the samples and reopen the reservations to people who might have not gotten in on the reservations the first time.

Once you've gotten the actual coin order placed (and, even better, have the coins in hand), you can start sending out invoices to those who've made reservations. Again, this does require that you have the money on hand. However, the reservations process gives you some assurance that the money you have otherwise saved or borrowed in order to pay for the order will actually be made back.

Most new vendors -- and even some of the very well-established vendors -- will use reservations as a way to establish their reputation.

They also usually have a policy towards those who reserve coins (especially those who reserve a large number of coins) and who don't then pay their invoices. It's usually tied to communications: for example: "if you place a reservation and fail to pay the invoice without communicating with me about why, you'll be placed on a list of people not allowed to place orders in the future". Some vendors will give buyers a couple of passes if they have good excuses, but eventually if there's a pattern of not actually paying for reserved coins, the buyer goes onto the permanently-barred list.

You'll notice, if you participate in a couple of reservations, that many of the vendors have a check box that you have to check when you're placing the order attesting to the fact that you understand the reservation policy and promise to abide by it.

Anyway, that's the reservation process in a nutshell.

I'll add the other voices here and say a) your coin designs are quite lovely and I'd be happy to have them in my collection and B) I'm glad to hear that the price includes shipping but c) I think it's a really bad idea to use a high-priced presale as a means to provide another minting at lower cost to later buyers.

UNLESS! your initial buy-in is for a limited edition -- that is, a plating with color combinations you won't be ever minting again. Call it a "Charter Customer Edition". Never ever mint it again, and let your later edition be the "regular edition" that gets reminted whenever you run out of stock.

That way, we have a real incentive to get in on the ground floor, since this is the only opportunity we'll have to get that particular "charter" edition.

Good luck.

Well, gosh -- I'm sorry I came across as "slamming"; it wasn't my intention for my post to be an attack. It honestly was an attempt to be helpful, and to explain why the people here might react cooly to the sales announcement (not that MY response was cool). It was a "heads up - you probably won't get a good reaction, and here's why and recommendations for ways to do business here".

Sorry if my writing was so obscure that it came across as an attack. It certainly was not meant to be.

Since you asked: a reservation is where you offer the people the opportunity to pledge to buy the coin. You do not collect money. What this does is allow you to gauge whether there's enough interest in the coin to justify making it, and also to give you an idea of how many you'll need to order.

The reservation process guarantees that the person placing the reservation will get a coin if it's made, but also means that if -- for whatever reason -- the coin isn't made, no one has given you money that you now have to return. It also gives you a little bit more of a breather in terms of getting the coins produced: when you take people's money, they expect the coins within a reasonable amount of time. When you take a reservation, you can essentially say "I'm not sure when or if this coin will be made. If it is, you're guaranteed to get one".

If the response is good, then you know it's probably worth the money to get the dies cut and some samples made.

Once you have samples, you could attempt a pre-sale (since you actually have something to show) but, again, since you're new to this, I wouldn't recommend it. You could, instead, show the samples and reopen the reservations to people who might have not gotten in on the reservations the first time.

Once you've gotten the actual coin order placed (and, even better, have the coins in hand), you can start sending out invoices to those who've made reservations. Again, this does require that you have the money on hand. However, the reservations process gives you some assurance that the money you have otherwise saved or borrowed in order to pay for the order will actually be made back.

Most new vendors -- and even some of the very well-established vendors -- will use reservations as a way to establish their reputation.

They also usually have a policy towards those who reserve coins (especially those who reserve a large number of coins) and who don't then pay their invoices. It's usually tied to communications: for example: "if you place a reservation and fail to pay the invoice without communicating with me about why, you'll be placed on a list of people not allowed to place orders in the future". Some vendors will give buyers a couple of passes if they have good excuses, but eventually if there's a pattern of not actually paying for reserved coins, the buyer goes onto the permanently-barred list.

You'll notice, if you participate in a couple of reservations, that many of the vendors have a check box that you have to check when you're placing the order attesting to the fact that you understand the reservation policy and promise to abide by it.

Anyway, that's the reservation process in a nutshell.

I'll add the other voices here and say a) your coin designs are quite lovely and I'd be happy to have them in my collection and :cool: I'm glad to hear that the price includes shipping but c) I think it's a really bad idea to use a high-priced presale as a means to provide another minting at lower cost to later buyers.

UNLESS! your initial buy-in is for a limited edition -- that is, a plating with color combinations you won't be ever minting again. Call it a "Charter Customer Edition". Never ever mint it again, and let your later edition be the "regular edition" that gets reminted whenever you run out of stock.

That way, we have a real incentive to get in on the ground floor, since this is the only opportunity we'll have to get that particular "charter" edition.

Good luck.

Some good advice here!

I went one step further before offering my first coin for reservation. I spent the money to have the dies cut and samples made so that potential customers could see photos of the actual coin. It means there were some up-front costs, but if the coin is being produced, it is money you were going to spend anyway. And people on these forums do like to see what they are paying for.

Mint art doesn't always show how a coin will look, and original artwork DEFINITELY doesn't show that.

And you couldn't be more wrong about the vendors who have commented here being against competition! Most (if not all) of the vendors are collectors as well. They love to see new coins and new designers. In fact, when I was talking to vendors about getting my personal coin developed, it was a vendor who suggested that I mint my coin myself! How many markets can you think of where established vendors ENCOURAGE new competition!!??

ohhh wauwieee.........

my eyezz are spinning after reading thizzzzzzzz..........

i never did a pre-order and not get the coin well only one time with that Dragon fly coin but i got a other coin for is place ...........

think i`m just lucky on that and i feel sorry for who it happend...

a lot of you wanna help this rude man and it`s very good he must be thankfull ......

but some people don`t wanna be helpt what can i say about it .........

i`m wolking around for a while now to let a coin make i only have now idea how it workzz so i`m sniffing around on internet about it ...........

well people that D man don`t wanna have your help i WANT and i learn one thing thankzz to you all.....

and that`s the hole PRE-SALE thing and PAYPAL thing .......

so i wanna say THANKZZZZZZZ to you all for helping me on the way with the coin selling.....

i only need to find out where how and when i let it MAKE :cool::laughing:

And yet another person get hit time and time again. I could care less about the people who do nothing but sit on here and and take shot after shot at people who are new to this. It is a great looking coin. The part I love the most is while you are thinking up these little witty comments and hitting the submit button thinking your post is going to be the one that opens up the eyes of the Geocaching Community, you are merely giving the coin more publicity. Then my favorite is when you end up buying a coin anyways when the hype dies down. lol

Oh gosh the forum police who are out to protect others from harm.... Oh save us... lol

Someday the forum will change. But for now we sit watch the pot be stirred.....

I will be buying one of these coins, I don't care what anyone says on here. :wub:

Edited by OTT Team
I will be buying one of these coins, I don't care what anyone says on here.

Please pre-order 200 and get your 20% off. That way I'll be able to buy one at the same price after they are made.

Did you notice everybody said great coin and they'd buy one, once it's made? What they said is they would not pre-order and especially not pre-order and pay more than the regular price for the pre-order.

I'm a sarcastic Ba****d and enjoy doing it, but when people start out friendly and give good constructive criticism, replying in a sarcastic manor is not a great idea.

I will be buying one of these coins, I don't care what anyone says on here.

Please pre-order 200 and get your 20% off. That way I'll be able to buy one at the same price after they are made.

Did you notice everybody said great coin and they'd buy one, once it's made? What they said is they would not pre-order and especially not pre-order and pay more than the regular price for the pre-order.

I'm a sarcastic Ba****d and enjoy doing it, but when people start out friendly and give good constructive criticism, replying in a sarcastic manor is not a great idea.

You feel the urge to keep writing? Got to put your 1 cent in. I bet you laughed when you typed the line about the 20%... That is funny, you are like the best comedian I have ever heard of.

You could get on here and give away 100 coins, but I can guarantee that the person who doesn't get one is going to raise heck on here.

snip.... Then my favorite is when you end up buying a coin anyways when the hype dies down. lol

Oh gosh the forum police who are out to protect others from harm.... Oh save us... lol

I will be buying one of these coins, I don't care what anyone says on here. :wub:

If you followed the thread carefully you'd notice that just about everyone is willing to buy the coin once it's made. The drama came about trying to inform the OP that pre-sales to an unknown (non-cacher, non-geocoin owner) aren't going to fly, especially not at that price, while he assumed pre-sales were a standard means to capitalize a coin's minting.

Perhaps I should have just ignored the thread and turn a blind eye to what appeared to be scam. But I don't turn a blind eye on the street when someone is being assaulted nor do I hide when it appears someone is breaking in to my neighbour's house. I spoke up as I would wish anyone to speak up against a perceived wrong. If you find that offensive I apologise to you for assaulting your sensibilities but will admit that I would not shy away from doing it again in the future.

Oh so you were just helping everyone out by pointing out what a bunch of other people already pointed out. Kind of like walking out when the police have already arrived and saying "Hey, someone is breaking in your house!" Bravo!

I get why you're so offended..... with hardly any geocaching experience you came to the forums looking to finance your coin project earlier this year. Glad to see you finally got it done. Perhaps you can email DiLMar and give him some free advise since you find everything posted here so objectionable.

I have to agree with MJ, JG and WWC.... a $15 pre-sale to an unknown entity is too expensive for a geocoin that may or may not be made. Lower your mark-up and you'll sell more interest in this, your first foray in the Geocoin Forums. You can always sell the rest on Ebay once you've got your costs covered.

Edit to add: Oh... and find a few caches in the meantime so your intentions aren't too obvious.

Ha. You were the 6th post. I am curious, if it was say $5.00 would that still be too much for a geocoin that may or may not be made. Because it reads like you just think it is too expensive. And then I like the "Edit to add:"

Your comment would almost appear to be a jab at their attentions. You don't even know their attentions. What a regular Dick Tracey! So, what part of this is helping this person? It is you playing detective! Way to judge a person. Excellent job! You should just sent emails to people when they join geocaching to just not bother coming into the forum we will only insult you. But hey its a family sport. lol Love it.

I have to agree with MJ, JG and WWC.... a $15 pre-sale to an unknown entity is too expensive for a geocoin that may or may not be made. Lower your mark-up and you'll sell more interest in this, your first foray in the Geocoin Forums. You can always sell the rest on Ebay once you've got your costs covered.

Edit to add: Oh... and find a few caches in the meantime so your intentions aren't too obvious.

Ha. You were the 6th post. I am curious, if it was say $5.00 would that still be too much for a geocoin that may or may not be made. Because it reads like you just think it is too expensive. And then I like the "Edit to add:"

Your comment would almost appear to be a jab at their attentions. You don't even know their attentions. What a regular Dick Tracey! So, what part of this is helping this person? It is you playing detective! Way to judge a person. Excellent job! You should just sent emails to people when they join geocaching to just not bother coming into the forum we will only insult you. But hey its a family sport. lol Love it.

BUH BYE

Oh so you were just helping everyone out by pointing out what a bunch of other people already pointed out. Kind of like walking out when the police have already arrived and saying "Hey, someone is breaking in your house!" Bravo!

I get why you're so offended..... with hardly any geocaching experience you came to the forums looking to finance your coin project earlier this year. Glad to see you finally got it done. Perhaps you can email DiLMar and give him some free advise since you find everything posted here so objectionable.

What is Geocaching experience? You find a object in the woods, do you need a degree? I have plenty of finds in my book, but I didn't realize that the more I get allows me to be able to judge others... I get it, so you are like the king elf wizard of your Geocaching World of War Craft.

Duh

When trying to decide on doing do business with someone if I get one person who says don't do it. I still have no idea if it's a good idea.

Now if I get one person who says don't do it but get 20 say do it, then I'm likely to do it. But on the other had if one says do it and 20 say don't, then I probably wont.

So yes I value the opinion vote count, pro or con the more the better.

And you example is very wrong. If you saw someone breaking in, the Police would most definitely want you to come out, so they could take your statement, thus giving the court system more information on which to base a decision.

And yes I did smile at the 20%

When trying to decide on doing do business with someone if I get one person who says don't do it. I still have no idea if it's a good idea.

Now if I get one person who says don't do it but get 20 say do it, then I'm likely to do it. But on the other had if one says do it and 20 say don't, then I probably wont.

So yes I value the opinion vote count, pro or con the more the better.

And you example is very wrong. If you saw someone breaking in, the Police would most definitely want you to come out, so they could take your statement, thus giving the court system more information on which to base a decision.

And yes I did smile at the 20%

That was painful to read, but after I translated it, I am still lost...

All I am saying is, if someone asked a question, let the person answer it before 20 people post the same concern over and over again. It gets old... and I see it a lot on here.

Folks, please keep your eye on the ball. The topic here is this coin and it's pre-sale.

If you wish to have 1:1 discussions or pick apart each other's intentions, please take it to email or PM but keep in mind that any contact through the Groundspeak system requires that you abide by the same guidelines as posting here.

Do not use those tools for attacking or harassing another member, but do use them for the continued witty banter that doesn't belong in here.

Thanks.

And yet another person get hit time and time again. I could care less about the people who do nothing but sit on here and and take shot after shot at people who are new to this. It is a great looking coin. The part I love the most is while you are thinking up these little witty comments and hitting the submit button thinking your post is going to be the one that opens up the eyes of the Geocaching Community, you are merely giving the coin more publicity. Then my favorite is when you end up buying a coin anyways when the hype dies down. lol

Hmm.. maybe your negativity is stemming from your own experience when you came to the forums under less than honest pretenses? I'm sure you would have lots of advice to give to the OP on how to change your screenname after a first coin attempt receives outrage from the geocoin community.

Hmm.. maybe your negativity is stemming from your own experience when you came to the forums under less than honest pretenses? I'm sure you would have lots of advice to give to the OP on how to change your screenname after a first coin attempt receives outrage from the geocoin community.

Let's bring up the past... Good. Write me privately and I would be glad to talk to you about the past. But sense you didn't see the message from the moderator, I will assume you lack the ability to read. It is funny how the ones who dish it out are the ones who can't take it.

By the way. That is a great coin!

Let's bring up the past... Good. Write me privately and I would be glad to talk to you about the past. But sense you didn't see the message from the moderator, I will assume you lack the ability to read. It is funny how the ones who dish it out are the ones who can't take it.

By the way. That is a great coin!

I'm pretty sure this post is on topic, as it relates to you being able to help the OP with his current and future coin sales. At least, that's how I read it. Not sure why it's so offensive to you?

TMA

But sense you didn't see the message from the moderator, I will assume you lack the ability to read. It is funny how the ones who dish it out are the ones who can't take it.

Dude, methinks the moderator's message was directed at the personal attacks that started this morning.

C'mon guys - I'm trying to eat lunch here.

Let's be clear:

1) If you have feedback for the OP about this coin please post.

2) If you have feedback for the OP about how to handle pre-sales, reservations, etc. as a new vendor please post.

3) If you want to buy a coin please post.

4) If you don't want to buy a coin please post.

If your post doesn't fit this criteria, DON'T POST. If you think slipping in a jab between comments about the above goes un-noticed, it doesn't.

I'm saving myself a lot of typing here by not sending individual mesages so consider this a formal warning to all:

Off topic posts, personal jabs, etc. may result in a suspension of posting rights.

This thread is going off-topic and the only reason it's not being closed right now is that it wouldn't be fair to the OP. On the other hand, if the OP wishes to have this kept open he/she should probably respond and be active in this thread.

I'll re-assess this thread later but don't expect to see any more off-topic postings.

Move along, nothing to see here. :wub:

Ok, staying on topic here. Even if he produces the coin I won't buy it based solely on the OPs earlier bad communication skills. In the beginning I was thinking I'd be interested, not so much now. I suspect there are others that might feel the same way. His communications skills (or lack of them) really cost him an opportunity to make some money here. That's ok i'll just buy from vendors that do exercise good communication skills.

Yes, the Celtic Treasure Geocoin is definitely going to be made! I have already spent enough money and 5 months of my time to come up with just its design. But it will not be sold through this forum. I already have enough people signed up on my FRIENDSLIST through my website who wish to buy it when the coin is made. Most of them actually offered me funds to have the coin made sooner. But, Since I have already had a bad experience about taking money upfront I had to turn those offers down. I am going to make this coin with my own efforts and money and then offer it to others! Even if that means it is going to take forever. Please, don’t consider this post as means of collecting funds for the production anymore. Consider this post as a point of communication about the Celtic Treasure Geocoin. I apologize to all that I have been very sarcastic towards. Please, understand that I did not mean any harm to anyone but only fun and having a good time. I do also apologize that I have come to your doors asking for money at first place. But I hope you understand that anybody could have done the same mistake with little experience as I am. Once again my coins will be on sale only when they are already made and never before. Just as a courtesy to my buyers!

I would also like to ask Administrators of this forum to delete part of the heading of this post that is “Trying to do Presale to fund production” related to collecting funds or presale. Since, I have no clue how to delete that part myself. Or please guide me on how to edit the heading of the post. Thanks in advance! Like I mentioned earlier I would like this post to be a Discussion Post for Celtic Treasure Geocoin. Nothing more!

I also thank everybody who participated in this POST and who still is and who will be. If this post will still exist, that is. I also apologize about my communications skills, but I tried to be as clear as I could and not to hurt anybodies feelings. I also thank administrators for bringing up the question about harassment. I just thank everybody in here since everybody was very supportive! :)

DiLMar

Yes, the Celtic Treasure Geocoin is definitely going to be made! I have already spent enough money and 5 months of my time to come up with just its design. But it will not be sold through this forum. I already have enough people signed up on my FRIENDSLIST through my website who wish to buy it when the coin is made. Most of them actually offered me funds to have the coin made sooner. But, Since I have already had a bad experience about taking money upfront I had to turn those offers down. I am going to make this coin with my own efforts and money and then offer it to others! Even if that means it is going to take forever. Please, don’t consider this post as means of collecting funds for the production anymore. Consider this post as a point of communication about the Celtic Treasure Geocoin. I apologize to all that I have been very sarcastic towards. Please, understand that I did not mean any harm to anyone but only fun and having a good time. I do also apologize that I have come to your doors asking for money at first place. But I hope you understand that anybody could have done the same mistake with little experience as I am. Once again my coins will be on sale only when they are already made and never before. Just as a courtesy to my buyers!

I would also like to ask Administrators of this forum to delete part of the heading of this post that is “Trying to do Presale to fund production” related to collecting funds or presale. Since, I have no clue how to delete that part myself. Or please guide me on how to edit the heading of the post. Thanks in advance! Like I mentioned earlier I would like this post to be a Discussion Post for Celtic Treasure Geocoin. Nothing more!

I also thank everybody who participated in this POST and who still is and who will be. If this post will still exist, that is. I also apologize about my communications skills, but I tried to be as clear as I could and not to hurt anybodies feelings. I also thank administrators for bringing up the question about harassment. I just thank everybody in here since everybody was very supportive! :)

DiLMar

DiLMar. I don't know if you are a man or a woman so if you are a woman please take this in the complimentary fashion it's intended. It takes a real man to admit he may have made a mistake and I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to say I'm impressed with your most recent post. I'm having 2nd thoughts now on wanting to get one of your coins so I would encourage you to post here when they are ready for sale so I can get one or two of them. Maybe we got off to a rough start, but with time I'm sure you'll do just fine around here. Heck, we all from time to time make mistakes and I'm sure people can understand that. Lord knows you've certainly got some good talent that a lot of us can appreciate. Good luck in your venture and I look forward to hearing your coin is available for sale. Welcome to the forum. :D

You know it just dawned on me that maybe I wasn't the only person who was offended and maybe my posts offended you even though I did not intend them to be offensive. So if they were offensive to you please accept my apology to you. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of good coins made by you. :)

Edit to add a P.S. Yep, upon going back and reviewing the thread there were a couple of my posts towards the end that should not have been posted. Those posts were made when I was feeling unhappy and I should have kept my thoughts to myself when I didn't have anything constructive to add to the conversation. I guess it just goes to prove even us old farts screw up sometimes. So I do apologize for offending you DiLMar. :D

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

I'll add my voice: as I have said several times before, the coin designs on your site are very nice. I do hope you keep posting about the status of this particular coin here because I'd like to see how it's coming along.

Thanks for taking the advice re: pre-sales, reservations, etc on board. That is awesome. I'm looking forward to buying some of your coins when they're in hand and can't wait to see the mint art and photos of the samples and/or coins. Please do consider posting those here.

Cheers! : )