Check Out My New GeoCoin

DiLMar

I think this is a coin company that discovered geocoins and thought they'd hop on the bandwagon without doing a little research here first. They sell other types of coins, for other occasions too.

I am not a coin company yet....(snip)

Why do you present yourself as that then?

I do not, DiLMar is my name and DiLMar Coins are my coins. What is wrond with that?

i love the designs, you made,, but agree with the rest, ill be waiting for samples or die art for this. your coin design are great and would sell like hott cakes.

heres my question...

if you own a biz, why cant you afford to have the coins made? i looks like you already have another coin,, are those in stock???

i guess im a lil confused as to if your just a designer or a vendor?

Thanks a lot for the comment, and I am not a company, I am just a simple guy who has a hobby of collecting and making coins. My other design that is called "Mystery Heart" will be in stock pretty soon they are in production right now. :) The reason I can't afford to have my coins made is because I am already making some other ones and can't do invest in everything at the same time. And I am neither or both I deign my own coins or have an idea and hire a designer to do what I have in mind and make those coins. I just love doing it and it doesn't take too much from me. Once again thanks for good questions.

Since you're responding, here's another piece of advice.

Did you know that you cannot accept a paypal payment for a pre-sale unless you are shipping the product to your customers within 20 days? Otherwise they'll lock your account. That is another reason why pre-sales are frowned upon.

FYI

TMA

I did look at that too and it is not 20 days

Thanks

Since you're responding, here's another piece of advice.

Did you know that you cannot accept a paypal payment for a pre-sale unless you are shipping the product to your customers within 20 days? Otherwise they'll lock your account. That is another reason why pre-sales are frowned upon.

FYI

TMA

I did look at that too and it is not 20 days

Thanks

Read closer:

Acceptable Pre Sale Terms (Paypal website)

I think this is a coin company that discovered geocoins and thought they'd hop on the bandwagon without doing a little research here first. They sell other types of coins, for other occasions too.

I am not a coin company yet, but this is actually a good idea and I will defiantly be working on achieving that goal. Thanks!

I can understand why you feel like you're being attacked and to be truthful if I was in your shoes I'm thin skinned enough that I'd feel the same way. However, I'm not the one being "attacked" or whatever the word you'd want to use to describe the responses so it's a little easier to for me step back and not feel like it's me personally being attacked and I think I can see the overall big picture a little clearer than you.

Yes, you are correct there has been a chilly reception to you. However, these people (maybe not all, but certainly a lot of them) have been ripped off in the recent past. Nobody is accusing you of doing such a terrible thing, but it really is very normal to be very skeptical after you've been burnt once. So please do not hold that against them. If you or I had been in their shoes for the earlier fiasco I'm sure we'd be voicing the same concerns.

You didn't mention it, but if you feel the established vendors shouldn't be skeptical of you too I'd have to say they too have a right to be skeptical also. Although they are legitimate and honorable people, just by selling geocoins their good reputations have been somewhat questioned because of the damage done by one or two not so honorable businesses.

I get the impression from your post that you think Jackalgirl and Eartha (and others) are bashing on you. Maybe I'm just missing the obvious, but I honestly interpretted their comments as sincerely trying to offer you assistance in launching your endeavour. Again, maybe I'm missing the obvious (I do miss it frequently), but I thought (not sure but I thought) I was detecting some sarcasm in your reply. If so I can understand why you might feel that way, but I would encourage you to view their advice to you in the spirit it was given which is that although they were reluctant to buy into your coin at this time they really were offering you some very good advice. If you'd have asked a professional sales consulting company for advice on how to survive in this geocoin market you would have had to have paid hundreds or thousands or dollars for the very good pointers they provided you for free.

If I have misunderstood your post and there was not any sarcasm intended let me know and I will be happy to post an apology since this may very well be one of those times that I misinterpret somebodys post on here.

Anyways, welcome to the addiction we all suffer from and please do try to take any constructive critisism or advice nicely since I really don't think anybody has "attacked" you. Be patient, when people have been burnt once they often are reluctant after that. Again welcome and hopefully you'll be making beautiful coins for a long time to come.

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

4. “Plus, a couple of things to notice:

You're asking $15 per coin. That is an awful lot of money for people to shell out for something that hasn't been made yet. Yes, it's a 2" coin with 3D detail, but what other special features justify that price? Those of us with direct experience with mints -- and there are a few of us here -- have a good idea of how much a mint will charge for such a coin. It isn't $15 per.”

Well, I perfectly understand your feeling about being so irritated about my price of $15 per coin – but then isn’t this what we all do? Always complain about the price? LOL

Sure I will not be able to sell a lot of coins with that price but hey I don’t expect to. After all that’s what the presales are for. To presale a little before the production with a little bit higher price in order to be able to sell the same coins for a lot lower price when they are actually produced.

Help me understand. What is my incentive to buy the coin in pre-sale at $15 when you are already planning to offer it for cheaper when they are minted? Do I get something free with pre-sale purchase? :)

TMA

I do not, DiLMar is my name and DiLMar Coins are my coins. What is wrond with that?

What is wrong with that, my dear young friend, is that you're asking for money up front for something that does not exist and you're not giving anyone reason to believe you, trust you or have faith in your ability to deliver.

Since you seem to hung up on the same people posting I'll give it a go. I'm very new here have only been into coins for about 2 months. It's obvious you didn't read through the sticky posts on trade and vendor issues or you would know the horror stories people reference.

Your coin looks great but even as a newbie I wonder what the mint's version of a makable coin will look like.

I've pre-ordered with payment and I've pre-ordered on reservation where money is paid when coin is shipped. The paid in advance only go to large established businesses that I see very active in the community including donating and sponsoring events, even taking part in them.

Your logic is very wrong about a pre-sale. I would not expect the same coin I pre-ordered to be sold for less latter. I'd expect it to ether be sold-out and never minted again or sold for more after the pre-sale.

If you can't afford the grand to two grand for the coin then look into the big coin producers many of them will take on the financial burden of creating a good design and give you several for your own use including an AE version that only goes to you.

You'll not get a lot of people here to jump on your pre-sale especially with the attitude you've displayed in your response. If you read through any of the new coin, new designer threads you'll see that it can take a lot longer to get your first coin out than 3 months. Several people took a year.

I appreciate your comment defiantly something new. But my situation is I already have collected some funds of my own and I need some more to have enough for my production. And my other coin is in production right now and I will be selling those without any presale since everybody is so scared about it. I did read some book for the presale before I have started it but hey every person have a different opinion. And about my attitude I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just have a great sense of humor that’s all. If I hurt anybodies feelings though “Sorry”!

What is wrong with that, my dear young friend, is that you're asking for money up front for something that does not exist and you're not giving anyone reason to believe you, trust you or have faith in your ability to deliver.

Well then they shouldn't be spending their money. FAIR ENOUGH?

You're asking $15 per coin. That is an awful lot of money for people to shell out for something that hasn't been made yet. Yes, it's a 2" coin with 3D detail, but what other special features justify that price? Those of us with direct experience with mints -- and there are a few of us here -- have a good idea of how much a mint will charge for such a coin. It isn't $15 per.”

Well, I perfectly understand your feeling about being so irritated about my price of $15 per coin – but then isn’t this what we all do? Always complain about the price? LOL

Sure I will not be able to sell a lot of coins with that price but hey I don’t expect to. After all that’s what the presales are for. To presale a little before the production with a little bit higher price in order to be able to sell the same coins for a lot lower price when they are actually produced.

Help me understand. What is my incentive to buy the coin in pre-sale at $15 when you are already planning to offer it for cheaper when they are minted? Do I get something free with pre-sale purchase? :)

TMA

You get nothing except coin so if your not into it you just shouldn't buy it! LOL

Since you seem to hung up on the same people posting I'll give it a go. I'm very new here have only been into coins for about 2 months. It's obvious you didn't read through the sticky posts on trade and vendor issues or you would know the horror stories people reference.

Your coin looks great but even as a newbie I wonder what the mint's version of a makable coin will look like.

I've pre-ordered with payment and I've pre-ordered on reservation where money is paid when coin is shipped. The paid in advance only go to large established businesses that I see very active in the community including donating and sponsoring events, even taking part in them.

Your logic is very wrong about a pre-sale. I would not expect the same coin I pre-ordered to be sold for less latter. I'd expect it to ether be sold-out and never minted again or sold for more after the pre-sale.

If you can't afford the grand to two grand for the coin then look into the big coin producers many of them will take on the financial burden of creating a good design and give you several for your own use including an AE version that only goes to you.

You'll not get a lot of people here to jump on your pre-sale especially with the attitude you've displayed in your response. If you read through any of the new coin, new designer threads you'll see that it can take a lot longer to get your first coin out than 3 months. Several people took a year.

I appreciate your comment defiantly something new. But my situation is I already have collected some funds of my own and I need some more to have enough for my production. And my other coin is in production right now and I will be selling those without any presale since everybody is so scared about it. I did read some book for the presale before I have started it but hey every person have a different opinion. And about my attitude I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just have a great sense of humor that’s all. If I hurt anybodies feelings though “Sorry”!

I'd suggest you post the mint's art work for your coin in production. Are they sending you samples before final mintng or are you going straight to final run?

I am not a coin company yet, but this is actually a good idea and I will defiantly be working on achieving that goal. Thanks!

I can understand why you feel like you're being attacked and to be truthful if I was in your shoes I'm thin skinned enough that I'd feel the same way. However, I'm not the one being "attacked" or whatever the word you'd want to use to describe the responses so it's a little easier to for me step back and not feel like it's me personally being attacked and I think I can see the overall big picture a little clearer than you.

Yes, you are correct there has been a chilly reception to you. However, these people (maybe not all, but certainly a lot of them) have been ripped off in the recent past. Nobody is accusing you of doing such a terrible thing, but it really is very normal to be very skeptical after you've been burnt once. So please do not hold that against them. If you or I had been in their shoes for the earlier fiasco I'm sure we'd be voicing the same concerns.

You didn't mention it, but if you feel the established vendors shouldn't be skeptical of you too I'd have to say they too have a right to be skeptical also. Although they are legitimate and honorable people, just by selling geocoins their good reputations have been somewhat questioned because of the damage done by one or two not so honorable businesses.

I get the impression from your post that you think Jackalgirl and Eartha (and others) are bashing on you. Maybe I'm just missing the obvious, but I honestly interpretted their comments as sincerely trying to offer you assistance in launching your endeavour. Again, maybe I'm missing the obvious (I do miss it frequently), but I thought (not sure but I thought) I was detecting some sarcasm in your reply. If so I can understand why you might feel that way, but I would encourage you to view their advice to you in the spirit it was given which is that although they were reluctant to buy into your coin at this time they really were offering you some very good advice. If you'd have asked a professional sales consulting company for advice on how to survive in this geocoin market you would have had to have paid hundreds or thousands or dollars for the very good pointers they provided you for free.

If I have misunderstood your post and there was not any sarcasm intended let me know and I will be happy to post an apology since this may very well be one of those times that I misinterpret somebodys post on here.

Anyways, welcome to the addiction we all suffer from and please do try to take any constructive critisism or advice nicely since I really don't think anybody has "attacked" you. Be patient, when people have been burnt once they often are reluctant after that. Again welcome and hopefully you'll be making beautiful coins for a long time to come.

Thanks for the comment and yes I will be making beautifull coins for a long long time ven if they won't be a geocoins :) But thanks for the comment.

Ok,

Here is the deal, If you don't want to buy a presale well you shouldn't cuz you dont have to especially from me! Just Don't buy it! Honestly I just think that you all here make and sell coins as well and you just hate when you see more people doing it. But seriously though DONT BUY FROM ME!!! LOL

I'd suggest you post the mint's art work for your coin in production. Are they sending you samples before final mintng or are you going straight to final run?

I will be getting samples but I wont sell any coins untill actually get them. But wait when I will actually get my coins and start selling them without presael there will be more criticism. :) LOL

Ok,

Here is the deal, If you don't want to buy a presale well you shouldn't cuz you dont have to especially from me! Just Don't buy it! Honestly I just think that you all here make and sell coins as well and you just hate when you see more people doing it. But seriously though DONT BUY FROM ME!!! LOL

Sorry to buzz in again, but I feel you're wrong, wrong, wrong on this point. Yes, some or maybe even lots of people weighing in on this thread have had geocoins minted and sold them. However, the great majority of them are very big into collecting them. Due to the fact that they are collectors they love it when somebody produces new coins that they can collect and they frequently do encourage new geocoin designers to mint new coins. I'm kind of new here, but I've seen lots of people offer their 1st coins and I've never seen these people try to discourage a single one of them. I know it's hard for you to believe, but they really are not against competition in general or you in particular. They'd love to have even more coins to collect, they are just against the way you're starting out (and they do have a reason based on their past experiences with another seller who was not so honorable).

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

Oh, and since I am just an outcast in this forum for now, I can’t really know everything about how it works. I expected to get email for every comment I got for my post. But thanks to LadyBee4T I found out that there were lots of question for me on my first post. So, Yeah thanks LadyBee4T. Appreciate it.

Now let’s start with some answers to some of your questions, shall we?

1. About me not having any experience with geocaching? There is nothing wrong with that I say. I am just starting with this thing and still learning a lot of stuff. I don’t even have my own GPS yet, since I can’t afford it. I don’t really want to buy a cheap stuff, but that’s just my way of doing things. I tried to find a cache without GPS though didn’t work out. LOL Well what do you expect from a newbie?

2. For the Jackelgirl’s cold reception? Don’t worry Jackelgirl I am not surprised at all, instead your comments are helping me a lot and I value that quality (criticism) in you all. And yes I am aware of some experiences that have occurred in here with some good people. But, not every single person or a company is a fake. After all we all go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy every now and then, sometimes even a little gas station which we never heard of. But I would like to hear it from someone who actually was cheated? So far I haven’t seen any of you being fooled from what you commented, well then what are you afraid of? lol

3. “Nowadays, pre-sales only work for those with solidly-established reputations.” Does that mean it’s you and almost everybody else who keeps commenting my post for multiple times? Proving that I am a scam?  But still I appreciate all of the information. It does really help me a lot since I am only starting in here. And yes, from what I have seen it’s just only few of you who keep’s writing pretty much the same thing over and over again. No offense, but don’t you have some other things to do or at least say?

5. Everybody keeps saying they don’t know what to expect from my coins? Well, what is so hard about it? A) You saw the picture? :) You know the size? C) You know the price? D) You know the quality? E) You know what colors it comes with? What else to know about? Yes, you say that I don’t have an actual coin picture. I agree! But don’t you think? That if I had an actual picture of the coin that would kind of mean that I already have the coin? Why would I do the Presale for it then? I would have loved to sell my coin without doing a presale if I had enough money. And Why I don’t use my own money for the production? Well it’s just that simple “I am not Rich Yet” LOL. And Jackelgirl I would love to learn more about the reservation idea you have been talking about. Please, send me more info on that if you don’t mind. 

6. But here is the best part. The reason my coin is $15 is because I want to sell only a limited amount of Celtic Treasure coins to help me start my production and then once I have started it. It will allow me to sell it even lower then a market price, which would give me an opportunity to make everybody happy.

Plus it comes with free shipping but only in the US. For International shipping has to contact me since its a bit expensive then domestic. And if anybody thinks that $15 is too high to pay for a geocoin which will give you the opportunity of being the first few to have it? Then you shouldn’t be even looking at it. LOL Most of you say you have been in Presale for a while but you still don’t understand what actually it means. You rather rip of others who have no clue what it is. I on the other hand am trying to presale very few in order to have the rest for very reasonable price, affordable for everybody. Thank You!

7. About not knowing who you buying from? Well tell me that – How many times have you know somebody online when you bought stuff? Yeah, probably NONE unless you are buying something from your relatives. Oh, and yes since, you keep complaining about the price being high for $15, well you have to understand that this is not for RESELLERS. And if u are a RESELLER then you should contact me directly to discuss it. 

8. Take your money and Run, eeeyy? Well every payment is being done through PayPal and you can always get your money back if something goes wrong. Plus I do provide money back within 7 days after you receive the coin and if you’re not happy with it. Which I doubt. Cuz you’ll love it. LOL

9. And those who keep making fun of 20% DISCOUNT on my website. Well SORRY Felas that doesn’t apply to you.

10. “Yes, instead of paying $3000 to a person of unknown reputation, you only have to pay $2400. What a bargain!” Again that doesn’t apply to you. LOL

11. “and, thusly, having the money to pay for the coins to begin with, since no mint will provide you coins without having the full payment in hand” – I think that’s why I am doing a Presale! Hello???

12. “You're charging $20 for souvenir coins and although you don't mention the size, coins that have no enamel and simple antique finishes are really inexpensive to make.” Also, doesn’t apply to you. Sorry!

13. “Your designs are lovely and would sell like hotcakes if you a) had photos of samples, :) had the coins in hand and c) priced them at a market-reasonable rate.” – I am trying to get to that point and Once again THAT’S WHY I AM DOING A PRESALE LOL

14. "Our company sets its own pricing as market forces." I love your comments, although it’s just my style can’t help it. LOL “Sentence makes no sense whatsoever” - but you still got the idea! lol 

15. Standard questions abound:

- Is there a dedicated icon? - Yes

- Does the price include postage? - Yes

- If not, what are the prices for postage & handling - None

- International orders available? - Yes

- International postage costs? – Contact please

- Will more be available after the presale? - Yes

- Expected delivery date? From one to three months

- Refund policy? – Refund within seven days after the coin is received by the buyer if the terms are not met. Buyer responsible for shipping costs at that time.

...just to name a few.

I guess this is pretty much it for now. I will surely get back in here whenever I can though. LOL

But Really I apreciate all of your comments. Thank you!

Ok I know that others will have a lot to say about this post and I will add mine. Your sarcasm will not win you any friends here and you have lost a lot of potential customers with the attitude you have shown. Several people told you to come to the forums and see what coins are all about and your post shows that you haven't done that at all. If you had you would have realized that it can be very active here and you wouldn't get emails unless you signed up for them.

You named me in your post and I can't for the life of me remember telling you that you had questions here. Maybe you are a sock puppet and I talked to your real account. Naw I don't remember talking to anybody about it. I do admit though to helping people out from time to time. so if I did in some way help you then you are welcome but then maybe again you are being sarcastic. From the tone of the rest of your post I have no idea.

Some comments to your items

1. No problem being a newbie in the caching world. However it looks here like you are in it for only one thing and that is money. There have been several others like that too and then disappear. doesn't mean they didn't make nice coins though. You need to know about your market before selling--research, research research

2. Here is a thread about people who were cheated and a lot have posted in this thread

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=205019

3. We don't say you are a scam but people are very leery of someone without a track record who want to take our money. Wait until you can fund it yourself or go to a coin company and have them make it for you and you get a few coins. If you had been here and asked that you would know that a lot of newbies do it that way. Jackal girl gave some great advice BTW

4. I am VERY pi$$ed off that someone wants to take the money from the first suckers (opps I meant buyers) to fund the initial production so the others will have a lower cost. We ALL should get that price. Actually you have the wrong idea about presales. A lot of the time if you sign up for a presale the cost will be lower. If you wait to buy afterwords then the coin price increases. Research buddy

5. There is a lot to know about the coin that you haven't told us. someone earlier in this thread said them. You don't realize that an actual coin may look a LOT different than the initial artwork. You don't even have the mint artwork to see if they can do your design.

6. Your idea DOESN'T make everybody happy see #4

7. I only buy online from established stores. Newegg, amazon etc

8. You have no concept about the way paypal works. Or maybe you do and want to use it to your advantage. Paypal only allows disputes for refunds to be filed within 45 days. Well before your estimated delivery date. So just in case you never make them we the buyers have no recourse. If paid with a credit card it still may be beyond the time frame for a dispute. You also need to check into the paypal policy of when you need to ship after getting paid for something. They are not too keen on presales either.

9. But 20% off the discount on the other site does apply to me and everybody else who buys there. Thanks to you Moop gave us the discount WAY COOL!!!

10. Little to add to that comment duh

11. We don't like giving money to pay for someone else's coin that they don't have the money to produce themselves.....This bears repeating

12. So why doesn't it apply to us?

13. You still don't get the presale concept do you. They gave you great advice. Show us the actual goods!!! WE are trying to get the point across but you aren't listening. Lurk in this forum if you haven't already and learn these things before you make other dumb statements

14. If a business has trouble with the language it doesn't help the sales.

15. Info asked for before. Refund sounds like it only applies after the coins are received but what happens if they are never received?

If you want to succeed then you need to be in here a lot while your thread is active.

You're welcome for these comments also

I'm sorry but I hope I'm just confused. You want us to pay $15 now for a coin that we'll get in 1-3 months. At that point the coin will be offered cheaper for others to buy and get immediately. What is the incentive for me to pay more and wait for the coin. Why not just wait until I know that there actually is a completed coin and then pay less?

Please step back a little bit and take all the above comments as constructive advice from those who you hope to sell the coins to and not as attacks. This really is a very friendly and helpful community once you take the time to get to know everyone.

Ok . . . I bit! Purchased through Paypal . . . According to Paypal Terms of Shipping it will be shipped within 32-33 days of payment and payment has been made . . . Stay tuned . . .

By the way, your money will be returned to you since you vilolated my privacy & policy. And no coin will be shipped to you.

Thanks

Just some friendly words of wisdom based on what you've written so far and from personal experience:

* If you plan to market your coins on this forum, then you need to make time for your potential customers.

* People here appreciate someone who is active in the community versus someone who is only here to make a quick buck.

* While joking around is ok (and I do it alot) it's best when you're new to be a bit more professional so people will take you seriously.

* Get familiar with the previous history of the geocoin world, it will only make your life easier around here.

* Get familiar with Groundspeak policy/guidelines regarding geocoins so you appear knowledgeable when you're responding to your possible customers.

* If you can't afford to make coins without other people's money than you shouldn't be making coins. What happens if something happens to you or your family and you are not in a position to give your customers their money back? You should CARE about this fact.

* When you're new here, it's best to show samples to your possible clients because it shows that at the minimum you have invested funds in the die art and are serious about what you are offering.

* Mint 1 coin at a time to build trust between yourself and your possible customer base.

* Take what your customers or possible customers say seriously because it is they who control your destiny.

* Don't tell your potential customers "not to buy' from you if they don't like it. Guess what, they won't!

* Very few people here can command or justify a price of over $14 for a coin, don't take advantage of your customers.

* Be honest, give your customers every bit of detail you possibly can so they can make an informed choice.

* If you can do these, you'll earn respect and a good reputation enough to keep you around.

* Baby Steps.

tsun

I'm sorry but I hope I'm just confused. You want us to pay $15 now for a coin that we'll get in 1-3 months. At that point the coin will be offered cheaper for others to buy and get immediately. What is the incentive for me to pay more and wait for the coin. Why not just wait until I know that there actually is a completed coin and then pay less?

Please step back a little bit and take all the above comments as constructive advice from those who you hope to sell the coins to and not as attacks. This really is a very friendly and helpful community once you take the time to get to know everyone.

Well if you have read before there is no incentvie and I already said DONT BUY IT!

And Yes I can really tell how friendly this Virtual Community of yours is!

Ok . . . I bit! Purchased through Paypal . . . According to Paypal Terms of Shipping it will be shipped within 32-33 days of payment and payment has been made . . . Stay tuned . . .

By the way, your money will be returned to you since you vilolated my privacy & policy. And no coin will be shipped to you.

Thanks

I put that coin on my watch list and I didn't see privacy policy on the listing. but you did say that you will ship within 30 days of receiving a cleared payment. Not sure if you can exchange feedback still though since you are refunding the money

Thanks

I put that coin on my watch list and I didn't see privacy policy on the listing. but you did say that you will ship within 30 days of receiving a cleared payment. Not sure if you can exchange feedback still though since you are refunding the money

Well I can have any privacy and policy that I want as long as it is within the frames of law. So I am just saying you violated my privacy and policy. and About the feedback I really care less.

Thanks

Well I can have any privacy and policy that I want as long as it is within the frames of law. So I am just saying you violated my privacy and policy. and About the feedback I really care less.

If you don't state it your policys and privacy clauses then Ebay wouldn't uphold it LOL

BTW I wasn't the buyer

Thanks

If you don't state it your policys and privacy clauses then Ebay wouldn't uphold it LOL

BTW I wasn't the buyer

WHO CARES ABOUT EBAY? LOL

In an earlier post I said these people are not against you in particular. Well I can't speak for anybody else, but after seeing the way you continue to act instead of trying to give you the benefit of the doubt I can tell you that I will no longer consider buying coins from you since I don't want my money to go to somebody with your kind of personality. I may be wrong, but I suspect you'll find a lot of people agreeing and closing their wallets to your business venture. Oh and to quote what you seem to like to see posts end in , "LOL". :)

Just some friendly words of wisdom based on what you've written so far and from personal experience:

* If you plan to market your coins on this forum, then you need to make time for your potential customers.

* People here appreciate someone who is active in the community versus someone who is only here to make a quick buck.

* While joking around is ok (and I do it alot) it's best when you're new to be a bit more professional so people will take you seriously.

* Get familiar with the previous history of the geocoin world, it will only make your life easier around here.

* Get familiar with Groundspeak policy/guidelines regarding geocoins so you appear knowledgeable when you're responding to your possible customers.

* If you can't afford to make coins without other people's money than you shouldn't be making coins. What happens if something happens to you or your family and you are not in a position to give your customers their money back? You should CARE about this fact.

* When you're new here, it's best to show samples to your possible clients because it shows that at the minimum you have invested funds in the die art and are serious about what you are offering.

* Mint 1 coin at a time to build trust between yourself and your possible customer base.

* Take what your customers or possible customers say seriously because it is they who control your destiny.

* Don't tell your potential customers "not to buy' from you if they don't like it. Guess what, they won't!

* Very few people here can command or justify a price of over $14 for a coin, don't take advantage of your customers.

* Be honest, give your customers every bit of detail you possibly can so they can make an informed choice.

* If you can do these, you'll earn respect and a good reputation enough to keep you around.

* Baby Steps.

tsun

GOOD COMENTS REALLY VERY SINCERE, BUT I DONT SEE ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS HERE EXCEPT RESELLERS AND I DONT PLAN ON WORKIN WITH THEM. THANKS A LOT.

In an earlier post I said these people are not against you in particular. Well I can't speak for anybody else, but after seeing the way you continue to act instead of trying to give you the benefit of the doubt I can tell you that I will no longer consider buying coins from you since I don't want my money to go to somebody with your kind of personality. I may be wrong, but I suspect you'll find a lot of people agreeing and closing their wallets to your business venture. Oh and to quote what you seem to like to see posts end in , "LOL". :)

THANKS FOR NOT BUYING IT ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO WAY OF BUYING IT ANYWAYS. LOL

GOOD COMENTS REALLY VERY SINCERE, BUT I DONT SEE ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS HERE EXCEPT RESELLERS AND I DONT PLAN ON WORKIN WITH THEM. THANKS A LOT.

I'm NOT a reseller. I'm also NOT a coin maker/seller/company. I'm just a collector, who's been collecting since the beginning of the year. I've shelled out quite a bit of money for the coins in my collection, and just about all of it has been to established companies that I saw other collectors leaving great feedback for in the coin sales threads. I've been reading tis thread since it started, and I'm shocked at your attitude! My friends know me to be very sarcastic at times but, I've never been as sarcastic as your posts have been coming off as. Oh, and the caps ? In the online world, that's always been seen as YELLING where I'm from... I really liked your coin design and the look but, with the attitude you've displayed here, I'll be saving that $15 for a coin on my top wanted list, or maybe a tank of gas.

Oh, and since I am just an outcast in this forum for now, I can’t really know everything about how it works. I expected to get email for every comment I got for my post. But thanks to LadyBee4T I found out that there were lots of question for me on my first post. So, Yeah thanks LadyBee4T. Appreciate it.

1. About me not having any experience with geocaching? There is nothing wrong with that I say. I am just starting with this thing and still learning a lot of stuff. I don’t even have my own GPS yet, since I can’t afford it. I don’t really want to buy a cheap stuff, but that’s just my way of doing things. I tried to find a cache without GPS though didn’t work out. LOL Well what do you expect from a newbie?

2. For the Jackelgirl’s cold reception? Don’t worry Jackelgirl I am not surprised at all, instead your comments are helping me a lot and I value that quality (criticism) in you all. And yes I am aware of some experiences that have occurred in here with some good people. But, not every single person or a company is a fake. After all we all go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy every now and then, sometimes even a little gas station which we never heard of. But I would like to hear it from someone who actually was cheated? So far I haven’t seen any of you being fooled from what you commented, well then what are you afraid of? lol

3. “Nowadays, pre-sales only work for those with solidly-established reputations.” Does that mean it’s you and almost everybody else who keeps commenting my post for multiple times? Proving that I am a scam?  But still I appreciate all of the information. It does really help me a lot since I am only starting in here. And yes, from what I have seen it’s just only few of you who keep’s writing pretty much the same thing over and over again. No offense, but don’t you have some other things to do or at least say?

5. Everybody keeps saying they don’t know what to expect from my coins? Well, what is so hard about it? A) You saw the picture? :) You know the size? C) You know the price? D) You know the quality? E) You know what colors it comes with? What else to know about? Yes, you say that I don’t have an actual coin picture. I agree! But don’t you think? That if I had an actual picture of the coin that would kind of mean that I already have the coin? Why would I do the Presale for it then? I would have loved to sell my coin without doing a presale if I had enough money. And Why I don’t use my own money for the production? Well it’s just that simple “I am not Rich Yet” LOL. And Jackelgirl I would love to learn more about the reservation idea you have been talking about. Please, send me more info on that if you don’t mind. 

6. But here is the best part. The reason my coin is $15 is because I want to sell only a limited amount of Celtic Treasure coins to help me start my production and then once I have started it. It will allow me to sell it even lower then a market price, which would give me an opportunity to make everybody happy.

Plus it comes with free shipping but only in the US. For International shipping has to contact me since its a bit expensive then domestic. And if anybody thinks that $15 is too high to pay for a geocoin which will give you the opportunity of being the first few to have it? Then you shouldn’t be even looking at it. LOL Most of you say you have been in Presale for a while but you still don’t understand what actually it means. You rather rip of others who have no clue what it is. I on the other hand am trying to presale very few in order to have the rest for very reasonable price, affordable for everybody. Thank You!

7. About not knowing who you buying from? Well tell me that – How many times have you know somebody online when you bought stuff? Yeah, probably NONE unless you are buying something from your relatives. Oh, and yes since, you keep complaining about the price being high for $15, well you have to understand that this is not for RESELLERS. And if u are a RESELLER then you should contact me directly to discuss it. 

8. Take your money and Run, eeeyy? Well every payment is being done through PayPal and you can always get your money back if something goes wrong. Plus I do provide money back within 7 days after you receive the coin and if you’re not happy with it. Which I doubt. Cuz you’ll love it. LOL

9. And those who keep making fun of 20% DISCOUNT on my website. Well SORRY Felas that doesn’t apply to you.

10. “Yes, instead of paying $3000 to a person of unknown reputation, you only have to pay $2400. What a bargain!” Again that doesn’t apply to you. LOL

11. “and, thusly, having the money to pay for the coins to begin with, since no mint will provide you coins without having the full payment in hand” – I think that’s why I am doing a Presale! Hello???

12. “You're charging $20 for souvenir coins and although you don't mention the size, coins that have no enamel and simple antique finishes are really inexpensive to make.” Also, doesn’t apply to you. Sorry!

13. “Your designs are lovely and would sell like hotcakes if you a) had photos of samples, :) had the coins in hand and c) priced them at a market-reasonable rate.” – I am trying to get to that point and Once again THAT’S WHY I AM DOING A PRESALE LOL

14. "Our company sets its own pricing as market forces." I love your comments, although it’s just my style can’t help it. LOL “Sentence makes no sense whatsoever” - but you still got the idea! lol 

- Refund policy? – Refund within seven days after the coin is received by the buyer if the terms are not met. Buyer responsible for shipping costs at that time.

...just to name a few.

I guess this is pretty much it for now. I will surely get back in here whenever I can though. LOL

Ok I know that others will have a lot to say about this post and I will add mine. Your sarcasm will not win you any friends here and you have lost a lot of potential customers with the attitude you have shown. Several people told you to come to the forums and see what coins are all about and your post shows that you haven't done that at all. If you had you would have realized that it can be very active here and you wouldn't get emails unless you signed up for them.

You named me in your post and I can't for the life of me remember telling you that you had questions here. Maybe you are a sock puppet and I talked to your real account. Naw I don't remember talking to anybody about it. I do admit though to helping people out from time to time. so if I did in some way help you then you are welcome but then maybe again you are being sarcastic. From the tone of the rest of your post I have no idea.

1. No problem being a newbie in the caching world. However it looks here like you are in it for only one thing and that is money. There have been several others like that too and then disappear. doesn't mean they didn't make nice coins though. You need to know about your market before selling--research, research research

2. Here is a thread about people who were cheated and a lot have posted in this thread

3. We don't say you are a scam but people are very leery of someone without a track record who want to take our money. Wait until you can fund it yourself or go to a coin company and have them make it for you and you get a few coins. If you had been here and asked that you would know that a lot of newbies do it that way. Jackal girl gave some great advice BTW

4. I am VERY pi$$ed off that someone wants to take the money from the first suckers (opps I meant buyers) to fund the initial production so the others will have a lower cost. We ALL should get that price. Actually you have the wrong idea about presales. A lot of the time if you sign up for a presale the cost will be lower. If you wait to buy afterwords then the coin price increases. Research buddy

5. There is a lot to know about the coin that you haven't told us. someone earlier in this thread said them. You don't realize that an actual coin may look a LOT different than the initial artwork. You don't even have the mint artwork to see if they can do your design.

8. You have no concept about the way paypal works. Or maybe you do and want to use it to your advantage. Paypal only allows disputes for refunds to be filed within 45 days. Well before your estimated delivery date. So just in case you never make them we the buyers have no recourse. If paid with a credit card it still may be beyond the time frame for a dispute. You also need to check into the paypal policy of when you need to ship after getting paid for something. They are not too keen on presales either.

9. But 20% off the discount on the other site does apply to me and everybody else who buys there. Thanks to you Moop gave us the discount WAY COOL!!!

11. We don't like giving money to pay for someone else's coin that they don't have the money to produce themselves.....This bears repeating

13. You still don't get the presale concept do you. They gave you great advice. Show us the actual goods!!! WE are trying to get the point across but you aren't listening. Lurk in this forum if you haven't already and learn these things before you make other dumb statements

15. Info asked for before. Refund sounds like it only applies after the coins are received but what happens if they are never received?

If you want to succeed then you need to be in here a lot while your thread is active.

DONT CALL SOMEBODY A LIER WITHOUT HAVING ANY REASON.

LadeBear68 Today, 08:20 AM Post #2

Premium Member

Group: Premium Members

Since you have not bothered to answer questions in this thread why would anyone purchase anything from you?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=228533

Your customer service is well below acceptable.

--------------------

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Full Edit Quick Edit

LadyBee4T Today, 08:21 AM Post #3

Premium Member

QUOTE(LadeBear68 @ Aug 8 2009, 12:20 PM)

Since you have not bothered to answer questions in this thread why would anyone purchase anything from you?

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to the punch!

I guess he still doesn't know the guidelines about one coin one thread either

PEOPLE REALLY DONT BUY IT OK? :)

I AM NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS!

I DONT WANT TO SELL HERE! ESPECIALLY TO YOU COINMAKERS! DONT WORRY YOU WILL NOT HAVE ME AS ONE OF YOUR COMPETITORS IN HERE OK?

THIS IS MY FINAL STATEMENT.

LOL

I sell big ticket items for a living my last sale was for 2 mil, to bad I'm not on commission.

In sales perception means everything and reality counts for very little.

The buyer will have a perceived feeling about the seller this is the number one driver in the sale, unless. The perceived value for the price is good enough to over-ride perception number one. People by from People

Company's and good sales people go to great lengths and expense to protect and enhance their names perception in the market.

How you respond to criticism and even attackers is part of what builds your reputation. When I go into a sales meeting there will be friendlies, there will be detractors and even attackers. How I respond and handle the attacks has a great influence on the real buyers who are usually just observing.

They way you have responded to a few critics has influenced hundreds of possible customers.

Your dead wrong about this community. There are several current threads from new members who are designing new coins and the post have nothing but positive posts Like: can't wait for the sale, your mint art work is great. Quite teasing us show full shots of the mint samples.

Good coins from new players and designers sell-out within minutes, once they are ready and photos are seen.

Cutting off this group is a really bad business decision. This is your largest demographic of possible customers.

Its too bad really, I like the art work and would have purchased several when they were ready.

Since you haven't posted mint art work for your other coin it's doubtful that it's in production, that's a perception it has nothing to do with reality, but a great deal to due with your ability to sell me anything!

Ok, I'm giving up on the OP, however for grins I'd be interested in seeing what his auction looked like. If somebody can post an auction number or a link to it I'd sure like to see it. Thanks in advance! :grin:

Its ended but here is the number 270439691746

This thread has more drama than a season of daytime soaps!!! Where is that popcorn eating smilie when you need him?

Ask and ye shall receive..... :):):D

Thanks Bev.

:P

:D

You're quite welcome!!

See I helped two out in this post! LOL

13. “Your designs are lovely and would sell like hotcakes if you a) had photos of samples, :D had the coins in hand and c) priced them at a market-reasonable rate.” – I am trying to get to that point and Once again THAT’S WHY I AM DOING A PRESALE LOL

...just to name a few.

Premium Member

--------------------

Full Edit Quick Edit

Premium Member

Hmm, does anybody else hear what sounds like a mosquito buzzing around? :)

No way of buying it?? Perhaps with the posted artwork someone else will mint the coin and sell it. Then who will LOL last? Not really sure what you're trying to pull here, but the way you speak reminds me a lot of those emails I keep getting from Nigeria.

Anything to add from those defenders?? I think someone has just realized that they will not get away with their scam, and has decided to cut and run. Giving the finger and calling names on the way. Let's see if they come back in a few months and try again under a new name.

I'm NOT a reseller. I'm also NOT a coin maker/seller/company. I'm just a collector, who's been collecting since the beginning of the year. I've shelled out quite a bit of money for the coins in my collection, and just about all of it has been to established companies that I saw other collectors leaving great feedback for in the coin sales threads. I've been reading tis thread since it started, and I'm shocked at your attitude! My friends know me to be very sarcastic at times but, I've never been as sarcastic as your posts have been coming off as. Oh, and the caps ? In the online world, that's always been seen as YELLING where I'm from... I really liked your coin design and the look but, with the attitude you've displayed here, I'll be saving that $15 for a coin on my top wanted list, or maybe a tank of gas.

PROBABLY HALF A TANK :)

No way of buying it?? Perhaps with the posted artwork someone else will mint the coin and sell it. Then who will LOL last? Not really sure what you're trying to pull here, but the way you speak reminds me a lot of those emails I keep getting from Nigeria.

Anything to add from those defenders?? I think someone has just realized that they will not get away with their scam, and has decided to cut and run. Giving the finger and calling names on the way. Let's see if they come back in a few months and try again under a new name.

YEAH BY THE WAY HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF IM NOT FROMK NIGERIA? LOL

PROBABLY HALF A TANK :)

Where's the OFF when you need it?

...just to name a few.

Premium Member

--------------------

Full Edit Quick Edit

Premium Member

If you read that post carefully you will see that I agreed with Ladebear. I said above that I didn't remember telling you about the questions you had in this thread and what you have quoted supports that. I never called you a liar.

YEAH BY THE WAY HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF IM NOT FROMK NIGERIA? LOL

I wouldn't have a clue. Good luck in your ventures...Elswhere. It's too bad that you only came here to try scamming people, or that you have such poor communication skills that you could not respond in a positive way. I read the whole thread before my reply, and my take is that you are either a Scammer, or a young teenager that is just having fun stirring up some smelly stuff. Perhaps it is just a Language barrier that makes you sound so rude. If that's the case, then it's unfortunate for you. Have a great day.