If non geocachers are muggles, what are we?

hawkfan5

GeoCachers!

That's what I was going to say, but I would not have inappropriately capitalized the C in the middle.

Amen to that. Also, not Geo's or GCr's or Geo-cachers. Cachers is actually what I prefer, but if you must add the "geo" part, do it as one word. Geocachers. And that's what we are.

Now, if the question was, what are we to muggles, that would be a whole different answer.

GeoCachers!

That's what I was going to say, but I would not have inappropriately capitalized the C in the middle.

Amen to that. Also, not Geo's or GCr's or Geo-cachers. Cachers is actually what I prefer, but if you must add the "geo" part, do it as one word. Geocachers. And that's what we are.

Now, if the question was, what are we to muggles, that would be a whole different answer.

The weird guy in the bushes...

Also - depending on your locality and standards in use Geocachers can be known as the following over the police radio waves:

10-60 (Suspicious Person)

10-14 (Suspicious Person)

10-64 (Mental Patient)

10-85 (Stroke Patient) Usually after a DNF

10-63 (Asthma Attack) after a 5 terrain

And - if you are looking really suspicous while hunting that playground cache, you might even be:

10-29 (Check for wanted)

or heaven forbid go Signal 41 (to Jail)

Does anyone know where the term muggles derived from? Harry Potter?

I've always known muggles to be a Louis Armstrong song - in reference to cannabis.

Muggle (disambiguation)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Muggles)

Muggle or muggles refer to a variety of different things:

• "Muggle" as the name of the antagonist in Lewis Carroll's 1854 short story "Wilhelm von Schmitz"

• "Muggles" as a slang term for marijuana in the 1920s and 1930s, associated with the jazz scene

• "Muggles" (recording), a 1928 recording by Louis Armstrong and His Orchestra, derived from the above cannabis usage

• "Muggles" used in a 1946 book Raggedy Ann in the Snow White Castle

• "Muggles", a character from Carol Kendall's first Minnipins novel The Gammage Cup (1959)

• "Muggle" is used in the 1958 movie, The Horse's Mouth by Alec Guinness, to mean an ordinary person vs nobility

• "Muggle-Wumps", a family of monkeys in "The Twits", a novel by Roald Dahl first published in 1980

• "Muggles", a race in "RAH" (later retitled "The Legend of Rah and the Muggles"), a 1984 book by Nancy Stouffer

• "Muggle," a person without magical abilities in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter fantasy books and films. Later adopted by various subcultures to identify those outside their group or lacking in a skill

• "Muggle" is a term used in geocaching to describe non-geocachers.

• "Mr. Muggles", the pet pomeranian of the Bennet family in the NBC drama, Heroes

Any one know?

To muggles we are weirdoes, over there in the bushes, along a bike trail, near a college, just after dark, disheveled, muttering vague phrases (clues and hints from the cache page and logs). We look up, there is eye contact with a young co-ed walking by. Amazing that she doesn't raise a hue-and-cry and draw a large crowd.

That's who some of us are to muggles.

There is no such thing as "muggles". Everyone is a cacher, but some just don't realize it because they haven't found what they are looking for.

And you can tell that they already have geocaching blood running through their veins, although unknowingly, because when you ask them if they ever heard of geocaching, they reply exactly as they are supposed to according to geocaching rules and say:

Geo-What?

There is no such thing as "muggles". Everyone is a cacher, but some just don't realize it because they haven't found what they are looking for.

Oh man, there goes another fine tradition down the drain. Now when someone is along for their first geocache experience and a cache is found... just what the heck are we going to exclaim that takes the place of "now you are no longer a muggle?"

GeoCachers!

The weird guy in the bushes...

1557.jpg

WHAT I AM

I am a Geocacher, for life.

I will always be a Geocacher.

It’s not something I do, it is who I am.

Geocaching is not an escape.

It is where I belong, where I am supposed to be.

It is not a place, but a lifelong journey.

It is a passage my father showed me, and that I will show others.

When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will cache together.

took some liberties with a Fisherman poem. :)