Baby Earth Turtle

tsunrisebey

This has been very tough for, being out of town in an area with only limited cell coverage and no Internet. I have a very rough one made and up on my flicker (fluteface) account in my Geocoins set. I'd be ever so grateful if somebody could grab the URL and post it here for me. I sure wish it looked better, but something is better than nothing! :-) I'm loving the few I've managed to see.

Thanks so much for putting that up for me! I couldn't even get to the pic for the URL after I managed to upload it. Gosh, I wonder what my favorite color is? ;-)

Thanks, tsun, for the fun and the technical/gadget challenge.

Oh, and I should mention that the pink Pantone number may need adjustment. It was hard to grab it accurately w/o my Pantone swatches w/ me, but who brings those on vacation? :-)

Edited by FluteFace

Okay, I gotta say something... ATmouse, we are only allowed to post ONE design. I think I have counted 4 from you. That's really NOT fair.

Well...I don't want to do the cointest...I just wanted to play.

:blink:

Maybe that wasn't a good idea, after all.

B)

I apologize to anyone I've offended.

Want me to pull the designs? All I have to do is break the links on photobucket. :mad:

Adressing ATMouse's problem: I love seeing them all, but AtlantaGal is right. My suggestion is that you temporarily break the links on three until tsun has made her difficult decisions. After that, put them back up 'cause they're wonderful. They other thing that comes to my mind is there might be somebody who wants to use similar colors, but won't with all of yours up there. (That seems a bit unlikely to me, but you never know.)

Adressing ATMouse's problem: I love seeing them all, but AtlantaGal is right. My suggestion is that you temporarily break the links on three until tsun has made her difficult decisions. After that, put them back up 'cause they're wonderful. They other thing that comes to my mind is there might be somebody who wants to use similar colors, but won't with all of yours up there. (That seems a bit unlikely to me, but you never know.)

Never thought of that - will do!

Thanks!

(I was just having too much fun! :blink:)

And I'll break them all ...

Edited by ATMouse

Never thought of that - will do!

Thanks!

(I was just having too much fun! :blink:)

I know what you mean! I have 6 of them colored! LOL

Ok!!! :blink: with the great help of my friend anne.and.elli, here is my design!

Sorry, I have no idea about colors! anne showed me the colors, but... in some of them I really do not see the difference!!!

The red is glitter!

the dark blue (where the moon is) now that I am thinking, would be nice to be in glitter, but the small one...

The Sun and the moon to glow! I hoped that if the small rays of the sun were glow green and the big rays yellow glow, it would be great, but I do not know if you will see the difference! If not and if that is not possible, I would like the small rays to be in red glitter too!

the metal of the coin to be gold, and all the other parts, the dots, the eyes...

I choosed the light blue for the part the sun is, to represent the day and the dark blue of the moon part, to represent the night!

gatocoin.jpg

Now... I would like to mention again the great help of anne, and if I have any chances of winning, to share that credit with her, and the coin to be named with the names of both! :mad: Of course we will share the winning coins too my friend! B)

There are great designs here, so my dear Tsun... you are on trouble!!! :D Of course, the "headacke" to choose the winner will be sweet! :grin:

Good luck to all! :D

Unfortunately I am at the cottage on my dad's laptop (actually, it's not really unfortunately, I'm having a great relaxing time!) so I can't join the fun. Why is it that I have trouble with Paint but my complicated image editing software is so easy?? lol! And my pantone chart is at home too...

BUT, I have loved looking at all the entries and I have to say that anne.and.eli's is my favourite and I do like E&CPlus3's as well.

Good luck to everyone...I look forward to watching this thread!

Great idea Steph!

:blink:

Okay, now that this is closed I can quit obsessing and trying to get it to seem right when I don't know what I am doing. I wanted the underside to look like the underside of a sea turtle, you know, lighter, camoflauge looking at the sky kinda thing and a glowing moon and I just couldn't make it happen. So here is the "top" of the turtle, just for grins...

664dfe05-12da-495b-bd61-c6db7b007b99.jpg

Let me say this, this isn't about winners and losers, it really isn't even a cointest.

I have narrowed it down to 10 submissions and I need to get it down to 4 or 5. The submissions that are chosen will be going to GCF to be sold there :laughing:

However since this is a coin that I plan to keep in stock, others will see their submissions come to fruition. I may even open these up to the equivalent of a "group" project, you choose your colors/metal kinda thing and you have to order a certain amount. I'm not ready to contmplate that until GCF is over and I can decompress.

I will announce the GCF designs within the next 1/2 hour to 45 minutes :cool:

Stay tuned!

Let me say this, this isn't about winners and losers, it really isn't even a cointest.

I have narrowed it down to 10 submissions and I need to get it down to 4 or 5. The submissions that are chosen will be going to GCF to be sold there :laughing:

However since this is a coin that I plan to keep in stock, others will see their submissions come to fruition. I may even open these up to the equivalent of a "group" project, you choose your colors/metal kinda thing and you have to order a certain amount. I'm not ready to contmplate that until GCF is over and I can decompress.

I will announce the GCF designs within the next 1/2 hour to 45 minutes :cool:

Stay tuned!

Well I was going to post the You Tube video to announce the winners but it's taking over a half hour just to download 2 minutes worth of video for some reason. Must be a busy night for downloading. So instead of dragging this out any longer....

(I will post the You Tube link when it finishes up so you can see how I drew the numbers)

I picked 10 posts that had artwork I really liked. I wrote the numbers down on sheets of paper and turned them over. (I did this on video) I crumpled each one up and put it in a bowl, then drew out 4 pieces of paper. I still have no idea whose they are since I haven't looked yet.

I did choose one post outright because I had planned to do a version in these colors anyhow so post #82 had an automatic "in".

Here are the remaining submissions going to GCF!

Post #33

Post #29

Post #25

Post #102

I will be in touch with you all to work out any issues and then the designs will go in this week to the factory. Congratulations to all of you and we'll do more in the future :cool: Lots of nice color schemes!

tsun

Well I was going to post the You Tube video to announce the winners but it's taking over a half hour just to download 2 minutes worth of video for some reason. Must be a busy night for downloading. So instead of dragging this out any longer....

(I will post the You Tube link when it finishes up so you can see how I drew the numbers)

I picked 10 posts that had artwork I really liked. I wrote the numbers down on sheets of paper and turned them over. (I did this on video) I crumpled each one up and put it in a bowl, then drew out 4 pieces of paper. I still have no idea whose they are since I haven't looked yet.

I did choose one post outright because I had planned to do a version in these colors anyhow so post #82 had an automatic "in".

Here are the remaining submissions going to GCF!

Post #33

Post #29

Post #25

Post #102

I will be in touch with you all to work out any issues and then the designs will go in this week to the factory. Congratulations to all of you and we'll do more in the future :cool: Lots of nice color schemes!

tsun

woo hoo Thanks for picking mine and congrates to every one else

Thanks for a great cointest and I can't wait to see the winning designs at GCF!

Make sure you come see me, I want to give you a coin for helping people by putting out new templates :laughing: You'll probably have to tell me what you did and remind me because I'm sure things may get busy and crazy and I won't put 2 and 2 together unless you tell me. Don't be shy either.

tsun :cool:

Thanks for a great cointest and I can't wait to see the winning designs at GCF!

Make sure you come see me, I want to give you a coin for helping people by putting out new templates :laughing: You'll probably have to tell me what you did and remind me because I'm sure things may get busy and crazy and I won't put 2 and 2 together unless you tell me. Don't be shy either.

tsun :cool:

Ooooh, I was planning to hunt you down (I have orders to get kokopellis and I wanted to see the armadillo coin and all the other pretties!) but now I have even more reason to! Thanks so much! :D