Baby Earth Turtle

tsunrisebey

@tsun:

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the Baby ET process. It is a lot of fun.

@anne.and.eli:

Thanks again for the great templates.

@sunsetmeadowlark:

I'm very glad to see my design is your favorite and I hope you will get one.

@all:

Congrates to all other artists, I hope to see all turtle designs get done sometime. :cool:

Edited by Methospedia

Congrats to the winners. Cool to have your own Tsun turtle namesake. Any chance we might find out what the 5 undrawn numbers were?

Nope because there will be more chances after GCF to have turtle colors minted, so I'll porbably use those later but I hate to be tied down to anything :laughing:

(actually the others were all blank and i just got lucky by pulling all 4 numbers the first try :cool: )

I responded to ATMouse in email, but if anyone else is interested, I created the template using Illustrator.

It's a vector-based program (all the graphics you see on the screen are stored as mathematical equations, so no matter what size you change it to, the lines stay smooth, and don't get jaggy) and I changed the size around and then exported it as a gif.

Gif and jpg are file formats that are raster-based, which means every pixel (block of color) is represented by the color it is. So when you resize you are adding or removing pixels, and the program has to figure out how to change the image based on the missing or added areas. This is how you get jaggies and weird artifacts.

Sorry if that's overly technical! Basically, illustrator is perfect for such things. It's not terribly intuitive to learn, but once you do it's an extremely powerful tool!

I responded to ATMouse in email, but if anyone else is interested, I created the template using Illustrator.

It's a vector-based program (all the graphics you see on the screen are stored as mathematical equations, so no matter what size you change it to, the lines stay smooth, and don't get jaggy) and I changed the size around and then exported it as a gif.

Gif and jpg are file formats that are raster-based, which means every pixel (block of color) is represented by the color it is. So when you resize you are adding or removing pixels, and the program has to figure out how to change the image based on the missing or added areas. This is how you get jaggies and weird artifacts.

Sorry if that's overly technical! Basically, illustrator is perfect for such things. It's not terribly intuitive to learn, but once you do it's an extremely powerful tool!

Well, thanks from me for doing it.......I could at least color it in - even if I couldn't make my image bigger. I am about 10 years short of the learning curve on some of this computer stuff. But I love being able to at least dabble in it.

Hey Tsun just wondering if the designs have gone to the mint yet. sorry I'm just curious

JD

No.... I'm a weebit buried in GCF coin stuff and and an upcoming sale. Plus regular job kinda getsinmy way along with $$$$. Gotta spread it all out ya know. These will be ready in time for GCF. I'll post updates but for now you are going to have to be very patient :(

Ok, now that I've come out of geocoin hiatus, I will be working on these and have them done within the next 6 months.

These coins will be an "in stock" item at the store (like the cache hoppers although I have yet actually keep them stocked, lol).

I anticipate working on these in March 2010, so I'll post when I'm officially getting these ready.

Thanks for your patience to those who submitted colors :)

tsun

Ok, now that I've come out of geocoin hiatus, I will be working on these and have them done within the next 6 months.

These coins will be an "in stock" item at the store (like the cache hoppers although I have yet actually keep them stocked, lol).

I anticipate working on these in March 2010, so I'll post when I'm officially getting these ready.

Thanks for your patience to those who submitted colors :)

tsun

Hello tsun, I'back :D

I've been so busy with stuff with our online shopping that i neglected a lot of topics including yours :huh:

I'll be a litle more present from now on. And, as always, thanks for your great designs...

Paulo

Hahah hahahaha :):D:huh::anicute: haha haha

Forgive me for laughing, but I don't think you'll ever be able to have an "in stock" item! Not with your eager and loyal buyers!

Not that thats a bad thing :blink: I just wish I could get my hands on them! But I seem to miss every sale lately!

I look forward to the baby earth turtles :D

just wondering what the status on this coin

I haven't done anything with it yet. I know you want me to get moving on this however my work life has been crazy and it's been over 6 months since I've even put out a new design. My free time has been nil for months. It's on my 'to do' list along with about 6 other coins :P I'm sorry I can't move quick enough but I'm just taking it easy this year and doing things as I can :wub: If it makes any difference, I purchased 500 codes a long time ago so I'm not going to let them go to waste :blink:

tsun

I hate it when life gets in the way! But we all do understand, TSun. And we know that you wouldn't put out a coin until you had time to put your whole heart into it! That's just you!

So, go ahead, take care of life. We can wait (not patiently, but we can wait!)

How is school going? How are the puppies!!??

Take Care!!

Edited by The Amigos