eatstayplay.com geocoin

goosefraba1

I hope the eatstayplay people have backed off on this. Personally I am tired of findind caches with a large number of these cheap colored coins in them. Some caches have 10+ of these things in them and I do not think it should be allowed. As much as I have been tempted to throw these cheap coins away I have let them be.

I hope the eatstayplay people have backed off on this. Personally I am tired of findind caches with a large number of these cheap colored coins in them. Some caches have 10+ of these things in them and I do not think it should be allowed. As much as I have been tempted to throw these cheap coins away I have let them be.

Are you finding the geocoins? Or the tokens? There is a difference. The tokens were placed without Groundspeak approval. The geocoins were made with permission, and are not plastic. You can take out the tokens if you feel like it. Geocachers may have paid for the geocoins, but not the tokens.

The site itself, if anyone was paying attention, does not condone this. Meaning that ESP.com does not condone mass quantities of the tokens in any one cache. The token placements aren't even supposed to count towards a participants total if there's more than 5 in any one cache at a time. This rule was put into place in an attempt to prevent feelings like yours.

Like Eartha said above, you can remove the tokens from your cache, and no harm no foul as far as Groundspeak is concerned. I just can't believe such a big deal about this has been made.

Like Eartha said above, you can remove the tokens from your cache, and no harm no foul as far as Groundspeak is concerned. I just can't believe such a big deal about this has been made.

Welcome to the geocoin forum. It is great to meet so many new folks through this thread. What Eartha actually said was "The tokens were placed without Groundspeak approval." That is a definite foul and no amount of spin doctoring will compensate for the perception that these plastic tokens are akin to junk mail.

Welcome to the geocoin forum. It is great to meet so many new folks through this thread. What Eartha actually said was "The tokens were placed without Groundspeak approval." That is a definite foul and no amount of spin doctoring will compensate for the perception that these plastic tokens are akin to junk mail.

I'm not new, I just choose when to speak and when not to. New to you, perhaps, so it is a pleasure to meet you.

You can take out the tokens if you feel like it.

Sure looks to me like Eartha said exactly what I said he (or she, sorry, uncertain) said above... if not junk mail, what are they akin to?

I'm not new, I just choose when to speak and when not to. New to you, perhaps, so it is a pleasure to meet you.

You can take out the tokens if you feel like it.

Sure looks to me like Eartha said exactly what I said he (or she, sorry, uncertain) said above... if not junk mail, what are they akin to?

Editing this to add that I think I see where our misunderstanding lies. You thought I was speaking of the "no harm no foul" from Groundspeaks shoes, when in fact I was speaking from the cache owners shoes. The cache owners can remove the tokens, and there is no harm no foul as far as Groundspeak is concerned with the cache owner. Not the ESP people. Right? Or am I still misunderstanding?

Don't worry about the double posting, that happens when everyone is on this site at once. Thanks for the clarification about your comment. I am sure you are right and that Groundspeak would be happy with cache owners engaging in a bit of CITO. You got me thinking with your riddle that if ESP tokens are "not junk mail, what are they akin to?". Supermarket shopping bags comes to mind. You know the ones that foul up the environment, strangle dolphins, etc :)