Rainy day "Geocaching"

My son has invented a game of indoor caching. :anibad: It's rather like the treasure hunting games I'd play with my sister when we were kids. We'll draw up a rough map of the house and he'll fill up one of his bags or boxes with toys and ask me to hide it. Then I put an X on the map where I put the "cache" and he finds it. Then he looses the map while he's placing the cache for me to find. B) I find it, and then hide it for him. It's great fun for the younger ones on a rainy day!

I play that game myself all the time. Of course I use more grown up items to hide. Such as my keys and the remote and my neighbors tools. Swizzle

And cell phone, wallet, MY tools....

My glasses, the diaper bag, anything I've removed from my spice rack in the past week.

And the neighbor's cat.

My son has invented a game of indoor caching. :anibad: It's rather like the treasure hunting games I'd play with my sister when we were kids. We'll draw up a rough map of the house and he'll fill up one of his bags or boxes with toys and ask me to hide it. Then I put an X on the map where I put the "cache" and he finds it. Then he looses the map while he's placing the cache for me to find. B) I find it, and then hide it for him. It's great fun for the younger ones on a rainy day!

Our jr. explorer loves taking the metal dectector out to the yard to search for 'treasures.' Unfortunately, all she finds is old, rusty nails.

I loved the post and the replies :anibad: I need to start thinking about instead of swearing and tossing things around that I'm geocaching and looking for those keys... I should CITO and also try to leave the natural environment undamaged. Thanks all for some good grins! B)

Our jr. explorer loves taking the metal dectector out to the yard to search for 'treasures.' Unfortunately, all she finds is old, rusty nails.

Maybe you need to bury something cool for her to find on one of her expeditions (of course do it without her knowing it!).

Great idea... thanks! :D