Gardengorilla Goes Bush

gardengorilla

The Landsharkz Version is BRUSHED NICKEL. I did type 'black' in the middle once but thought I'd caught that and edited it out. It looks like Antique Silver in every way shape and form.

OT ... is the brushed nickel cheaper to produce than antique silver? Just curious.

Back on topic and edited to add: Great Job GG..... I couldn't just order one NA version (2 was plenty) and now I'm eager to try to get an Aussie version or two. Curious minds would love to know your intentions.

Droo, to know for sure, I'd have to get a quote on the same coin in both finishes. The way this coin is produced it was less expensive to make in brushed nickel rather than antique silver, but we had no intention of it looking like this - it was a pleasant surprise. I would never order brushed nickel to make a less expensive antique silver for a client until I had tried it on that specific design as a sample first. We 'winged it' using brushed nickel on Garden Gorilla's coins because we wanted a surprise and felt the design could handle it. I guess we're getting 'cocky' after all these years ;) and it sure paid off.

LS200925_IMG_3261_full.JPG

Heidi did a fabulous job of the girl gorilla art - we adore those luscious gorilla lips! LOL!

Sales of the Landsharkz version have been brisk and Robyn was packing mountains of orders today. I think there are about 1/3 of them remaining.

008-3-1.jpgcopper

two tone 019-1.jpg021-3-1-1.jpg

016-3-2.jpg Polished Silver017-1.jpg

011-2-1.jpg005-2-1.jpgBN

I was right, the sun did come out and I was able to get some ok photos. I get to volunteer on a school outing to the science centre today so I will post sale details later tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers!

So after some well needed rest after the science centre....SALE IS ON!!

Prices are in US dollars and shipping is international @ $4.00, $0.50 for additional coins.

CACHING NAME:__________________________

NAME:___________________________________

CACHER ADDRESS:_______________________

PAYPAL ADDRESS:_______________________

_____Black Nickel ($10.00)

_____Polished Silver ($10.00)

_____Copper ($10.50)

Two tone Black Nickel and Polished Nickel special trade only!

Please use the above form and send requests to:

gardengorilla@rocketmail.com

Hi Gardengorilla,

Congrats on your new personal coin! I always liked dream art, and love to see this on a coin!!

And the Gorilla looks amazing :-)))

The copper and brushed nickel are my favourites, but they all look good.

Sent an e-mail with my order right away!

Li-Z

I can't wait to see it in person! I am a big fan of both the copper and the black nickel. Just noticed that the two-toned aborigine man is red instead of black like the others. They are all very nice though.

LOL, me too! I didn't see any samples so it was a surprise when I opened the package.

Many of you may have noticed goosefraba1 was the closer guess in my cointest...or not! It certainly slipped by me. So I have awarded two prized coins for closest guess to delivery date/weight. One to Just a Trifle and one to goosefraba1. Congratulations!

I can't wait to see it in person! I am a big fan of both the copper and the black nickel. Just noticed that the two-toned aborigine man is red instead of black like the others. They are all very nice though.

LOL, me too! I didn't see any samples so it was a surprise when I opened the package.

Many of you may have noticed goosefraba1 was the closer guess in my cointest...or not! It certainly slipped by me. So I have awarded two prized coins for closest guess to delivery date/weight. One to Just a Trifle and one to goosefraba1. Congratulations!

I can't wait for it to get here! I will definitely do the happy dance. ;)

Hello Gardengorilla,

My Son and Daughter saw your coin in another thread we were trying to identify each item,

On the front ther is you, a Kola, and a Kangroo.

On the back we have the Aborigine, snake, starfish, spider, and after more reading we no know ticks,

what are the tracks?

Are the dots the ticks are following there path?

What are the larger dots?

Great coin, be proud.

Hi Finding Irish 4..

I'll start with the wavy lines that ring the edge. Wavy lines are meant to represent water, usually flowing like a river. We enjoy the river and the ocean here in Perth. We've found out in summer, streams and waterfalls dry up and your personal consumption can sometimes double on a hike.

The spider is a redback. A common poisonous spider to look out for on the caching trail. I read a log once about a cacher turning a cache over and finding a nest of baby redbacks...thank goodness it wasn't me but we do have them in our yard.

The person is a cacher with GPS and walking stick. The figure is used in dreamtime art.

The serpent is a dreamtime serpent which is also found on Ellendal's Australia geocoin. It is a prominent figure in Aboriginal Dreamtime.

The ticks...well we went on a great cache hunt to find a cave in the bush. There was no path to the cave so we bushbashed through to it and probably ended up going through a couple of tick nests. Our first tick experience..not pleasant as they were tiny, less than 0.5mm so about the size of the actual tick tracks on the coin. We had 20-30 on each of us and didn't find them until hours later! Thankfully these ticks do not carry any disease.

While out caching in the bush, we often encounter cockatoos and parrots. Our favorite so far is when we hear the laughing kookaburra. We still love them!

The small animal tracks could be any number of small australian mammals. Numbats, possums, echidnas,etc. We haven't seen any yet and I can't wait to see one, especially an echidna!

Finally the center object is not a starfish but the hot Australian sun. And during the summer it is HOT! One thing I never expected was slowing down caching in the summer. Sometimes it is too hot and a trip to the beach (home by 1pm) is in order!

Thanks for asking, I hope this explanation answers your question. :unsure:

Edit: Just in case you were wondering about the name of the coin, 'Going Bush' in Australia means going on a hike...heading out into the wilderness....etc.

Edited by gardengorilla

Hi Finding Irish 4..

I'll start with the wavy lines that ring the edge. Wavy lines are meant to represent water, usually flowing like a river. We enjoy the river and the ocean here in Perth. We've found out in summer, streams and waterfalls dry up and your personal consumption can sometimes double on a hike.

The spider is a redback. A common poisonous spider to look out for on the caching trail. I read a log once about a cacher turning a cache over and finding a nest of baby redbacks...thank goodness it wasn't me but we do have them in our yard.

The person is a cacher with GPS and walking stick. The figure is used in dreamtime art.

The serpent is a dreamtime serpent which is also found on Ellendal's Australia geocoin. It is a prominent figure in Aboriginal Dreamtime.

The ticks...well we went on a great cache hunt to find a cave in the bush. There was no path to the cave so we bushbashed through to it and probably ended up going through a couple of tick nests. Our first tick experience..not pleasant as they were tiny, less than 0.5mm so about the size of the actual tick tracks on the coin. We had 20-30 on each of us and didn't find them until hours later! Thankfully these ticks do not carry any disease.

While out caching in the bush, we often encounter cockatoos and parrots. Our favorite so far is when we hear the laughing kookaburra. We still love them!

The small animal tracks could be any number of small australian mammals. Numbats, possums, echidnas,etc. We haven't seen any yet and I can't wait to see one, especially an echidna!

Finally the center object is not a starfish but the hot Australian sun. And during the summer it is HOT! One thing I never expected was slowing down caching in the summer. Sometimes it is too hot and a trip to the beach (home by 1pm) is in order!

Thanks for asking, I hope this explanation answers your question. :unsure:

Edit: Just in case you were wondering about the name of the coin, 'Going Bush' in Australia means going on a hike...heading out into the wilderness....etc.

i love reading about the whys of a personal coin. your explanations and stories are fascinating. thanks for sharing them with us. i love australian art so i really love this coin :blink:

Hi Finding Irish 4..

Thanks for asking, I hope this explanation answers your question. :blink:

Thank you for the explaination

I saw this coin when Gardengorilla had the preview pics up from the mint. Between the time of the pics and the sell of the actual coin I lost this thread, and then life and geocaching got in the way of the forums for a tiny moment. :blink: Well I participated in the birthday mission this year, and when I opened my package ... this coin was inside. I ended up laughing until my sides hurt, and could not explain to the family why this coin was so funny! (I had just rediscovered this thread and had been working my geocoin budget trying to work this one in. :huh:) It is truly a beautiful coin, and I am can now say I have the honor of owning this coin! Thanks to Gardengorilla for creating this mini work of art and to fuzziebear3 for sharing it with me!

I just returned from a vacation and found one of these waiting for me. Thank you so much Gardengorilla.

I`ve so busy with work, getting ready for and the vacation with very slow limited internet access, 6 month old twin granddaughters, that I havent been following the coin forums to much. This was such a nice surprise, I had never even seen the thread on them.

Thank you so much again.

I found one of these in a cache today in NB Canada, very nice coin. It's not activated yet and there isn't a note saying anyone dropped it off...I hope someone was really nice and dropped one in a cache as a gift, it would fit nicely in my collection.

Edited by bassmig
Hi do you still have any coins left to sell i was slow reading the forums

Labrador Wild man

Yes, I still do. Use the info in Post #103 to order :)

Incidentally, today I saw my coin listed in a new multi cache here in Perth. It was kinda funny as I didn't recognize my own icon right away....but it is neat, kinda like hearing your own song on the radio :)