Suggestions / Requests

ghostgum

There are three points I'd like to suggest:

1. It would be nice if I could show on the Geocaching Home > My Profile > My Owned Items page the found date for a specific user, for a quick check, which caches (and when) of mine a specific user already visited.

Could you add a textbox to enter a user name and a "get visited info for this user" button?

2. There are a lot of Micros which are Nanos. The Nano size should be a new category in size choice.

3. It would be nice if the URL of search for the latest contains the country and the region for bookmarking. I always have to select the region. Or is there already a way for bookmarking a predefined search?

Thanks for your good job up to now!!

Regards

ghostgum

For number 2, take a ready on some of these threads (you can see it's a pretty hot topic).

For Switzerland unfortunately it looks like the site doesn't do the county searches any more.

This page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?country_id=192

Should have brought up Switzerland, but it brings a page to get to your search, not the search results.

The other suggestion as a work-around is to do a proximity search for your area, not just a geographical search. I presume that since your first cache was placed N 46° 56.239 E 007° 29.121, it's likely that you're in that area. You can book mark this page which uses GC11KR0 as a center point.

@Markwell

Broken Link for number 2 thread.

Solution for Number 3:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...mp;state_id=yxz

so by adding the state_id parameter it works. How to find out the id? Just check the page source where the scelect tag is for the state choice.

A very useful feature would be number 1. Does someone read this here or where can I post suggestions?

Edited by ghostgum

2. There are a lot of Micros which are Nanos. The Nano size should be a new category in size choice.

Regards

ghostgum

Those that run this site have spoken against the nano category, "There is no need for a nano type. As mentioned above the Micro type includes nanos. It also includes picos. even the atto (10 to the -18) would be covered by Micro. At some point there has to be a cap on types. The Micro was a good point to stop. "

Add another cache size to selection

Feature request: Nano cache size, Smaller than micro

Nano Caches why is there not a new size on the website for nano sized caches

Feature Request: Nano size option Discussion on adding nano to the size options for listing

Nano cache category

Enhancement Request - New Cache Size NANO

1. It would be nice if I could show on the Geocaching Home > My Profile > My Owned Items page the found date for a specific user, for a quick check, which caches (and when) of mine a specific user already visited.

Could you add a textbox to enter a user name and a "get visited info for this user" button?

Regards

ghostgum

Thanks. So just point one is open. Any comments on this?

Regards

ghostgum

Thanks. So just point one is open. Any comments on this?

Regards

ghostgum

I do not see the need for this feature. If I want to find out when they visited one of my caches, or anybody else's, I just click "View them all on one page" and then do a text search on tha page for whatever user I am looking for. Probably just about as many actions to do the same thing without any coding on the back end of the website.

As a user I would say don't need it, and there are more important things that I would like to see.

MYater