Oregon 2.99+ generic map .img file names

Eagle93

I'm currently running 3.10 on my Oregon 400t and today loaded up the 24K Topo maps for MN onto my device. I also have CityNavigator, the US TOPO 2008 maps and the US State and County borders maps loaded onto my device with specific file names for each map.

In Automotive mode I see my CN maps as I would expect. However when in Recreational or Geocaching mode when I want to see my 24K TOPO maps I'm seeing the US TOPO 2008 data along with CN points (businesses, etc.). I'm not seeing any of the 24K topo lines.

I've tried disabling US TOPOP 2008, but the 24K maps still don't display... any suggestions?

I'm currently running 3.10 on my Oregon 400t and today loaded up the 24K Topo maps for MN onto my device. I also have CityNavigator, the US TOPO 2008 maps and the US State and County borders maps loaded onto my device with specific file names for each map.

In Automotive mode I see my CN maps as I would expect. However when in Recreational or Geocaching mode when I want to see my 24K TOPO maps I'm seeing the US TOPO 2008 data along with CN points (businesses, etc.). I'm not seeing any of the 24K topo lines.

I've tried disabling US TOPOP 2008, but the 24K maps still don't display... any suggestions?

I would check a few things. Of course Mr. Obvious would suggest checking the path where the IMG files are saved. Should be X:\GARMIN (where X is the drive letter of your Garmin device or microSD card). Just to be sure.

Then take a look at the file names. I would suggest keeping the names short with no spaces in them to avoid any potential problems with the system recognizing them. In other words - if the file is 24K Topo.IMG, try changing it to 24KTopo.IMG and get rid of the space. It's a shot in the dark - but work looking in to. I'm pretty sure that the length of the file name wouldn't be an issue, but you could also shorten the file name to the 8.3 format to ensure long file names are causing the problem.

Good luck,

Try creating a new profile and calling it "Topo" or something like that, and again - disable all the other maps.

I had the same problem with TopoCanada v4 and it did the trick. Then once that new profile fixed the problem, it was corrected somehow in my "recreational" profile.

Try creating a new profile and calling it "Topo" or something like that, and again - disable all the other maps.

I had the same problem with TopoCanada v4 and it did the trick. Then once that new profile fixed the problem, it was corrected somehow in my "recreational" profile.

Ah wow, I was a few hours behind on that one. I shouldn't read forums and eat dinner at the same time.