Todie's Wild Ride: Todie Rides Again

Rockin Roddy

Last year's Todie's Wild Ride resulted in over 700 coins being released into the wild, many are still raising bike awareness and hopefully will for years to come! The release was a HUGE success, many people have logged that our message has opened their eyes or changed their driving/riding habits or even saved a life or two...WOW! This is exactly the results I had hoped for, well done all! However, in order to keep the message going, in order to continue to reach drivers and riders, why not have another race??

Now I know, the last "race" turned out to be an endless release with a drawing at the end resulting in 20+ winners, we won't follow that path again. This time, there is an entry deadline and this IS a race! The coins will compete for a few catagories which I will announce shortly, but YES, total mileage will be the TOP PRIZE WINNER! ALSO, this thread will NOT host any cointests, we might host one now and again in the still running Todie's Wild Ride thread which will be used to release more coins after the deadline is reached here (NOTE: any coin added AFTER the official deadline of THIS RACE will NOT count in this race, they are merely travelers in the Todie's Wild Ride bike awareness mission)

The rules are the same as last year's, all must be named "Todie's Wild Ride II: (personalized part here)" and all must have a bike awareness message. Remember that we are talking ALL forms of bikes here, motorized or not. Enter as many coins as you wish, the more the better! I will gather up a stockpile of coins to be used as prizes all year, but I already have a few including a 2007 LACKEY coin and an AE Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom personal...maybe a few more too?? :D :D

Here's the official rules:

Rules:

1) I make the rules, I have final say. It's my ball and...wait, different argument lol!!

2) Coins MUST have their mission mainly to raise awareness of bikes on the road. If you need a suggestion of how to word it, email me and I'll help you! Your coin can be personalized especially if you know someone this strikes close to, but bike awareness MUST be the main message!

3) Coins MUST be titled "Todie's Wild Ride II:" you can personalize after the :, but the quote MUST be first in the title. This is so I will be able to track the coins easier!

4) Coins MUST be newly released between NOW and Sept 30!! The race starts AS SOON as you drop the coin in a cache! There are coins already released into this race, NO COIN was started before July 12th 2009 though!

5) Coins MUST be dropped into a cache to be entered into the race. NO POCKET COINS! Coins must travel or will not be allowed. Any coin deemed not placed in a cache will be removed from person's coin count and disqualified!

6) Coins MUST be posted here upon release so I can watch them travel, I will put all coins on watchlist! Coins MUST be posted here before 10pm Sept 30th (eastern standard time...or my time), any coin NOT listed on time will be disqualified. NO coin can be listed until it is successfully dropped into a cache, so waiting until the last minute is NOT in your best interest! <_<

I reserve the right to add rules as we need them.

Refer to Todie's Wild Ride for the release/recruit cointest going until Sept 12th...already in progress but open to ALL. THESE NEW RELEASE coins are the ones already qualified for this race (as noted in rule #4)

There will be no distracting contests in this thread, this thread is for tracking and commenting on the race ONLY! We will host cointests in the original TWR thread, so please visit there often too!! :D

AGAIN, this is a RACE!!! Get your coins ready to travel!

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Am I the first one?? WooHoo!!

TB311R5

Todie's Wild Ride II: Look, there are Bikes Everywhere

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2390944

:anitongue: Technically, yes! I will import the coins already in the race very soon!

And yes, PLEASE rename any new released coins from the original thread to Todie's Wild Ride II:

There is something like 58 coins if my count is correct.

Am I the first one?? WooHoo!!

TB311R5

Todie's Wild Ride II: Look, there are Bikes Everywhere

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2390944

:anitongue: Technically, yes! I will import the coins already in the race very soon!

And yes, PLEASE rename any new released coins from the original thread to Todie's Wild Ride II:

There is something like 58 coins if my count is correct.

Since TB2C4VH hasn't been released yet, may I enter it into this race? :laughing:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1798081

-Anne

I am a very bad person. :anitongue: I know I need to get this and a few other coins moving, I just can't seem to get with Sally. I give ALL coins I start to Sally so she can make the travel papers and such before she moves it on to other cachers. I HOPE to meet up with Sally tomorrow or so, but PROMISE to get it and a bunch of oters to her before I leave on vacation (Wednesday), I PROMISE!!!

And yes, this one can count since it hasn't yet traveled at all, totally my fault I might add. :laughing:

Not sure if the date can be modified or not, but no worries, this one will count!!

Since TB2C4VH hasn't been released yet, may I enter it into this race? :laughing:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1798081

-Anne

I am a very bad person. :anitongue: I know I need to get this and a few other coins moving, I just can't seem to get with Sally. I give ALL coins I start to Sally so she can make the travel papers and such before she moves it on to other cachers. I HOPE to meet up with Sally tomorrow or so, but PROMISE to get it and a bunch of oters to her before I leave on vacation (Wednesday), I PROMISE!!!

And yes, this one can count since it hasn't yet traveled at all, totally my fault I might add. :laughing:

Not sure if the date can be modified or not, but no worries, this one will count!!

I think you might be able to reset the activation if you still have the code? Just start from the beginning again

After waiting for an answer, I posted the thread and viola, they answer! Guess this one is a no-go since w're being seen as promoting bike awareness....so I hope potential participants will visit the original thread and join us for the second round!

Sad, truly sad...

Sorry.. I didn't understand.... this new thread will close?? :anitongue:

After waiting for an answer, I posted the thread and viola, they answer! Guess this one is a no-go since w're being seen as promoting bike awareness....so I hope potential participants will visit the original thread and join us for the second round!

Sad, truly sad...

Haha, maybe that's what we get for voicing an opinion against the Sea Shepherd coin? Maybe WE'RE terrorists??

Sad, truly sad...

Sorry.. I didn't understand.... this new thread will close?? :anitongue:

Seems so...and I'd expect soon too.

Sad, truly sad...

Haha, maybe that's what we get for voicing an opinion against the Sea Shepherd coin? Maybe WE'RE terrorists??

You couldn't be more wrong. If you really want to know what the delay has been, I am having a major plumbing disaster at home this week, and didn't have time to look at this thoroughly yet. You'll have to be patient with me. It has nothing to do with some other coin, don't be ridiculous! Sheesh! Hold your horses. I posted, because once the thread was posted, I had reports about it, so I posted a note while I looked into it. No decision has been made yet. There are three threads open for bike awareness. It's a very good cause. But these are the geocoin forums, and that's what we should be discussing. Bike awareness itself might be better off discussed in Off Topic, but there are coin races and cointests involved, and these both could be kept in the same thread. I want to make sure the community is being served properly. I don't have agendas, Robert. I'll get back to you all on this.

Sad, truly sad...

You couldn't be more wrong. If you really want to know what the delay has been, I am having a major plumbing disaster at home this week, and didn't have time to look at this thoroughly yet. You'll have to be patient with me. It has nothing to do with some other coin, don't be ridiculous! Sheesh! Hold your horses. I posted, because once the thread was posted, I had reports about it, so I posted a note while I looked into it. No decision has been made yet. There are three threads open for bike awareness. It's a very good cause. But these are the geocoin forums, and that's what we should be discussing. Bike awareness itself might be better off discussed in Off Topic, but there are coin races and cointests involved, and these both could be kept in the same thread. I want to make sure the community is being served properly. I don't have agendas, Robert. I'll get back to you all on this.

Eartha, my friend, I am certain Robert was jesting, no attack on you or anything....it was a funny comment which did bring a smile to my weary face! And believe me, I understand about life being in the way of fun, no worries there either. It is good to know this is being discussed though, as I said in my pm, I wouldn't have started the new thread, but I had no clue if my message asking permission had even been looked at.

It's sad, but we'll get on either way it's decided, we're not asking for special privileges. However, this IS a coin related thread which is intended to bring fun to the community while getting more coins in the wild....sounds like some don't appreciate our view of fun though? While it COULD be kept in the same thread, we truly wanted to get others involved and I have heard that some can't figure out up from down in the original thread (which, if left alive, would serve as a cointest thread used to send even more coins into the wild just like before while keeping track of all coins already released and future releases after the deadline for the new race is over), so we wanted a fresh start in a thread which would be for the nw race ONLY! Discussions of race matters, keeping track of the participating coins and keeping updated lists of all coins sill moving (we all know some get "lost" from time to time after all).

You say there's 3 bike awareness threads, YES, one is in the general section, one here and maybe one more...but the two we hope to keep alive here ARE coin related even if spreading bike awareness. The mission of the coins shouldn't be held against us, it's still a race! The two threads could be merged, but that's likely to stop any potential new participants from getting involved, which is the goal here, getting others involved in a RACE (and not just a release cointest as we've had in the original thread).

Again, no worries either way, I'm sure we'll get over it and, I would hate to upset those who aren't interested in a coin race! Hoping your plumbing problem isn't too bad, wish I were close enough to lend a hand in the matter! :anitongue:

Sad, truly sad...

I'm sorry Eartha, that was meant as a joke, not a challenge. I hope the plumbing troubles don't break the bank.

Just a comment on a new thread. When we first started reading and posting a few months ago it was very difficult to follow the Todie's Wild Ride with over 200+ pages. There may still be some cointests there that we don't completely understand (Whats up with the occassional posting of PAY ATTENTION!!!). A new thread that was just for a race only would probably be a good idea. I have seen a few other people write that it is somewhat hard to figure out that thread with all the post. Either way, we still enjoy it and are thankful for all the great people and all the fun cointests run here.

Thanks,

Seekerfamily

Just a comment on a new thread. When we first started reading and posting a few months ago it was very difficult to follow the Todie's Wild Ride with over 200+ pages. There may still be some cointests there that we don't completely understand (Whats up with the occassional posting of PAY ATTENTION!!!). A new thread that was just for a race only would probably be a good idea. I have seen a few other people write that it is somewhat hard to figure out that thread with all the post. Either way, we still enjoy it and are thankful for all the great people and all the fun cointests run here.

Thanks,

Seekerfamily

I'm one that quit following that thread... nothing personal, but after awhile it just seemed like the same song and dance and I had a hard time keeping up with things if I didn't read it daily.

Having read this thread, I could have been a winner in the original and never known it because I quit following it. I'd have to read some 20+ pages I'm sure just to catch up to speed on it... I just don't have that much time.

Bottom line, I think a new thread for a new cointest would help achieve what the OP wants... new comers would be lees intimidated as well and may even join this cointest....

speaking of which, I'll put a couple coins together and post them here for the race in the next couple days! :anibad:

If Rod would check his messages........ :) Please proceed with this racing thread, as it was intended and not as a discussion about whether it's going to stay open. Roddy, you've got mail. (I see you missed the other message I sent you the other day too.)

Checked and answered, THANKS!!!!

We're BACK everyone! This thread WILL BE solely to keep track of the race and to add race participants until the end of the entry deadline, so let's get those coins entered!!!

Read the OP, get your racers readied and START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!

Todie's Wild Ride II:

Sunsetmeadowlark:

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Always drive responsibly!

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Always look!

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Be alert!

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Be aware!

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: Be aware, bikes are everywhere!

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: Bikes are everywhere!

7) Todie's Wild Ride II: Don't drive distracted!

8) Todie's Wild Ride II: Don't text and drive!

9) Todie's Wild Ride II: Drive responsibly!

10) Todie's Wild Ride II: Drive smart!

11) Todie's Wild Ride II: Hang up the phone!

12) Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets save lives!

13) Todie's Wild Ride II: Live to ride!

14) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look twice for bikes!

15) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look twice for bikes!

16) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look twice!

17) Todie's Wild Ride II: LOOK!

18) Todie's Wild Ride II: Memories...

19) Todie's Wild Ride II: Pay attention, save a life!

20) Todie's Wild Ride II: Please drive responsibly!

21) Todie's Wild Ride II: Please remember me

22) Todie's Wild Ride II: Ride responsibly!

23) Todie's Wild Ride II: Ride safe!

24) Todie's Wild Ride II: Ride smart

25) Todie's Wild Ride II: Ride to live!

26) Todie's Wild Ride II: Rolling stops kill!

27) Todie's Wild Ride II: Save a life!

28) Todie's Wild Ride II: WATCH!

29) Todie's Wild Ride II: We wish you had seen us

30) Todie's Wild Ride II: We're with you in spirit...

31) Todie's Wild Ride II: Obey the Laws!

32) Todie's Wild Ride II: Be Wise!

33) Todie's Wild Ride II: Life is Short

34) Todie's Wild Ride II: Life is Precious

35) Todie's Wilde Ride II: Life is Fleeting

36) Todie's Wild Ride II: Life is...

Ashallond:

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Ashallond's Driving And Texting Is Bad

Clan Doyle

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Team DNIF

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Warlock's Advise

LadyBee4T

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Live to Ride--Ride to Live

Rockin' Roddy

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Happy Birthday Tod!

JohnMac56

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Happy Birthday Todie

Geojosh1--- invited by catsnfish

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Be Aware, Bikes Are Everywhere!

CubbieJens--- invited by catsnfish

1) Todie's WIld Ride II: Look Twice, Saves Life!!!

Sharknose Bunnies

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Bicycle Safety

Maine Family

1) Todie's Wild RIde II: Spreading Bike Awareness

2) Todie's WIld Ride II: It Can Happen To You

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Use Common Sense

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look Twice And Save A Life

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: From Michigan To California

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: The Biker

7) Todie's Wild Ride II: Bike Awareness

8) Todie's Wild Ride II: And Don't Forget Your Helmet Or Seat Belt

Sivota

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (1)

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (2)

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (3)

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (4)

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (5)

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (6)

7) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (7)

8) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message(8)

9) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (9)

10) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (10)

11) Todie's Wild Ride II: Spread The Message (11)

Write Shop Robert

1) Todie's WIld Ride !!: Look! There Are Bikes Everywhere

Anne.and.eli

1) Todie's Wild RIde II; Bike Awareness

Team CeDo

1) Todie's Wild Ride II; 10 Tips

61 coins

Auto pilot is for planes not highways.

Edited by Maine Family

Maybe I missed it, but when is the finish line for the race? You said they must be released between 7/12/09 and 9/30/09, but when is the final count of miles to be done? Will it be another year, or will it be a shorter race, timewise? Just curious...

Yes, one year. Should we call it 9/30/10? Seems good to me, what does everyone else think??

Great job on the new releases sunsetmeadowlark!!

Todie's Wild Ride II:

Sunsetmeadowlark:

Ashallond:

Clan Doyle

LadyBee4T

Rockin' Roddy

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: One Year Without Tod

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Riding On Without Tod

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Missing Tod

JohnMac56

Geojosh1--- invited by catsnfish

CubbieJens--- invited by catsnfish

Sharknose Bunnies

Maine Family

Sivota

Write Shop Robert

Anne.and.eli

Team CeDo

70 coins

Edited by Maine Family

Todie's Wild Ride II: Todie Rides Again

1) Sunsetmeadowlark:

37) Todie's Wild Ride II: Share The Responsibility I

38) Todie's Wild Ride II: Share The responsibilty II

39) Todie's Wild Ride II: Share The responsibilty III

40) Todie's Wild Ride II: Share The responsibilty IIII

2) Ashallond:

3) Clan Doyle

4) LadyBee4T

5) Rockin' Roddy

6) JohnMac56

7) Geojosh1--- invited by catsnfish

8) CubbieJens--- invited by catsnfish

9) Sharknose Bunnies

10) Maine Family

11) Sivota

12) Write Shop Robert

13) Anne.and.eli

14) Team CeDo

15) Droo

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Droo's 69 Tang

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Cachin' Freestyle

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Getting There On Time

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Going For The Gold

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: Hardcore P'NG

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: Mountain Biking

7) Todie's Wild Ride II: On The CacheStalker

8) Todie's Wild Ride II: Roddy's Glowworm Nerd

9) Todie's Wild Ride II: Roddy's Rainbow Nerd

10) Todie's Wild Ride II: Scoot To It

11) Todie's Wild Ride II: Stalking Cache

12) Todie's Wild Ride II: Stay Out Of Jail

13) Todie's Wild Ride II: Stealthily

16) Sioneva --- invited by catsnfish

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look Twice For Bikes!

88 coins

Edited by Maine Family

1) Sunsetmeadowlark:

2) Ashallond:

3) Clan Doyle

4) LadyBee4T

5) Rockin' Roddy

6) JohnMac56

9) Sharknose Bunnies

10) Maine Family

11) Sivota

12) Write Shop Robert

13) Anne.and.eli

14) Team CeDo

15) Droo

17) Fuzziebear3

1) Todies Wild Ride II: Fuzziebear3 says 'Look Twice'

2) Todies Wild Ride II: Fuzziebear3 says 'Pay Attention'

18) goosefraba1

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Bike Awareness Coin

91 coins

Edited by Maine Family

I get to add my first Geocoin to this race :)

TB2YA22 (Todie's Wild Ride II: Bike Awareness Coin)

Thanks so much Rockin Roddy!

"Keep your eyes on the road, hands upon the wheel" - Jim Morrison

Welcome aboard my friend and THANKS for participating!! Remember to watch the Todie's Wild Ride thread (original) for cointests and such, we will continue to have fun there as well as keep watching the older coins move!

91 coins and 18 participants so far...GREAT!!! Keep them coming people, we have a little longer to get in the RACE!!

1) Sunsetmeadowlark:

2) Ashallond:

3) Clan Doyle

4) LadyBee4T

5) Rockin' Roddy

6) JohnMac56

9) Sharknose Bunnies

10) Maine Family

11) Sivota

12) Write Shop Robert

13) Anne.and.eli

14) Team CeDo

15) Droo

17) Fuzziebear3

18) goosefraba1

19) PastorJon

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Further Up And Further In

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Got Life? Live It!

20) Seekerfamily

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look Twice For Bikes

21) JohnMac56

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Why didn't I see that motorcycle?

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Scooters are bikes too...

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Check your blind spot

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: I Saw You... But You Didn't See Me...

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: Pre-Ride Checklist

22) LadyBee4T

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets Are Cool III

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets are Cool IV

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Slug Says Helmets Are Cool

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Turtle Says Helmets Are Cool!

104 coins and 22 Participants

Edited by Maine Family

Here are six more to make it to an even 100 in the new race!!!

TB2YAA6 Todie's Wild Ride II: Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel

TB2YA6D Todie's Wild Ride II: Why didn't I see that motorcycle?

TB2YA7Q Todie's Wild Ride II: Scooters are bikes too...

TB2YA6K Todie's Wild Ride II: Check your blind spot

TB1A7DR Todie's Wild Ride II: I Saw You... But You Didn't See Me...

TB1A7H0 Todie's Wild Ride II: Pre-Ride Checklist

I used the names and mission statements from some of my previous releases that have gone missing for these new coins.... Hope that it doesn't disqualify them....

I waited until today to activate these 4 coins for this race. All have the same or similar missions and that is to wear an approved helmet. I don't know if it would have saved Tod's life or not but I have cared for people with closed head injuries and I know they can make a difference.

TB2VZGB Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets Are Cool III

TB1ZQRB Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets are Cool IV

TB2WH5E Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Slug Says Helmets Are Cool

TB2X0R6 Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Turtle Says Helmets Are Cool!

Here are six more to make it to an even 100 in the new race!!!

TB2YAA6 Todie's Wild Ride II: Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel

TB2YA6D Todie's Wild Ride II: Why didn't I see that motorcycle?

TB2YA7Q Todie's Wild Ride II: Scooters are bikes too...

TB2YA6K Todie's Wild Ride II: Check your blind spot

TB1A7DR Todie's Wild Ride II: I Saw You... But You Didn't See Me...

TB1A7H0 Todie's Wild Ride II: Pre-Ride Checklist

I used the names and mission statements from some of my previous releases that have gone missing for these new coins.... Hope that it doesn't disqualify them....

Added to the list. Thank you.

I waited until today to activate these 4 coins for this race. All have the same or similar missions and that is to wear an approved helmet. I don't know if it would have saved Tod's life or not but I have cared for people with closed head injuries and I know they can make a difference.

TB2VZGB Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets Are Cool III

TB1ZQRB Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets are Cool IV

TB2WH5E Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Slug Says Helmets Are Cool

TB2X0R6 Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Turtle Says Helmets Are Cool!

Thank you. They have been added to the list.

1) Sunsetmeadowlark:

2) Ashallond:

3) Clan Doyle

4) LadyBee4T

5) Rockin' Roddy

6) JohnMac56

9) Sharknose Bunnies

10) Maine Family

11) Sivota

12) Write Shop Robert

13) Anne.and.eli

14) Team CeDo

15) Droo

17) Fuzziebear3

18) goosefraba1

19) PastorJon

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Further Up And Further In

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Got Life? Live It!

20) Seekerfamily

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Look Twice For Bikes

21) JohnMac56

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Why didn't I see that motorcycle?

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Scooters are bikes too...

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Check your blind spot

5) Todie's Wild Ride II: I Saw You... But You Didn't See Me...

6) Todie's Wild Ride II: Pre-Ride Checklist

22) LadyBee4T

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets Are Cool III

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Helmets are Cool IV

3) Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Slug Says Helmets Are Cool

4) Todie's Wild Ride II: Traveling Turtle Says Helmets Are Cool!

23) Trick or Treat

1) Todie's Wild Ride II: Please Don't Visit Me at Work

2) Todie's Wild Ride II: Skid Lids

106 coins and 23 Participants