DELL AXIM X51

Mickey and Goofy

I just finished my first Wherigo using a Dell Axim x51 and a Garmin GPS 10x Receiver (bluetooth). I use the same setup with BackCountryNavigator for paperless geocaching.

I want to use a Dell Axim x51 and a Garmin GPS 10x Receiver (bluetooth) is there anything else I need?

BackCountryNavigator seems a little more that whar I realy need. I use my Garmin Map 60csx now and I'm fine with it.

I'm using CacheMate for my paperless caching with a DELL AXIM X3 now.

Lon

Edited by Mickey and Goofy

I've been using BeeLineGPS with my Axim X50V since I started caching over a year ago. I keep thinking I should buy a Garmin handheld but I don't want to give up my big, readable screen and great database and paperless capabilities. The only thing I don't like about it is that if I want to see road maps I have to turn off BeeLine, switch to Iguidance to get oriented, then switch back to BeeLine. Once I'm on a trail tho, it's great.

I have an extra battery for the axim and for my bluetooth receiver, so I can cache for around 10 hours with no problem. I can save tracks and waypoint databases on my CF card to be reused when I go back to a location. Entering coords by hand is easy, and BeeLineGPS imports gpx files from a pocket query.

BeeLineGPS

I want to use a Dell Axim x51 and a Garmin GPS 10x Receiver (bluetooth) is there anything else I need?

BackCountryNavigator seems a little more that whar I realy need. I use my Garmin Map 60csx now and I'm fine with it.

I'm using CacheMate for my paperless caching with a DELL AXIM X3 now.

I use my Garmin Map 60csx for caching.............

My question is with using a Dell Axim x51 with the Garmin 10x only for "Wherigp" caches?

What GPS are you using with your Dell?

Edited by Mickey and Goofy

Well I did it I purchased a Dell Axim x51v and a GARMIN Mobile 10x GPS Bluetooth Wireless Receiver for it.

I went this rought just because I like my Garmin Map 60CSx and will still be using it for our regular caching. The new Garmin GPS's have not impressed me yet.

:D

I have been listining to people talk about Wherigo caches and have heard a couple talks about it at a couple events. Now I realy want to jump in and play too!

:D

I have programing experience with making web sites and now I have downloaded the Wherigo builder so I can give it a try and hopfully start making a few Wherigo caches.

I'm here to play! <_<

Goofy of Mickey and Goofy

I'l be posting my progress here and in my web site greathides.com