TB questions

spencerfour

Hi...hope I am doing this right!

I am a new cacher (10 finds so far) and came across a TB today. Few questions:

1) Can you take the TB in addition to trading items? My kids wanted to trade trinkets so we did that instead of take the TB b/c I wasn't sure of the 'rules.' What is correct? Is the person who placed it there cursing me b/c I didn't take it?

2) If we did take it, we would only be geocaching locally (w/in 10 miles of our home location) for several months. Is it OK to place the TB in another local cache or does it have to be/should it be far away?

Thank for taking the time to answer my questions!

Spencerfour

Wecome to the game :laughing:

1) Can you take the TB in addition to trading items? My kids wanted to trade trinkets so we did that instead of take the TB b/c I wasn't sure of the 'rules.' What is correct? Is the person who placed it there cursing me b/c I didn't take it?

Yes, you can. TBs and geocoins are treated differently from the swag. You don't have to trade trackable items in any way. You can do whatever trades you want... then take the TB to move on somewhere else. You don't have to move any trackable you find but trackable owners like to see their items moving around - it reasures them to know they're still active. ;)

2) If we did take it, we would only be geocaching locally (w/in 10 miles of our home location) for several months. Is it OK to place the TB in another local cache or does it have to be/should it be far away?

It's fine to place the TB in another cache local to you. It doesn't have to move large distances for a hop to be worthwhile.

If the TB doesn't have any instructions/mission card/passport card with it then you can always take it back home and check its homepage and find out what it's hoping to do, then help it if you can. Not all TBs/geocoins have specific missions.

MrsB ;)