FTF Prize

wor!dw!de

I know it is up to me on what I desire to place in my cache as a FTF prize, however, is it common just to have the blank log and to be on the top signing spot or is it acceptable to have a unactivated GC or a dead president (cash) as a prize if I so desire?

Your input is appreciated.

Anything but nothing is acceptable. In a micro/nano all that can be lfet is a blank log scroll to sign. I only place FTF prizes in a cache that others have to work hard at getting, while some of my easy cache just contain a heap of swag.

It is up to each cacher if they wish to give a FTF prize or not. We have one local who hides one cache each year just pri to Christmas and inside you will find three presants gift wrapped, you may only take one and can not swop it one you have opened it.

Caches with no FTF prize are perfectly acceptable and actually more common than caches with an FTF prize.

If you want to leave a FTF prize great, but do not feel compelled to do so. Actually I'd prefer people forgot

about the FTF prize and use the money they saved to spruce up the contents for everyone.

Edited by briansnat

Caches with no FTF prize are perfectly acceptable and actually more common than caches with an FTF prize.

If you want to leave a FTF prize great, but do not feel compelled to do so. Actually I'd prefer people forgot

about the FTF prize and use the money they saved to spruce up the contents for everyone.

Great points and a quick question....If I did load up a cache with swag, it would be obvious to everyone that these are trade items or should I be safe and list that cachers bring some trade swag??

I like that idea, great surrgestion

If I did load up a cache with swag, it would be obvious to everyone that these are trade items or should I be safe and list that cachers bring some trade swag??

Cachers generally are aware about swag and trading.

It wouldn't hurt to write it on your listing though. It's done alot. It's all up to you.

Totally up to you. If I am first to find, I am not disappointed if there is no special prize for me.

If it's a choice between decent swag and something special for FTF, skip the prize.

If it's a choice between hiding another cache and something special for FTF, skip the prize. In my opinion. I'd rather have more caches for everyone to hunt than to make sure that one person gets a special trinket.

I almost always put in a prize for FTF. Another local cacher almost always uses a one-dollar bill as FTF prize. Others rarely or never throw in a special FTF prize. So it comes down to your pleasure. If it makes you happy to give a token of recognition, your generosity will be appreciated. If recognizing the first finder with a small gift would be burdensome, you are certainly not obligated.