Tracking Geocoins

Shrek-Donkey

Please forgive us as we are new to Geocaching, and loving it....So our question is;

We have had in our possesion a Geocoin which we have moved on, as with all the coins and TB we track them (none of them ours), we have just noticed that one of the coins we are tracking has been logged in and out of 6 different caches by the same member in two days.

Now again please forgive us for our newbie ignorance but isnt the idea to pick from one and place in another?

Paul & Julie

Please forgive us as we are new to Geocaching, and loving it....So our question is;

We have had in our possesion a Geocoin which we have moved on, as with all the coins and TB we track them (none of them ours), we have just noticed that one of the coins we are tracking has been logged in and out of 6 different caches by the same member in two days.

Now again please forgive us for our newbie ignorance but isnt the idea to pick from one and place in another?

Paul & Julie

Yes, that is the general idea. However...sometimes when a player is not ready to get rid os a Traveler, they will "Dip" it into some or all of the Caches they find along the way. Some people like it, and some dont, but most don't worry too much about it, unless it goes on for a long time. That's between the person who has it, and the person who owns it.

i do that sometimes, especially when The places I go fit in line with the travelers mission, or when I go Ccahing all over the country with a Traveler in my pocket before I drop it in a final spot. If I visit 10 Caches at Veterans memorials while I have a Bug that want's to visit veterans memorials, then I will log it into all of them. Sometimes I will even select Caches to look for that fit with a Mission.

Also, If I have a TB with me for three months, and have traveled 30,000 miles with it, I'll want to record that in some way for the owner.

This is a slightly different example, since it was handed to me by the owner, but you can see that the 'Dips' are in line with the goal.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1235094