New harry potter cache idea

I would check the Premium Members only box, unless you will have this in a 5/5 type situation. I can see that thing walking off VERY quickly. Other than that, that is a fantastic looking cache.

I got a premium membership, I'd steal it in a second!!! :D

Just Kidding! :D Much safer as a member cache..

The hogwarts express lost his luggage just like the muggle travel companies do.

It is an old leather / metal trunk that I put the lettering on by hand.

your thoughts?

hogwarts.jpg

Wow, that looks very cool!

Maybe this isn't the right place to mention I've never read any of the books though. :D

I'm not convinced members-only means automatically a better class of cacher. :laughing:

I'd certainly make it a location a non-cacher is unlikely to ever find. Where I live is a considerable population of homeless and transients. Anything looking remotely interesting will often be carted off by them. Many local geocaches have been. An ammo can makes a fine place for them to store their goodies, too.

Make it a difficult multi. You'll cut down on the number of finders, but the cache will probably be safer too?

I'm inclined to agree here. Not necessarily difficulty, but perhaps a puzzle which could be solved by a Harry Potter fan or modest research which could be done. I expect there to be a sufficiency of HP fanatics about who would flock to a well done HP cache.

Hopefully WB and JKR won't notice and send over their whomping willow.

Where I live is a considerable population of homeless and transients. Anything looking remotely interesting will often be carted off by them. Many local geocaches have been.

haha, I read this as "geocachers".... which left me briefly with a really odd mental image....

Edited by mrbort
Where I live is a considerable population of homeless and transients. Anything looking remotely interesting will often be carted off by them. Many local geocaches have been.

haha, I read this as "geocachers".... which left me briefly with a really odd mental image....

Nope. Not by the homeless. By those men in the white suits with the large butterfly nets, perhaps. :laughing:

Edited by DragonsWest

Make it a difficult multi. You'll cut down on the number of finders, but the cache will probably be safer too?

I'm inclined to agree here. Not necessarily difficulty, but perhaps a puzzle which could be solved by a Harry Potter fan or modest research which could be done. I expect there to be a sufficiency of HP fanatics about who would flock to a well done HP cache.

Hopefully WB and JKR won't notice and send over their whomping willow.

Ummmm....wouldn't the Harry Potter fans be the group of people more incline to take a trunk that has Hogwarts' name on it???

Pre-mem doesn't mean it is going to be perfectly safe, but it is a better selection and you can keep an eye a little better on it. I would make it a hard cache in a place where someone won't stumble on it and also chain it if you want, but in a remote place bolt cutters make little noise. lol.

Even if you don't get as many finders, the ones who do attempt it will be rewarded for their hike/puzzle/etc work and will appreciate the cool cache even more.