broken TB

rdfirebrd

I went out caching today and I stopped by a cache(GC13KVG) that had a TB and a coin. The coin wasn't there...no problem, some other people hadn't recently visited the site.

anyway...I found the travel bug(TB9C58)...a bobble head engineer. The head of this particular TB was broken off, I made sure to grab both pieces and sent an e-mail to the owner of the bug asking what, if anything they would like done.

If the owner of the bug, Dilton Ferret, doesn't respond(he hasn't logged onto the site since Feb. according to his profile)...I am curious how I should proceed. I would like to fix it if I can, though I am not sure how I would go about this. At the very least I want to try and ensure the head and body of the TB travel together until someone can fix it.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest allowing an adequate amount of time for owner's response. The only problem is............. I cannot define adequate.

I have made emails asking (various) questions about a TB or GC. Usually a prompt response. A couple of times....... no response yet to this day.

If I were you, I would allow 2 - 3 weeks for a response, then if you wanted really felt you had to keep the bug moving, I would put it piecemeal as you found it, into a zoploc baggie and send it on it's way. Wouldn't worry about it again, as it appears the owner doesn't either!

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

sounds good...I really wouldn't know how to fix it...but unless the owner replies to pull it out of circulation I plan to drop it somewhere.

Ziploc sounds like my best option, so I will just wait for the owner to respond...in the meantime I will just have a bobblehead TB by my computer...heh(it does still work, the head stays on when it is standing...but isn't really connected)