revisiting a cache?

cacheious

With no GPSr, i decided to attempt to find my first cache. After lots of research on the net, i finally found it. Only problem is: i left nothing and took nothing. I want to go back and leave some goodies. Is that ok?

Also, there was a coin type thing in the box as well. It didn't have any tracking numbers on it. Only someones name. Is that a geocoin? was i supposed to take it? There were two bags in the box. A bag full of toys, and a bag with the log in it. The coin was in the bag with the log, so i figured it was meant for the creator of the cache. Is this a correct assumption?

Yes you can go back and revisit a cache but this time when you log your visit use post a note instead of log your find.

The cache main page should tell you if there are any coins or Travel bugs in it. But this item may be a personal swag.

...The coin was in the bag with the log, so i figured it was meant for the creator of the cache. Is this a correct assumption?

Cachers will often leave a geocoin in the plastic bag with the log just so that it's more easily found by the next cacher and to prevent it disappearing into the general swag in the bottom of the container. So, no, this doesn't necessarily mean that it was intended for the cache owner.

MrsB :D

Thanks for the snappy reply!

Ok. well i have to make some spin tops to add to the swag bag so if i was supposed to take it, i will do so when i return to drop the swag.

I also messaged the original owner of the coin to ask. I am going from Oklahoma (where i live) to Kentucky for a wedding soon, and offered to give the coin a ride.

Either way, this geocaching business is an absolute blast! I can't wait to get my GPSr so i can actually get out in the field and do it properly!