new Oregon software version 3.12 Beta

allory

Well...glad many of you are having luck with the new firmware. I, however, am not. I put aside the Orgeon for some time due to it's horrible accuracy and tracklogs. Went back to my trusty 76csx. Excited to see the new beta software with new gps firmware. However on loading it and trying it out a few times I'm having horrible results. Below is my test out and back trail. Note how the tracklogs veer from each other by as much as 55meters. The trail goes from wide open sky (on roads) to very light tree cover on a wide trail. I had WAAS turned on, but never got a lock. In fact the GPS could "see" many birds, but at best only locked onto 5. GPS accuracy was reported as best at 11 meters (for only a second) with the average being 25-30 meters, which from the horrible tracklog is probably right. Data sent to Garmin. Very, very frustrated...to me the Oregon is useless.

3796093487_4793fae9aa_b.jpg

Oregon 300 out and back trail with V3.12beta

Well...glad many of you are having luck with the new firmware. I, however, am not. I put aside the Orgeon for some time due to it's horrible accuracy and tracklogs....

Well, since you say you put it aside for "some time" if you didn't allow it a couple hours of access to the open sky, it's not too surprising that the accuracy was not too good. Try letting the GPSr "cook" for a while and see if the accuracy improves any...

Just found a problem.

If I go into Waypoint Manager and select a waypoint, there is no X button in the bottom left corner to return to the main screen. Have to power cycle.

cfd1c2b2-f88b-4f90-bed1-1851d5dea4c8.jpg

My Oregon did the same thing today. How do the Garmin software guys miss such an obvious problem? Surely they must check the software before they release it.