Geocaching coffee table book

I ordered a book on a whim, cause it sounded interesting.

The book is a hardcover book by Margot Anne Kelley. It's called "Local Treasures: Geocaching Across America."

She herself is a geocacher, though I can't find her gc name at this point of skimming. The premise is simple.....she has a photograph of sites at or near geocaches, with the cache coordinates, and a short essay about that cache. The bigger picture, in her other essays, involves geocaching as a melding of the old and new.....people using the virtual world to explore the real one. If anyone has read "Bowling Alone in America," she touches on some of those same themes.

Has anyone else ever seen this book? It's published by the Center for American Places, which is how I kind of discovered it. (Another site I like to visit sometimes). And does anyone know who the author might be at gc? If she's reading this post, please PM me. I'm loving this book and its concept!

Edited by Trekkin' and birdin'

I ordered a book on a whim, cause it sounded interesting.

The book is a hardcover book by Margot Anne Kelley. It's called "Local Treasures: Geocaching Across America."

She herself is a geocacher, though I can't find her gc name at this point of skimming. The premise is simple.....she has a photograph of sites at or near geocaches, with the cache coordinates, and a short essay about that cache. The bigger picture, in her other essays, involves geocaching as a melding of the old and new.....people using the virtual world to explore the real one. If anyone has read "Bowling Alone in America," she touches on some of those same themes.

Has anyone else ever seen this book? It's published by the Center for American Places, which is how I kind of discovered it. (Another site I like to visit sometimes). And does anyone know who the author might be at gc? If she's reading this post, please PM me. I'm loving this book and its concept!

Loved that book. It’s not a ‘how-to’ manual, rather it is about personal discovery, investigation and a search for understanding about this past-time and how it affects so many of us.