missing ammo boxes

charlie67467

Wichita, Kansas area: I once had a huge container turn up missing for a second time. Someone took the huge container and left all the goodies, lots of them, in a black trash bag tucked under a nearby scrap piece of metal. I thought, "They stole my huge container again, but how nice of them to preserve the contents of the cache. Even the log book is there." I replaced the container with another huge one, moved the coordinates about 30 feet, and changed the listing to a members only cache. That's the only one I have that is members only. The cache has survived for quite some time now. I hate making members only caches because not everyone can enjoy them, but I don't want to be the supplier of free big ammo boxes either.

Last year there were two of the .50 caliber cans that turned up missing near Clinton Lake. In both instances the cache contents were left on site in different containers. I went ahead and replaced the ammo cans out of my own pocket-they were some of the first I found-and the caches have been OK since.

caverdoc