Another newby!

Ludzy

Yay found my first cache in the weekend in Tutukaka, Whangarei NZ. GOOD FUN!!! Used Google earth and logic to decode clue when i got there! Just bought my first GPS today a Garmin etrex doesnt really have all the bells and whistles that those expensive ones have but am hoping the 2nd hand Garmin will do the trick!

If there are any tricks to using it any advice would be much appreciated! Yup i do have the manual - but 'yknow experience beats instructions!! :D

Congratulations on your first find. LOTS of people here started out with an Etrex, they are solid, and very much accurate enough to cache with.

Read the manual, and ask questions in the GPS Units forum if you need to.

Small Trick: Etrex units are small enough that if someone is looking at you suspiciously while you are looking for the cache, put it up to your ear, and pretend you are having a heated conversation on your "Cell Phone" :-)

Thanks for welcomes! Haha I may use that Gps as cell phone trick for sure! I have been searching for my second but i am vertically challenged and started getting strange looks from people when i began climbing up a cliff very precariously!! So havent found it yet! I think i am becoming addicted and it is only my second! :D:lol: