My First Hides... is this ok?

So... I haven't been with the sport for very long, but I have this GREAT (in my oppinion) idea for a series of hides with a Disney theme for the kids. I plan on having 6 (including the final) in the series and currently have permission from 4 of the places I would like to hide them. (I really don't go half way when I do things... lol)

So my question... am I being over enthusiastic or is this an ok/normal thing?

Also, is this against any rules?

So... I haven't been with the sport for very long, but I have this GREAT (in my oppinion) idea for a series of hides with a Disney theme for the kids. I plan on having 6 (including the final) in the series and currently have permission from 4 of the places I would like to hide them. (I really don't go half way when I do things... lol)

As far as I can tell. You haven't said anything that's against the guidelines. The first thing I will ask is where are these 4 locations? They're not businesses are they?

I don't think it's abnormal. I've seen a number of caches on a theme. They've been really fun.

No, it's not against the rules to be enthusiastic!! LOL.

Seriously, there's a Disney cache near me.

If I were you I'd worry most about using the Disney name. I don't think there's rules against it with Groundspeak, but there might be with Disney. Check out some other caches.

I just ran a search on caches, and came up with 91 caches with Disney in their names.

That answer part of your question?

Being enthusiastic may or may not be normal, but it sure is great.

Mean's your having a great time. Keep it up. Don't let anyone spoil that enthusiasm for you.

Those are the times you remember most in your life.

If anyone complains about your enthusiasm, know they're jealous.

All of us should be so enthusiastic about many things!!!!!!!

The fact that you care enough to ask bodes well.

A Disney theme can work but you need to be careful. Using Disney or other copyrighted logos on your cache page will likely cause problems during the review process. Links to Disney websites (or any commercial site) on your cache page wouldl also be an issue.

Be sure to read the guidelines thoroughly and if you have questions, you can run them by your reviewer ahead of time.

As far as I can tell. You haven't said anything that's against the guidelines. The first thing I will ask is where are these 4 locations? They're not businesses are they?

I don't think it's abnormal. I've seen a number of caches on a theme. They've been really fun.

One of the 4 is behind a sub shop for the show "Wizards of Waverley Place"

No, it's not against the rules to be enthusiastic!! LOL.

Being enthusiastic may or may not be normal, but it sure is great.

Mean's your having a great time. Keep it up. Don't let anyone spoil that enthusiasm for you.

Those are the times you remember most in your life.

If anyone complains about your enthusiasm, know they're jealous.

All of us should be so enthusiastic about many things!!!!!!!

Thanks! :D

Is this on Disney property? Remember that you're going to need to have permission from the property owner to do the hide. Also, another helpful thing is to visualize what the finders may do, and the reation that non-cachers (muggles) may have. For example, will the sub shop employees become suspicious if people start poking around behind the shop, or do you think they might not even notice? Are you hiding your cache near equipment that might compromise it (e.g., you hide it by the trash dumpster, which makes it vulnerable to people thinking that it might be trash and throwing it away)?

As long as there aren't any trespassing issues, or any issues that might cause the local law enforcement to otherwise be called, I'd say go for it. : )

Is this on Disney property? Remember that you're going to need to have permission from the property owner to do the hide.

No, no... I'm in Michigan. :D I do have the permission from the owner, I go to church with him and am in bible study with his wife. I have permission from 4 of the 6 locations at this point, but I am going to try to talk to the other 2 before the end of the week. :D

There's a sort-of Disney themed series here in Michigan - on the west side of the state. Sounds different than what you're describing though in a couple of ways. For one, it's in a state park.

I think putting a lot of thought into a cache is probably a great thing. Sounds like kids in Disney's demographic will get a particular kick out of it. :D

There's a sort-of Disney themed series here in Michigan - on the west side of the state. Sounds different than what you're describing though in a couple of ways. For one, it's in a state park.

I think putting a lot of thought into a cache is probably a great thing. Sounds like kids in Disney's demographic will get a particular kick out of it. :D

Are you referring to the caches by Mickey and Goofy? Unfortunately I don't currently have a State Park sticker so I've been unable to do any of them, but someday....

I'm also curious where in MI the OP is.

Would cachers enjoy your locations, or would they be another smiley? A cache behind a sub shop even with a nice theme and write up wouldn't interest me much, but that's just me.

I hope so... I'm trying to give them a family theme so they will all be pretty good sized to fit some pretty good swag for the kids and for the grown-ups... well I hope with the locations they are more than just a park and grab... :laughing:

The entire project is on hold right now though. My gps was in the center console of the car last night and my car got broken into. Thankfully I have another GPS that I bought off a friend in the GPS garage sale to have a spare that should be here in the next few days, then it's GAME ON! :yikes:

I totally appreciate everyone's input on this. I am going to go for it. I'll post the links when they are up and running so you guys can see how it turns out. Thanks So Much for the support! :huh:

I think putting a lot of thought into a cache is probably a great thing. Sounds like kids in Disney's demographic will get a particular kick out of it. :huh:

Are you referring to the caches by Mickey and Goofy? Unfortunately I don't currently have a State Park sticker so I've been unable to do any of them, but someday....

I'm also curious where in MI the OP is.

Yep! About the state park sticker - do you have a library card?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-1...15611--,00.html

ETA: #2 of that series is currently missing, although the cache hasn't been disabled. The COs are apparently on vacation and won't be able to check on the cache for a few weeks.

Edited by gojkgo

The entire project is on hold right now though. My gps was in the center console of the car last night and my car got broken into. Thankfully I have another GPS that I bought off a friend in the GPS garage sale to have a spare that should be here in the next few days, then it's GAME ON! ;)

I totally appreciate everyone's input on this. I am going to go for it. I'll post the links when they are up and running so you guys can see how it turns out. Thanks So Much for the support! :)

Sorry to hear about your GPS... but on the flip side, once you get it going I should be able to check it out in person rather than just through links [B)].

'Course w/my luck it'll be published while we're out of town this weekend and we wont' even be able to try for the FTF.

Yep! About the state park sticker - do you have a library card?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-1...15611--,00.html

ETA: #2 of that series is currently missing, although the cache hasn't been disabled. The COs are apparently on vacation and won't be able to check on the cache for a few weeks.

Didn't know that about the library card... pretty cool. Mrs. HayleeBugg is 8.5+ months pregnant right now so we probably won't be getting to those caches any time soon. Still, really good to know... thanks.