Critique my logs

So, you found a bit more inspiration after all?

Yes. I figured I needed to ask for input. I got in a rut of caching just for myself and really didn't care much for my logs. I rarely get feedback for my logs so I wondered what people thought.

For the most part it seemed like people were okay with what I had posted originally.

I wasn't sure the intent of the OP but this makes it clearer and also I thought that your later logs were the type of thing that a CO of any color would be quite pleased to see. I was okay with the original ones but really loved the revised versions :lol:

As to Mredria, I think it's great that people get together and strive, through dialogue and interaction, to improve the things that are important and common to them. Could be a quilters bee or a discussion on ham radio or a forum about photography. It's a hobby and proactive seeking of feedback is a positive thing. It's not a poetry club but neither is a poetry club a sewing circle. Just another way for people of similar interests to try to improve. That's my take on it (I wasn't sure if it was an actual request for criticism or something more oblique to foster a debate but for my money - none - and experience on the forums, Blue Deuce is a pretty straight shooter and the response I quoted makes me comfortable defending this type of discussion) but I don't want you to think that people will be dissecting and criticizing everyone's logs... this was just a great way to as BD said, use the forums to get outside feedback on an aspect of the hobby that he was questioning.

If I have misinterpreted deep sarcasm anywhere here then I obviously look like an idiot but I'm reading these posts as written :D

quilters talk about quilting.

poets talk about poetry.

geocachers talk about... finding geocaches?

Apparently not.

Quilters talk about quilting... including what type of this or that they have in their something I forget but my grandma explained it

Poets talk about Poetry... meter, feeling, turn of phrase, history, places of inspiration

Geocachers talk about geocaching... that means all the bits of it including posting logs. Quite so.

Geocachers talk about geocaching... that means all the bits of it including posting logs. Quite so.

yes. for some of us the log is just as important as the find. sometimes much more so.

anytime anyone is interested in writing a log that's worth more than a few carelessly-tossed acronyms, i breath a prayer of thanks.

I like your revised logs. :lol:

We put quite a bit of time in our cache hides. Our last series of caches had well over 50 hours invested in all that had to be done for them. Most of the logs and feedback via logs is great. Every once and a while you'll get a "thanks TNLNSL". I guess it's better than not searching for them at all.

I suppose leave logs that you would like to receive. Some people are ok with TNLN. I like to hear about the adventures and fun the finder had. Once I went on a cache weekend with some other cachers. (Without my family.) We found so many ammo cans I was sick of seeing them! All the hides ran together. When I got home and logged them (as notes) all I didn't have much to say about each individual cache. There were so many and most shared a similar name. I'll admit I slacked. LoL. Since I wasn't going to log them as a find, I could have just not logged them at all. But the CO did hide them and probably likes feedback on them. I did my best to remember each hide and told of the day we had and who we were with.

We also usually like to write what we took and left. I like people to tell us that, so that is what we say when we can remember to write it down!

poets talk about poetry.

Apparently not.

I don't quilt and I haven't written poetry since my earnestly wistful middle school years, but I am crafty and have hung out at several craft-related forums. Those that are moderated liberally enough to allow colorful discourse on a variety of subjects have just that. Because quilters, poets, geocachers, jewelry makers, knitters, soapmakers, glass blowers, and gardeners are almost always also people.

Adding, you are incorrect. I have a hide that has ZERO issues with it.

Is that the one that is 10 days old, or the one that is 11 days old? :lol:

[Edited to add: Seriously, I'm just ribbing you there. I hope that all of your caches do well!]

Edited by knowschad

(Urban garden with bronze statues) - DNF

Log: Some kids and their parents started getting interested in what I was doing so I had to move on.

I had a chance to stop in this beautiful town after a few days of vacation in Indianapolis and Chicago. My wife’s cousin lives here and just had a baby so of course we had to stop and visit on our way back to Iowa. The moms wanted to chat so I made my exit to grab a few caches and I discovered this is a wonderful garden. I just wish I had a better chance to enjoy it. There was a family sitting nearby and one of their kids must have been pretty bored because he came straight over to see what I was doing. I would have spent a little time chatting with him, maybe showing him something about geocaching but I was pressed for time and had to move on.

(City Park with a Gazebo)

Log: Nice little park. Beautiful day. No one around and I could cache at my leisure. Thanks!

I’m always glad to see a city like this is willing to maintain such a beautiful park. It’s a peaceful place in the middle of a bustling downtown. Fortunately there was no one in the area and I was able to cache at my leisure. My wife’s cousin lives here and I’ve been trying to get her husband interested in geocaching. I thought he was at work but when I got back from caching he was there and said that he wished that I had taken him with me. Maybe he’ll take the initiative and start caching on his own. Perhaps one of your locals could help him out since he doesn’t have a gps. The cache is in good shape.

(Skirt lifter in a Library parking lot)

Log: Nice quick find. Just had to wait a couple moments for muggles to drive off. TNLNSL

No problems retrieving the cache but I did have to wait for people to leave the area. With a little patience and timing I was able to replace the cache without drawing too much attention to myself..

Awesome!!!

Now all you need to do is to go back and edit those logs :lol:

poets talk about poetry.

Apparently not.

All things caching is a much bigger arena for subjects, than all things quilting. Even so quilters don't just talk about quilting, they talk color, thread, backing, patterns, ideas, inspiration, and the kind of tea they drink while quilting or how many beers it will take before that hidious pattern actually looks good. They talk about being in a rut and it's just not as fun as it used to be and so on.

Edited by Renegade Knight