Release Notes 7/28/09

OpinioNate

11215: Ignored caches should still be seen in a user's profile tab

Refined ignored cache behavior to be more nuanced

Were there complaints about this, or was it never meant to be? I'd find it hard to believe any ignore list users would have complained about this.

Yes, I remember reading the complaints. I haven't gone back to look them up, but try last month's Release Notes thread.

Edward

Were there complaints about this, or was it never meant to be? I'd find it hard to believe any ignore list users would have complained about this.

Yes, I remember reading the complaints. I haven't gone back to look them up, but try last month's Release Notes thread.

Edward

Yeah it was a little too complete. Last month they made ignored caches ignored everywhere. This made it impossible to look up the cache when you really did want to look it up. So this month they changed it to not ignore them on the hider's find list, and I think also on your found list if you found it. Ignored caches are still ignored everywhere else.

Edward

Yeah it was a little too complete. Last month they made ignored caches ignored everywhere. This made it impossible to look up the cache when you really did want to look it up. So this month they changed it to not ignore them on the hider's find list, and I think also on your found list if you found it. Ignored caches are still ignored everywhere else.

When I search for a cache using the "all nearby caches" link I now get a significantly reduced number of caches, including NOT showing the cache from which I clicked the aforementioned link. In one case it showed just two caches on the first page, three on the next, and nine on the third. It only appears to be showing caches I haven't found yet and my own caches. (If I use the "all nearby caches I haven't found yet" link all is well.) If I click on the "Geocaching Maps" map it also fails caches that I KNOW are still active, and shows a weird subset of caches in the area.

Using a different caching identity -- my daughter's -- all is well. Any suggestions?

As you can see from a separate thread. This very annoying (the part that the owner isn't notified) bug has surfaced again!

July 09 Geocaching.com Code Release

11232: Deletion of log on geocoin causing server error

Fixed issue where attempting to delete a geocoin log results in a server error

Noticed this behavior for cache logs, "attempting to delete" is a bit missleading

the log actually got deleted, but the far more severe issue was that the owner of the

deleted log never got any email notification about it!

Verified that it works (for cache logs) again. Thanks for the fix.

Edited by lq