New Geo Trek Geocoin - See post #28

Shandscott

Our newest coin is available for Pre-Order.

GEO TREK GEOCOIN

Available in Antique Silver or the Limited Edition Version in Polished Gold.

There are 150 made in Antique Silver and only 50 made in the Polished Gold.

Boldly Cache Where You've Never Cached Before with the Geo Trek Coin.

The front of the coin designates you as a Geocacher. Cache Long and Prosper!

The coin is 1.67"

This Geo Trek coin will also have it's own unique icon.

The Prices are $9.49 for the Antique Silver and $9.99 for the LE Polished Gold

6N-02137S01F.jpg

6N-02137S01B.jpg

You can Pre-order the Antique Silver Coin Here

You can Pre-order the Limited Edition Polished Gold Coin Here

We should have them in stock in 4-6 weeks.

I too think I will wait and either make a trade or buy one after the coins have been minted. Burned twice here.

I apologize that this has happened to you. We are new (I'm the other half of The Cache Shack, it's me who comes up with the coin designs) so I'm not too familiar with any other small companies. But I find it deplorable that someone would "burn" another.

I can understand your and others trepidation in purchasing "pre-sale" items. I hope over time we will prove more trustworthy.

Until then...

Happy Caching to you and yours. :D

Fascinating!

ILYK

This made me smile! I'm actually Shandscott's wife and half of The Cache Shack. I came up with the coin after seeing the new movie.

I'm just shocked that it hadn't been done before :D

We're actually going to Vegas this year to meet both of "The Spock's"

this might interest you...

IMG_0001_NEW-1-3.jpg

ILYK

Fascinating!

ILYK

This made me smile! I'm actually Shandscott's wife and half of The Cache Shack. I came up with the coin after seeing the new movie.

I'm just shocked that it hadn't been done before :lol:

Well depends on what you mean by "hadn't been done before" but the concept has. Nothing personal against your design.

portfederation05large.jpg

Fascinating!

ILYK

this might interest you...

IMG_0001_NEW-1-3.jpg

ILYK

Oh Wow! That is so awesome!

I'm having breakfast and a photo op with the New Mr. Spock, Zachary Quinto. Hubby is meeting Leonard Nimoy, it'll be our first convention. I can't wait!

Fascinating!

ILYK

Well depends on what you mean by "hadn't been done before" but the concept has. Nothing personal against your design.

portfederation05large.jpg

This coin is very beautiful! Great job. I love to look at the designs that others come up with.

I meant no offense, I meant using the symbol and adding the Geocacher designation :D

Hey Shannon, I am glad to see you debuting on the GS coin forums. I am even more excited to see your designs doing so well.

LadyBear, I understand your concern. I doubt my word means much, but I personally know Shannon and his family. He recently retired from the Navy and has been working on getting their GeoCahcing business off the ground for over a year. A lot of us local cachers have helped him out with designs, input, and ideas. I believe they have their act together and I look forward to seeing more of their designs and I wish their endeavor much success.

Hey Shannon, I am glad to see you debuting on the GS coin forums. I am even more excited to see your designs doing so well.

LadyBear, I understand your concern. I doubt my word means much, but I personally know Shannon and his family. He recently retired from the Navy and has been working on getting their GeoCahcing business off the ground for over a year. A lot of us local cachers have helped him out with designs, input, and ideas. I believe they have their act together and I look forward to seeing more of their designs and I wish their endeavor much success.

Should I go through the number of times people have stood up for others and money was still taken? When people start selling geocoins they should use their own money, not expect the caching community to fund their projects.

I empathize with you, I was just speaking from my personal experience with them, outside of the geocoin and geocaching world. Each of use make our own decisions. I would not hesitate to pre-order from The Cache Shack, but I understand others are wary or pre-orders. Either way, no worries. :huh:

so when do we get to pre-order your new coin?

ILYK

Hi,

We decided since our Geo Trek coins were so popular when we made them last, that we are doing a re-minting of them this time in Nickel

The polished gold sold out during the preorder and antique silver ones sold out soon after.

The coins have already been paid for and are in the minting process now.

They should be in stock in about 3-4 weeks

The coins are $9.99 each, with 100 available at this time

Click here to order

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE COINS WE ARE SELLING WILL BE IN NICKEL IN THE SAME DESIGN AS BELOW

Here are the pics of the design

6N-02137-1-1.jpg

These are what the previous coins looked like made

6N-02137S01F-1.jpg

6N-02137S01B-1.jpg

Should I go through the number of times people have stood up for others and money was still taken? When people start selling geocoins they should use their own money, not expect the caching community to fund their projects.

Your opinion has been duly noted, and there is a thread pinned for that very thing. There is also an approved vendors list on the Geocoin Homepage. If you don't want to preorder, then don't. End of story. Have a nice day! :rolleyes:

~J

are these the same metal as the original?

ILYK

These are in Nickel plating as the other editions were in antique silver and gold plating. I placed a limited amount on them, 50 gold and 100 antique silver

We did not want to change those edition amounts because it wouldn't be right.

There will be 100 of the nickel ones made.