Hardest traditional caches to find

Hi all,

How about trying to find the Red Sands Fort cache (GC1DVNY).

It's located 8.5 miles north of Whitstable. Yes, in the middle of the Thames Estuary.

It has only had one 'Found it' log since it was placed on 6 July 2008.

Good luck

LostInTheWoods!

I was hoping to request a slightly cheeky found it on that one today :D

Went out on BayBlast from Herne Bay this morning, but we only visited Shivering Sands and Knock John, not Red Sands :D

Still, excellent trip through the wind farm, forts and on to watch some seals, so can't complain I suppose :D

The cache will have to stay as one of my nearest unfound :D

Hi all,

It's located 8.5 miles north of Whitstable. Yes, in the middle of the Thames Estuary.

Good luck

LostInTheWoods!

I was hoping to request a slightly cheeky found it on that one today :D

Went out on BayBlast from Herne Bay this morning, but we only visited Shivering Sands and Knock John, not Red Sands :D

Still, excellent trip through the wind farm, forts and on to watch some seals, so can't complain I suppose :D

The cache will have to stay as one of my nearest unfound :D

And only 1 DNF (it shows as 2, but Dave and I DNF'd it together). One of the best DNF's Ive had :laughing:. Difficulty for me is that it's a minimum 3 or 4 day trip and I just can't spare that much time again.

Rgds, Andy

Hi all,

Good luck

LostInTheWoods!

I'm very unlikely to ever find this cache, but I do approve of the location! The structures themselves are fascinating, and I took a boat trip to see them a couple of years ago. Well worth the effort.

Lee

Tish and pish! It's just a drive to Uig on Skye or Oban, a boat ride to Harris, a drive (or walk/cycle?) to the south end of the island and then a £140, 3 hour trip in a 42ft boat into the North Atlantic, to an island that had to be evacuated in 1930... Piece of cake really. In terms of physical effort, Britain's Highest Geocache on top of Ben Nevis is a lot harder to get to. There's little choice but to climb 4,350ft and walk 5 miles to reach it.

This one is close by a road, with a lovely concreted footpath leading to it. The cache is hidden right at the side of the path, which overlooks a fine beach. It's wheelchair accessible (you don't need to leave the path). It's not particularly disguised, and it's quite large for a micro.

41 DNF's to 6 finds? No idea what the problem is! Perhaps people get distracted by the view?