UK Caches

Or you could pay for 3 premimum member accounts and get 15 PQs a day, you'd have the whole of the uk within a week, assuming you got the PQ placements right. This may sound extreme but in the old days I met a cacher at an event who paid for 2 Premium subs so that he could do this (there were fewer caches back then).

I keep a complete database of the UK. The easiest way is to run the PQ by date (ie show all caches between 1/jan 2000 and 1/jan 2002 etc) this results in currently 100 Pq's, and I expect a new pocket query to be required every 3 weeks ish, possibly less during summer due to more people putting caches out.

I run the pq's for the whole UK, deleting the ones just run and adding the next 5 so I always have 40 queued up. On top of this to make sure i've got very upto date data I run weekly a nearest 500 PQ's (as these I am most likley to just go out to get rather than planning the trip too much) and a new caches from the past week PQ. It's a bit of a pain but if you keep on top of it it's only a few minutes a day :D

Currently 47318 caches listed = 95 queries
With the search criteria available when setting up a PQ, it's not possible to guarantee exactly 500 unique caches in each of your 95 queries. Using date ranges is the accepted method and that works well with caches set early on but more recently, with anything up to around 300 caches being set on any one day, a PQ could well return just over 200 caches but add one day to the date range and it's over the 500 limit and you miss some. At a guess, you'll probably need to set up 110-115 PQ's to cover the UK's current caches and add another every couple of days or so. Hardly a practical proposition.

The biggest problem I've always found with this is that it's out of date as soon as you've received the PQ.

There's no real easy way of sorting Archived caches short of having a live GC.com feed. Either that or having your feeds on a 20 day cycle and deleting the old PQ data as soon as you receive the new.

The biggest problem I've always found with this is that it's out of date as soon as you've received the PQ.

There's no real easy way of sorting Archived caches short of having a live GC.com feed. Either that or having your feeds on a 20 day cycle and deleting the old PQ data as soon as you receive the new.

That's what I do :D. Each cycle I delete the records with an older "Last GPx" than it should be :D