NT cache permission and job interview?

Hi,

I am having a interview with the National Trust early next week and there is a cache within the grounds the property I am been interviewed at. ;)

Some of the logs have mentioned that it is not obvious that permission was given for this cache from the NT. :D

I put that I am into geocaching, trying to fill in the hobbies/interests bit on the application form. :)

If the question arises about the cache in question at the interview and it not having permission, (remote I know) what would be the best reply?

Any advice welcome.

Many Thanks in advance

Yorkie30. :mad:

I negotiated the national permission with the National Trust for GAGB. I agree with the suggestions here, particularly that you can contact the reviewers regarding this cache on their behalf if necessary.

The NT will have access to internal guidance on geocaching on their NT intranet (this is Guidance Note "RAG10") which I helped prepare about this time last year with the NT Head of Access and Recreation. This guidance is positive for geocaching so it is worth mentioning. NT Tyntesfield were the forerunner for the permission and the NT people put out their own caches to encourage people around the estate.

if you have any questions about the national permisison or relationship then let me know.

Good luck with the job interview.

Be honest

You don't state that it is your cache so if the question does arise, tell them that you are aware that the cache is in place but have no idea whether or not the cache owner sought permission. You're only surmising that it doesn't from reading logs by previous finders who also probably don't know for sure if permission was obtained.

As you've not mentioned which cache your referencing to I'm unable to check the Archived logs for it. However, if the issue comes up during your interview. And it turns out the cache has been placed without permission, please ask them to contact one of my colleagues or myself directly and we will take the appropriate action in regards to it.

Above all if there is a issue with the cache, please make it clear that you do not own the cache nor have access to any information regarding whether the owner requested permission for it.

We've had cases of permission being granted by a person, who subsequently leaves. And there is no record of permission being given.

Deceangi

Thankyou to all you have replied, I am sure I am worrying over nothing but you never know what maybe asked at these things.

The advice seems very sensible and has been reasuring.

Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on next week.

Kind Regards

Yorkie30 :D

The interview went ok, no mention of Geocaching or the Cache in question.

I didn't get the time to head off and find it but I could see the general location and it seemed in a out of bounds location to me. :mad:

Also I didn't get the job so I will try again somewhere else.

Have a great weekend caching, I am working. :blink:

Yorkie30.