Caching in a group or going solo

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot more geocachers are going out as a group lately.

I was out of town over the weekend but got lots of notification messages from finds on 3-4 caches that I own. In one case, the logs essentially read "Out geocaching with aaaa, bbbb, and cccc" on four different caches. That was from just one person in the group. I also got basically the same logs from others in the group "Out caching with bbbb, cccc, and dddd. TFTC". I know that when I find a few caches, even if I can't come up with something unique for every log I at least try to tell a different story in logs for caches owned by the same person.

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one in the area that ever geocaches solo. Although I have gone geocaching with others on a few occasions I would guess that well over 95% of my finds were done solo. A few weeks ago I had a tough day with several DNFs and went past a relatively new cache on the way home and stopped for a brief look. It was a cache on a tank, and as many can attest, can be one of the most difficult hides. When I got home to log my DNFs, I noticed that almost all of the find logs were made by cachers that found it as part of groups, in one case with 8 different people searching for the cache, and subsequently gloating on making the difficult find. Does anyone that primarily caches solo feel at a disadvantage (or take some satisfaction on finding difficult caches solo when most of the finders do it as a group).

I guess it all depends on the person.....

I like caching w/ friends, but I can completely see how nice it would be to cache solo. Lot's of peace and quiet, but that's what makes geocaching so much fun! It's so versatile! You can do it solo or w/ a partner or w/ a group of people! Wait... That was worded wrong.... I mean, you can search for caches solo or w/ a partner or w/ a group of people! :blink:

I like to cache w/ my kids, so that's a group, and they don't have a username, they just search w/ me, so I put them down sometimes as the "boy monsters". I like to cache w/ a group of my pals too sometimes, and other times, when I have some time to myself and want to be alone, I'll search on my own, but it's not near as fun, for me, by myself....

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot more geocachers are going out as a group lately.

I was out of town over the weekend but got lots of notification messages from finds on 3-4 caches that I own. In one case, the logs essentially read "Out geocaching with aaaa, bbbb, and cccc" on four different caches. That was from just one person in the group. I also got basically the same logs from others in the group "Out caching with bbbb, cccc, and dddd. TFTC". I know that when I find a few caches, even if I can't come up with something unique for every log I at least try to tell a different story in logs for caches owned by the same person.

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one in the area that ever geocaches solo. Although I have gone geocaching with others on a few occasions I would guess that well over 95% of my finds were done solo. A few weeks ago I had a tough day with several DNFs and went past a relatively new cache on the way home and stopped for a brief look. It was a cache on a tank, and as many can attest, can be one of the most difficult hides. When I got home to log my DNFs, I noticed that almost all of the find logs were made by cachers that found it as part of groups, in one case with 8 different people searching for the cache, and subsequently gloating on making the difficult find. Does anyone that primarily caches solo feel at a disadvantage (or take some satisfaction on finding difficult caches solo when most of the finders do it as a group).

While I have nothing against caching in a small group I prefer caching solo. It is my time to myself. I have had fun caching with one or two others but it isn't as peaceful. Larger groups seem to take all the fun out of it. I've been with large groups a couple of times and it felt like I was a part of a herd. That is why I do little if any caching at events. Instead I use that time to socialize with fellow cachers.

But that is me. I know many cachers who prefer to hunt in a group. They are more social people than I. Where I prefer to do my socializing at events they prefer to do it every time they cache. Nothing wrong either way.

I seem to be hearing at least a couple of different things in your post. One, you're lamenting the quality of the logs. I have not personally seen that problem to be particularily connected to group caching very often, but I have.

I also hear you saying that it is easier to find a cache with more people looking for it. This I think is partially true, partially false. Or maybe I mean, "sometimes". At other times, the concentration actually seems to be diminished by the number of people doing the looking, as though everyone is expecting someone else to make the find.

I personally do not think that caching is a group sport. My own caching is pretty much split between solo outings and caching with one or two other friends. Any more than 3 in the group can fun on a rare occasion, but it is a completely different experience for me.

I almost always cache solo. The sense of achievement when you find a difficult cache solo is really nice, much better than just being along for the ride and having someone hand you the log book. At least that's been my experience.

But I agree Paddler, it does seem like there are more and more groups out caching, and they leave those lame logs most times too. "Found it with xxxx, yyyy, and zzzz". Good for you guys! How was the cache? Did you enjoy it? Etc etc etc. I think I started a thread about that. LOL :blink:

We prefer to cache with friends. Not a huge group 4 or 5. Much more and it gets too busy.

For me, I like the camaraderie and being with friends. If we're doing a hike, we all hike at different speeds, and go at our own pace. When we get to a stage or a cache, we'll all wait around then hike off together, getting separated as the hike progresses.

As far as one finding it first, that depends. If we're doing a numbers run and the caches are all quick types, whoever finds it first announces it so we can sign in and move on.

If the cache is more of an epic type or a multi and we're out to enjoy the experience rather than rack up numbers, once someone finds it, they'll casually walk away and then go sit down or stand aside. As more people find it, they do the same thing. The trick is to do it after you've walked around a bit after finding the cache so they don't know exactly where you found it and can't go right to that spot.

I only very rarely go caching with a group of other cachers. Most of the time I am with my family or by myself and there is but a single log.

As the owner of 120+ active caches - I can tell you how much I hate groups that come through and log nothing more than "Out caching with x y and z" Get 4 of those on each of the 20 caches of mine they hit and it gets pretty old real fast.

For some folks, it's a social event. I know a couple of older couples that always cache together as a "safety in numbers" sort of thing. Some of our caches can be a little strenuous, and it's nice to have someone along for one of those "just in case" moments. Lost one our charter members out here one year, and while it wasn't possible for his caching buddy to be of any help, it was good that he was there. billzjeep was on the trail geocaching with jeepers1&2 and suffered a massive heart attack. We have an annual CITO event in his honor.

I've probably done 80% of my caches solo, but have a buddy at work that also caches regularly, and we like to go out during lunch and grab a couple when we can. We also plan weekend bike runs when there's a long string of them somewhere. With two of us, we can drop a pickup vehicle at the other end! And then there's the "buddy system" - I don't think I'd consider some of the mountain caches out here in Colorado without two people. You get dinged up there, and there ain't no cell phone coverage to call someone to drag your sorry cache out of the woods :blink:

I usually go with my family. (Wife and 2 kids, 11 and 7.) Recently I went on a short camping/caching trip with other cachers and not my family. We went out and there were sometimes 7 of us. It really felt like "cheating" to me. I didn't find it. Most of the day there were only 6 and then later it went down to 3 of us. Three wasn't so bad, but it did not feel right in a group.

I go caching by myself alot, but I do have two or three good longtime friends that I like to take from time to time...

I go by myself alot as the others don't have the time when I do or just don't want to...

My wife and daughter won't go as there's no Air Condition in the woods and there are too many important shows on Cable each night.... God kknows I've invited them many times and still continue to do so...

I do most of my caching solo, but I always enjoy calling up a friend or two "hey, you want to go caching?"

I can think of only one time I went out in a group of seven (aside from events designed for group caching.) We became "The Magnificent Seven!" And a new cache came out of that. :blink:

I go caching by myself alot, but I do have two or three good longtime friends that I like to take from time to time...

I go by myself alot as the others don't have the time when I do or just don't want to...

My wife and daughter won't go as there's no Air Condition in the woods and there are too many important shows on Cable each night.... God kknows I've invited them many times and still continue to do so...

I'm pretty much in the same situation. I often don't know very far in advance when I will have the time to go so trying to coordinate it with the 1-2 other active local cachers in my town with their busy schedules is pretty difficult. It also doesn't help that they have 2-3 times as many finds as I do so finding a spot where we both haven't found caches (which is likely going to be 20-30 miles away) adds to the challenge.

About the only time I cache with my family is while we're traveling. Last time I went out caching with my family locally my son was ready to do something else after finding two caches. He'd rather stay at home and play computer games (he's six).

To Knowschad: I guess my OP did have a couple of issues and maybe those that cache as a group might think a little about writing a little more than "Out caching with a, b, and c" in their logs because everyone in the group is going to be logging that cache and the same log on all the caches can get pretty monotonous.

Whether caching as a group verses going solo provides an "advantage" may still be open for debate. I know that the few times I have caches with others I wasn't always the first in the group to find the cache and suspect that I wouldn't have nearly as many DNFs if I had 2, 4, or 6 more eyes looking for the cache.

I'm basically a loner at heart. That's why I'm not married and live alone. That said, I enjoy some company now and again and a friend and I will often take off on a bicycle caching run together on the weeknds. I also frequently do some caching after work as a way to unwind, but I prefer to be alone then. I spend all day at work pleasing people and dealing with compromise and I need to leave that at work when I punch out.

Pete

It also doesn't help that they have 2-3 times as many finds as I do so finding a spot where we both haven't found caches (which is likely going to be 20-30 miles away) adds to the challenge.

I went with another local cacher that I cache with when I am not caching with my family. He has about 6x more finds than I do. Anyway, we went out to find some caches for the Ohio State Parks geocaching challenge. There were some other caches nearby and I told him we didn't have to get them since he already had found them. He said "I don't know about you but I came here to cache, so let's cache!" For any that I hadn't found he would just come and enjoy watching me look.

I really liked/appreciated what he said. It gave me a warm feeling in my tummy. :D:blink:

I started out solo caching but now prefer to take at LEAST one other person. Helps break up the monotony of driving (which I totally despise) but also gives me someone to talk to. I've introduced a lot of people to caching (mostly teens that don't drive) and they're always begging me to take them caching. I try to take them to keep them interested.

I still cache solo......and it can be great if I'm on a difficult terrain rating. I'm hard-headed and want the find and don't wanna hear people complain about the heat/hills/ticks/thorns/snakes.

Generally, I cache with my caching partner. Though I do have about 400 finds more than he does. We have gone on trips with one of my brothers, or one of my sisters, or both. (See DeLorme Invasion of Maine.) (Or the BCD Map Coloring Expedition.) It's a group effort, and the finds are one-for-all. We try to leave as good a log as on other caches. (Which might not be saying much...) But when you get to the motel, and you cannot remember which lamp post is was, don't expect too much. :blink:

On the other fin, I've seen some doleful remarks from cache owners of some difficult mystery caches, when the out-of-state group of seven or nine invades. "Out caching with S, E, V, E, N and 9." With no comments on the quality of the mystery. One solved the puzzle, the rest are basking in the glory.

Solo - I tried to get the wife into it, but no dice, none of my friends are really into it and the dog and kid are still too young. It occurred to me as I was out the other day on some particularly treacherous terrain that it would have been nice to have someone along, if only to point out my body to the cops.

That said, when I do go on trails (which is often), I leave my cell phone # and the trail I'm on in my windshield and leave a list of the caches I'm searching at home with the wife.

I found my fist six hundred or so alone, then developed a circle of friends in our local Alabama Geocachers Association and in the US national geocachers groups at events, so now I very rarely cache alone, of the last 2000 finds I doubt that I found 200 alone.

I found that the camaraderie and adventure of being with others is what I enjoy more than finding the cache... in fact I would be content if I never saw another cache as long as I could be out and about with cachers!

I had a blast finding 11 caches yesterday along miles of seriously rough power line and sloggy forest service roads where it would be insane to go by yourself. With two 4wd vehicles in case one got stuck it was an exciting adventure... alone it would have been a dangerous PITA.

We were strangers when we met at certain coords in the morning and friends planning an event and more caching by the time we parted in the afternoon.

Great stuff! :blink:

Group caching is another reason you cannot compare cache find numbers. Who finds? One! Who gets credit....all! I prefer a small group, like one or two. Now parties are another thing, the more the merrier! Parties meet my social needs not group geocaching. The only exception is when I geocache with my grandkids, that's the best fun! :blink:

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Group caching is another reason you cannot compare cache find numbers. Who finds? One! Who gets credit....all!

Like the one fella climbs the tree on a 1/5 cache and signs the log for the other cachers on the ground.

Amen.

Whenever I have come across a cache while in a group (only happened twice) I signed my own.

That is where I am a purist. If "I" don't sign, "I" don't log a find.

Group caching is another reason you cannot compare cache find numbers. Who finds? One! Who gets credit....all!

I suppose that's true... if getting credit for something is important to you then group caching would not be much fun.

Group caching can only be fun if the answer to "Who found it?" and "Who gets credit?" is "Who cares!"

I am new to the sport and also new to the area so that means I go it alone. I really enjoy the peace and quiet. That said there are times I think it would be a lot of fun to go with a group just for laughs and company. Being retired can mean a lot of time alone.

I am new to the sport and also new to the area so that means I go it alone. I really enjoy the peace and quiet. That said there are times I think it would be a lot of fun to go with a group just for laughs and company. Being retired can mean a lot of time alone.

Do a search for events in your area. You will meet a bunch of people who are interested in geocaching just like you. What's a better way to meet locals in your new home area?

I found this one by centering a PQ search on one of your finds.

Countdown to 40.... The Event.

yeah i hate group finds as they're almost always copy/paste logs

You are likely confusing numbers runs with group caching. I have not seen any relationship between group caching and logging prose, I see a lot (and do a lot) of cut-and-paste after numbers runs.

Just what is the definition of "Group"? 2? 3? 5? A van full?

Sure, alone means only 1, solo, no one else, but I prefer the company of someone else. That person or persons give me someone to talk to, to bounce ideas off of, and most importantly a safety person if something should happen to any of us.

For those who rarely leave an urban area for caching, solo caching may be just great. For those of us that head for the hills, and in Colorado some of those hills can be very unforgiving, it's a matter of safety and fun. I happen to like sharing places I know of with others that may not have been there.

I hear where you're coming from. I geocache with only my husband. It's just the two of us searching for a cache and we only write one log and I do the logging in and will usually say 'hubby found this one' or sometimes he did a couple solo caches. I know when I read some logs I hear "Caching with so&so and so&so and so&so found it." I'm not against groups going out together, but I get tired of reading their same entries: "out with X today." Some must cut & paste their logs because they're so boring. Oh well, what can you do?

Just what is the definition of "Group"? 2? 3? 5? A van full?

Sure, alone means only 1, solo, no one else, but I prefer the company of someone else. That person or persons give me someone to talk to, to bounce ideas off of, and most importantly a safety person if something should happen to any of us.

For those who rarely leave an urban area for caching, solo caching may be just great. For those of us that head for the hills, and in Colorado some of those hills can be very unforgiving, it's a matter of safety and fun. I happen to like sharing places I know of with others that may not have been there.

In the context of my OP I considered a group to be more that 2 but I've frequently seen logs from groups of 5 or more. More often than not, every log mentions everyone else that they were caching with at time.

Even though I am not as reckless and carefree as I was when I was younger I used to frequently "head for the hills" by myself (mostly in the high country of the Sierra Nevada) for 2-3 days at a time. I still very much enjoy going out in the middle of nowhere where nobody else is around.

About 25% of my finds are solo, another 30-40% are me with one or both of my kids and the rest are with other family members and/or friends. I have a couple of friends who have kids the same ages as my kids so we'll often get together on an evening and go out and find a handful of caches.

Unless time is getting short for us we'll often move away from the cache and then announce that we've found it. That way the others still have the opportunity to find the cache as well.

Even when posting logs for caches that I've found with the group I do my best to leave an interesting log. Typing meaningful field notes on my Oregon certainly helps me recall enough details to help with that.

Some co-cachers and I just hit 25 caches in a semi-remote area, and I wrote a different log for every single one of them, but that's because I like to write. I wouldn't have gone out there by myself; I've discovered I'm not a big fan of "drive to cache. Find. Sign. Drive to next cache." But that day was as much about friendship as it was about caches and I had a blast. When I logged the caches, I dropped the "was with A and B and C" since it was going to be obvious for each cache we were together, and just mentioned which of us found the cache.

I hike and cache alone in regional parks because I like the peace and quiet, because I'm the only willing hiker in our family, and because some of my co-cachers have health issues with hiking terrains or duration.

I *don't* hunt for (sub)urban hides solo, because I'm really muggle-sensitive and feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when searching certain places alone. But if I'm with my tweenagers or another cacher, no one cares.

My tweens like caching if we have a friend along, be it one of my friends or one of theirs. Otherwise it falls into the category of "Mom dragging us somewhere again" and they get bored.

I agree that more people are viewing caching as a social activity instead of a lone wolf one. I enjoy them both. On an all day run it is more fun to share stories and laugh with friends. There is even a section in our NCGO forums called "Let's Go Caching" where anyone who wants to hook up with other cachers can post their plans and a group will form.

I don't care for the cookie cutter lame logs either, but can't do much about how others behave so I don't let it bother me.

As the owner of 120+ active caches - I can tell you how much I hate groups that come through and log nothing more than "Out caching with x y and z" Get 4 of those on each of the 20 caches of mine they hit and it gets pretty old real fast.

I usually start off with "Found while in the area with friends" and end with "Thanks for the cache!"

I'm not a prolific writer but will usually try to say something about the area, the cache, the view...something to personalize it a bit.

But, sometimes that's tough. Like this weekend, we did 30 new caches, all hidden by in historic cemeteries. Some were easy to write different things about, but for some, there's only so many ways you can say "Nice cemetery" "lots of history here" "tricky hide" "great cemetery with all the revolutionary soldiers buried here" before they all sound sort of cut and paste.

Hey folks,

I am an old man who seems to have little in common with his closest frineds - his family. I have had the same wife (my only one) since 1964, two daughters, and four grandchildren. I have always been interested in shooting sports such as breaking clay birds and reloading many different calibers of ammunition and fishing. Not one of my family members noted above have any interest in shooting or fishing. They really only come alive if they see an object that rolls, bounces, or gets hit or whatever. I used to coach my daughters in soccer and softball, but now I have four grandchildren, and there is no end to game after game after game. As soon as football is done, there is basketball, then its baseball and on and on. How much ball watching can a person take?

This past February I was introduced to Geocaching while my wife and I were wintering in Florida (I know, I know, I got a break from the ball bouncing stuff while in Florida). I was immediately captivated by Geocaching and thought I had found something the grandchildren might like. Wrong! The GPS unit just does not bouce or fly off a baseball bat well. The kids went out with me twice so far, but they are quits in very short order. My wife's idea of Geocaching with me is to sit in the car telling me to look here or there.

So, after that long tale of woe, I guess I would say I am mostly a solo cacher. Would I like to actively cache with someone else? Absolutely. There is no doubt in my mind that four eyes looking for a cache would be a lot better than my two, and I think I would enjoy caching with another couple if my wife would go along with it. Not much chance of that, however.

My wife may not like to go caching with me, but she is a good cook. I, on the other hand, do not cook nor do I want to cook. So... I guess I will continue to cache solo and consider myself lucky that I have that dear sweet girl to feed me and keep me company otherwise.

Sorry, but I have to go now. My wife informed me that one of the grandchildren has a ball game somewhere, and we have to pick another one up to take along to the game. Maybe there will be a cache nearby?

Best wishes,

Dave Wile

I agree that more people are viewing caching as a social activity instead of a lone wolf one. I enjoy them both. On an all day run it is more fun to share stories and laugh with friends. There is even a section in our NCGO forums called "Let's Go Caching" where anyone who wants to hook up with other cachers can post their plans and a group will form.

There's a section like that in the CT forums called "Group Caching."

Last winter, a cacher put out a series called the 7 deadly sins. The caches were long & challenging and they become the "goto" group caches. Every weekend a group would get together and head off to do one of the sins and any other caches nearby.

It was a great time! Things that happened during the hikes still come up and make everyone laugh and remember the good times we had together. It wasn't about numbers or lots of finds. It was about the fun we had together, sometimes plopping down into the snow to make snow angels or having an impromptu snowball fight in the woods or making a big snowman to guide people along the trail.

I don't care for the cookie cutter lame logs either, but can't do much about how others behave so I don't let it bother me.

First, regarding the"Let's Go Geocaching" (and the CT forum mentioned later) forum. There just isn't a large enough community around here to support a forum. There is an informal group that has a mailing list that's mostly centered around an area about an hour from here. It's not real active. The mailing list might get 2-3 messages a week, and sometimes goes for several weeks with a post.

There *used* to be a NYGO (New York Geocaching Organization) group but it was disbanded in April.

It's nice for those that live in large geocaching communities to have forums and massive PAF networks but it just doesn't work that way everywhere.

Regarding the cookie cutter logs:

Sorry, I just can't condone such a passive approach as you're suggesting. I'm not sure why be this seems to be a common response for things one doesn't care for about the game. Don't like LPC micros? Just ignore them. Puzzles too hard? Put them on an ignore list and pretend that they don't exist. I disagree with the notion that you can't do much about others behave. Ignoring how others behave will certainly have no effect on changing undesirable behavior. Maybe it won't have a significant impact, but perhaps if a few people spoke out about how much they disliked cookie cutter logs, maybe a few people might think twice about expending a little more thought into their logs and game will be improved for some.

i find that caching alone takes more time than caching as a group.

alone, i have to do all the navigation and finding for myself. with a group we blow through caches a lot quicker.

either way, i promise to write my own logs. for every cache.

To Knowschad: I guess my OP did have a couple of issues and maybe those that cache as a group might think a little about writing a little more than "Out caching with a, b, and c" in their logs because everyone in the group is going to be logging that cache and the same log on all the caches can get pretty monotonous.

There's another angle to this log thing, too. For those who thoroughly enjoy group caching, that "found w/ a, b and c" log may speak to the fact that your cache provided an opportunity for that group to be hanging out together, engaged in an activity they enjoy.

I know that when I get the opportunity to cache with my one or two good caching friends, I appreciate it that much more. Who cares about who makes the find, or counts, or any of that stuff. I got to spend time w/ good people getting fresh air and exercise (and sometimes some killer views).

True, a little effort could be made to make the log something other than an exact copy/paste scenario, but not all are good with the written word, and even fewer (I would argue) are aware of how such logs can be taken by the cache owner.

The theme to this thread seems to be that caching is what you make of it.

If group caching is your thing, so be it. Only like solo caching, or a combination of both, it's your choice!

A bit like Calvinball really, you make your own rules for caching, so long as you find the cache and sign the log, the rest is up to you.

I used to cache a fair bit with my family, and occasionly with friends, but I like the thrill of a solo find, knowing that I did it all on my own, without any outside help, (apart from a phone a friend once!).

I have been looking at a 5/5 recently, and that is one where I will forgo the solo frill and opt for some safety in numbers.

Happy caching to all....

Different folks, different strokes. Extraverts will tend to prefer groups. Intraverts will tend to prefer solo or just one companion. One of the nice things about geocaching is that it can encompass such a variety of people. I like that variety.

I like my friends and I like hiking alone. Mostly I tend to do the latter, just because my pace usually varies too much from others (and my wife isn't well enough to hike with me). For me, caching is something that I add on to hiking, and I'm comfortable hiking far into the wilderness. That reduces the possible companion pool. My schedule also works against group activities.

I think I have an advantage in logging due to going alone, because I spend a lot of my time thinking about where I am and what I want to say about it. If I want to stop for ten minutes to take some good pictures, I'm not holding anyone up. When I'm with someone else, I feel a pressure to keep up with the group, even if I'd prefer to stop and make some notes about the cache. Like flask, I like to tell the story of my day and link my logs for the day together.

I figure that people in groups, especially groups of half a dozen or more, spend most of their time talking to the others in the group -- I certainly would! This leaves them without the words prepared for writing the logs.

But writing is also a highly variable skill. I see tnlnsl tftc from solo cachers. I see unique (albeit one-line) logs from cachers with many thousands of finds, showing that they remembered something about the cache long enough to log it (or at least to make a note about it). I see group cachers who say found with a&b&c&d but who also tell the story of their day. And as someone else posted, to many the group IS important, and recognizing their companions is part of the hunt.

Yes, of course I end up with more DNFs and spend more time finding the caches because I go alone. I don't think there's any possible question about it. I'm not the quickest at finding. Wasted way too much time last weekend on two micros in the woods, which I wouldn't have bothered with at all except that they are part of a challenge -- which I helped to set up. :D OTOH, when I finish that challenge, I'll have found more of them personally than all but one of the finishers so far. I'll enjoy that too.

I also have almost 400 finds and can remember almost every one. That would be a lot harder if a lot of them were group finds.

Edward

Edited by paleolith

I do most of my caching alone or with one(two) other cacher(s). I've only been caching in a large group a few times...once was a 24 Hour caching run, the other was a night cache (when you really should be in a group for safety, plus it's more fun as a group).

Just like micro vs regular and hike vs P&G...caching solo vs group is what makes this game great, you can do it the way you want/like! :D

I don't care what kind of logs people write on my caches.

I've felt fortunate to have hidden an easy one that I get tons of "first finds" on.

I have a lot of people use my cache as their first find.

those logs are the most precious.

I don't care if I get a lot of lame logs. those make up for it!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes cache alone, but usually with my geopartner.

Two is much easier and safer. I've never done it with a group. Don't think I'd like it.

Been to an event here with other cachers but they were really friendly to those they knew already, not me.

My favorite caches are the boat caches. There are a lot here. One cache takes all day. Wouldn't mind going with others. I'd cache with others for that. Wish we knew more.