Geocoin not logged - what now?

luckyNo13

I went to a cache today that was supposed to have a TB in it. When i got there, it had been picked up 2 days ago and noted in the log book only (i checked geocaching maps before i left). I was a bit disappointed as it was going to be my first TB. Anyway i moved on to the next cache and in there was a Geocoin (my first). When i got home i looked it up and it has been logged as being picked up at the beginning of the month, but no log has been left for dropping him off yet.

How long do people normally wait before logging items and if it is not logged - how do i show that i'm now in possession of the coin?

Thanks

Well... I normally wait about a week.

If it doesn't get logged into the cache after that time, you could either email the cacher who has it showing in their possession and give them a friendly 'nudge' to drop it off into the cache

OR

You can use the tracking number of the coin to do a "grab it" log which will bring the coin into your possession.

You could then 'dip' the coin in and out of the cache you took it from, just to keep its mileage accurate.

MrsB

Well... I normally wait about a week.

If it doesn't get logged into the cache after that time, you could either email the cacher who has it showing in their possession and give them a friendly 'nudge' to drop it off into the cache

OR

You can use the tracking number of the coin to do a "grab it" log which will bring the coin into your possession.

You could then 'dip' the coin in and out of the cache you took it from, just to keep its mileage accurate.

MrsB

Thanks for the swift reply! I will wait a few days then and see if it has been logged and if not 'grab it' as you suggest. :blink:

Give it a couple of days/a week/2 weeks.

Along the same lines as MrsB

If you want to go caching and drop off a TB/coin, "grab" it, then drop it in the cache you found it, then "retrieve" it.

Any logs by other cachers that haven't logged yet will be added around your log.

Always best to say on the cache page if you grab a traveller -post a 'note' if you've already logged the cache- and say on the TB/coin page.

If you collect a traveller that hasn't been logged yet, a note on the TB/coin page lets the owner know where it is.

(There is a UK side to these forums here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35.

Nothing wrong with posting here, and they are friendly, but they are a few hours -timewise- behind the UK, and it's always nice to have a UK perspective/reply to a question. )

Give it a couple of days/a week/2 weeks.

Along the same lines as MrsB

If you want to go caching and drop off a TB/coin, "grab" it, then drop it in the cache you found it, then "retrieve" it.

Any logs by other cachers that haven't logged yet will be added around your log.

Always best to say on the cache page if you grab a traveller -post a 'note' if you've already logged the cache- and say on the TB/coin page.

If you collect a traveller that hasn't been logged yet, a note on the TB/coin page lets the owner know where it is.

(There is a UK side to these forums here: <a href="http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35" target="_blank">http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35</a>.

Nothing wrong with posting here, and they are friendly, but they are a few hours -timewise- behind the UK, and it's always nice to have a UK perspective/reply to a question. )

Thanks for the advice - i will leave a note re the coin. :blink: