log text box

rdmnks

Every time I enter a log or note, I have to scroll down to hit the submit button. I don't think I have ever filled the huge box that comes up for a log. Is there a way to have the box show up with only a few lines? Seems like a lot of extra scrolling and mousing that isn't needed. I notice this the most after I do numbers runs and have to log lots of caches. Any ideas?

Write longer logs......

Use a computer with a larger screen.

Increase your screen resolution.

or....

Just hit your enter key after typing - no need to scroll and click. :P

I you want to do the enter key bit you better hit the "tab" key about four times first.

Use Prime Suspect's Greasemonkey script for the logging page, if you run Firefox. It allows you to resize the text box. It also hides the trackables dialog box.

That's the setup I have. I do run Firefox and loaded Greasemonkey. How do I change the text box size? Do I have to edit the script?

Use Prime Suspect's Greasemonkey script for the logging page, if you run Firefox. It allows you to resize the text box. It also hides the trackables dialog box.

That's the setup I have. I do run Firefox and loaded Greasemonkey. How do I change the text box size? Do I have to edit the script?

Solved it! I loaded Log Maximizer. Thanks for the nudge.

It turns out the OP is using Lil Devil's bag o tricks script and the big log window it created took over the tiny-sized netbook screen and made for lots of scrolling. It didn't have anything to do with writing a bigger log.

Are there any conflicts between using bag o tricks and the log maximizer window since they both do the same thing?

This does not bother me. Write log, scroll down, hit submit.

We have to do the same thing for making forum posts anyways.

Write forum post, scroll down, hit "add reply"

It's routine for me that I thinking nothing of it.

I don't see a problem.