Introducing New Geocacher and New Geocoin

celticgeocacher

I have an antique silver/copper version without enamel and polished copper without enamel.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2569153

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2569133

And I have the antique copper version without enamel. I haven't activated it yet, but I'll post the link here when I do. I especially like this one because it's a single metal, which produces a rather different visual effect than the others, and I'm especially into Celtic designs with relief.

I, too, am planning my own Celtic geocoin/geotoken, though it will be smaller. I'm studying what's out there, though, and bought this particular version for its study value. I also have three other (enamelled) versions, counting what I ordered today.

Rudy

Edited by Ceolmhor

Hi fellow geocachers and coin collectors,

I'm glad you ALL will have a chance to get at least one version of my coin. Emma has promised that the antique gold regular version will be minted in unlimited quantities so everyone will have a BOOK OF KELLS in their collection. She says it will take another 4 weeks because of the glitch at the mint but they will arrive, never fear.

celticgeocacher

In my previous post, I should have said, nickel w/ antique gold SE. :laughing:

Following is what I understand to be the breakdown of all current & future versions (please update and correct this list).

Antique Gold w/ Nickel 2-Tone RE

Nickel w/ Antique Gold SE (200)

Antique Silver LE (175)

Satin Gold XLE or AE (?)

The Satin Gold, as I understand it, is both XLE and AE. The XLE was in a mint of 50 which is sold out and my AE or "artist's proof" version in the satin gold is slightly different than the XLE. The Antique silver was in mint and remint of 175 which is also sold out. I also have an "artist proof" edition which is slightly different from the 175 mint and remint edition. There will be a nickel 2-tone in an edition of 200 and an unlimited run of the antique gold w/nickel 2-tone for which orders are currently being accepted on Geoswag. Everybody has a chance on this one which pleases me!

celticgeocacher

Sad News :P

During the week or so that I was preparing to move to New York my apartment was broken into and almost a complete set of my Book of Kells coins was stolen. As I only had 5 of each type of metal and/or enamel minted and have sold or traded most of what I had, this represents a significant loss to me, to my personal collection and to me as an investment. Since only a few people that I knew in Bar Harbor, Maine, even knew about the sport of geocaching much less that I had designed a coin for the sport it limits the list of suspects to two or three people and I know all of them very well. Furthermore, most of them have access to the forums and keep track of this thread. I am asking you, in the name of honesty, to return my coins. No questions asked.

In hope and also in sadness,

celticgeocacher

Oh, that's really terrible. Such beautiful items, to be stolen by someone who probably can't begin to understand their sentimental value. (Especially in a small town!)

I just received my second coin -- now I have one of each, hurray -- and I know I would be upset if I lost them. I can't imagine the anger and sadness if they were my creation and were stolen.

It's gracious of you to make the offer; I hope the person in question is smart enough to seize the opportunity.

- Will

Sad News :(

During the week or so that I was preparing to move to New York my apartment was broken into and almost a complete set of my Book of Kells coins was stolen. As I only had 5 of each type of metal and/or enamel minted and have sold or traded most of what I had, this represents a significant loss to me, to my personal collection and to me as an investment. Since only a few people that I knew in Bar Harbor, Maine, even knew about the sport of geocaching much less that I had designed a coin for the sport it limits the list of suspects to two or three people and I know all of them very well. Furthermore, most of them have access to the forums and keep track of this thread. I am asking you, in the name of honesty, to return my coins. No questions asked.

In hope and also in sadness,

celticgeocacher

Just the set of coins? Nothing else? This couldn't be a coincedence? Not a misplacement?

I hope you get your coins back and the thieve(s) gets his/her punishment.

Please do not accuse your fellow geocachers of something you cannot prove, in a public forum. If your apartment was broken into, you should have contacted the authorities, and filed a report. You don't bring it to the forums.

I'm sorry for your loss, but this is not the place to deal with it. Maybe they are misplaced, and will turn up. Was anything else taken? File a report.