How many FTF finds have you had?

I don't have one of the fancy phones that beeps when you get an e-mail, so I find new cache postings too late.

I too am without a fancy beeping phone...or...I just don't know how to get it to do that lol

People get messages on their phone for published notifications? :P

I think that warrants a membership to GCA.

Zero, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't begrudge the FTFers for hunting them, it's just not for me. That said, I don't get people that say that they feel shut out of FTFs since all three (!!) of my caches languished for days before someone found them.

Zero, but I don't see what the big deal is. I don't begrudge the FTFers for hunting them, it's just not for me. That said, I don't get people that say that they feel shut out of FTFs since all three (!!) of my caches languished for days before someone found them.

I think I have 5. I never bothered to check for sure.

Why do people make a big deal out of FTF? Probably because they are denying someone else of the FTF. It's human nature to want to be the first at something. The guy with the first of a given model year of car. The first guy on the block with the newest CPU in his computer. The guy with the bigger boat mentality.

The only other reason to be that much into FTFs is because some people place a "prize" in their cache for the FTF. I'm sure those who have hundreds of FTFs have picked up some free cash, unactivated trackables, Starbucks coffee coupons, etc.

For me, the FTF is a personal triumph since I am usually late for everything, being first is overcoming my shortcoming. Small victory but its a personal one.

Several. I enjoy them, but I don't keep track of them. Four that I relish!

Then there was one that got away... Thanks for reminding me, cerberus1! Cold icy day in Westfall, Pa. We both showed up looking. Neither of us was going to leave until it was found! (Or the other went away...) He's good! I'm proud to claim the Second to Find on that one!

All of the caches we have found have been FTF. When we find a cache it is the First Time Found by us. :P

I like your way of thinking. :)

We have a bunch of FTFs, but I don't know how many. We don't keep track. Out rural around here, we sometimes have new caches which will sit for days with no finds before anyone gets to them.

I think I have 5. I never bothered to check for sure.

Why do people make a big deal out of FTF? Probably because they are denying someone else of the FTF. It's human nature to want to be the first at something. The guy with the first of a given model year of car. The first guy on the block with the newest CPU in his computer. The guy with the bigger boat mentality.

The only other reason to be that much into FTFs is because some people place a "prize" in their cache for the FTF. I'm sure those who have hundreds of FTFs have picked up some free cash, unactivated trackables, Starbucks coffee coupons, etc.

For me, the FTF is a personal triumph since I am usually late for everything, being first is overcoming my shortcoming. Small victory but its a personal one.

It's not so much a big deal......I like it for several reasons. First, to answer the OP's question, I guess I have 30+ FTF's. I don't keep count of them. I obsess over stuff and don't need another obsession! I like going for FTF's because you find the cache the way it was inteded to be found. NO geo-trails that lead you to the cache....no "scorched earth" areas from previous cachers.......FTF's prizes can be nice but I also hope to get sig items!!! I also get to meet other CACHERS!!! It's fun to meet other people who dhare the same obsession as myself.

I never kept track so I have no idea, but I will always remember checking my email early one morning to find a series of 12 new caches published along miles of dirt forest service road.

I called a buddy who met me at the first of the series. On the way we got a call from another group who was on the way - it was on!

Turns out they started at the end and worked backward, we met in the middle. Six FTFs for each group!

That was fun. :)

I think two, not by hitting refresh on the search page over and over, we just happened to be there first. It was kinda fun being FTF.. I admire people's dedication to go out in the middle of the night and be FTF, but it's just not for me.

:)

Hmmm, Don't really Know (No Score Kept) But All In All A Bunch. Back In The "Day" (02-04). My caching friend and my self, would set around our coffee place, and watch a new cache for 2-3-4 days before we'd make the decision to go get it before it spoiled........ Yes Those Days Are Gone, Here In Yuma, AZ. When A New Cache Comes Out.....The Switch Board Lights-Up (Black-Berrys) A-Ringing. Althrough We Still Snipe One Once In A while, to let the Young Fellows Know Us Old Dogs Are Still Around

Last Shared "FTF"

Edited by GIDEON-X

118 out of 1060 finds.

I no longer get the notifications on my blackberry but I still manage to get out to find just as many. It is a mind set you have to have if that is what you want to do. I have FTFs in five states and Canada. I once drove 60-70 miles to get an FTF. The most memorable set of FTFs was three I got one morning while on vacation in Canada. Total drive was 30+ kilometers in morning rush hour. One was even DNF'd minutes before I got there.

Just like racking up numbers or clearing a radius or trying to improve your D/T average, it is how you choose to play the game.

Loch Cache

Admitted FTF Hound