Gift Certificate Problem

gbkbrv

I sent a gift certificate to a friend and paid for it with Paypal on the morning of the 23rd. Everything went fine until I got the receipt and saw that the certificate had gone to a total stranger along with a message in a language I do not understand and not to the friend I was trying to send it to. The email of my friend is not even close to the same as the email of the person who received the gift certificate. There is no way I made this mistake and I am wondering how something like this could happen.

I immediately contacted Geocaching support and received the usual form letter but have heard nothing since then. Shouldn't someone have emailed me and had this fixed by now or am I expecting too much too soon? It is really frustrating not knowing how this could happen and when my friend will get his gift certificate.

I sent a gift certificate to a friend and paid for it with Paypal on the morning of the 23rd. Everything went fine until I got the receipt and saw that the certificate had gone to a total stranger along with a message in a language I do not understand and not to the friend I was trying to send it to. The email of my friend is not even close to the same as the email of the person who received the gift certificate. There is no way I made this mistake and I am wondering how something like this could happen.

I immediately contacted Geocaching support and received the usual form letter but have heard nothing since then. Shouldn't someone have emailed me and had this fixed by now or am I expecting too much too soon? It is really frustrating not knowing how this could happen and when my friend will get his gift certificate.

Give Groundspeak support a day or two and then try e-mailing them again.

There isn't much we can do to help here on the forums.

For anyone who has purchased a Gift Certificate that did not reach the intended recipient, please contact us at contact@geocaching.com with the details and all will be put right.

For anyone else, we have a fix for this problem of certificates being sent to the wrong person coming up in the next release. We're very sorry for the crossed wires and confusion.

For anyone who has purchased a Gift Certificate that did not reach the intended recipient, please contact us at contact@geocaching.com with the details and all will be put right.

For anyone else, we have a fix for this problem of certificates being sent to the wrong person coming up in the next release. We're very sorry for the crossed wires and confusion.

And me to the list of buying a gift cert. tonight and it was sent to the wrong person. So I guess the fix has not been released yet. I sent an email to Groundspeak right away tonight but the bad part is the it was for her birthday gift for tomorrow. Hopefully they can get it fixed before tomorrow.

After 9(!) full days no refunds, no new certificate for my friend, no solution and the system error still exists.

I am very disappointed!

Regards

Alphawölfe

Our customer support has been in contact with you and requested more information, which you kindly provided last Friday. Although 2 business days to respond is nothing to brag about, it falls fair short of the 9 days you mention. Perhaps because we do not answer inquiries on the weekend it has seemed longer.

We take these issues seriously and will not close your case until a resolution has been reached to your satisfaction. This is our policy with all of our customers. I would just ask that you please be patient with us and trust that you will not be forgotten.