Garmin City Navigator NT maps question

Hi again -

I'm really doing my research on garmin maps before I drop the cash -

I currently use an older version of routable maps installed on my PC and GPS Map 60Cx - City Select North America V6.

Does anyone know if I could just buy the City Navigator NT 2009 or 2010 update DVD and update that older product? Obviously, the update DVDs are cheaper than the full versions.

My guess is NO, but I thought it worth a shot.

Everyone's help has been awesome. Thank you.

NT upgrade works for NT versions only, IMHO.

Garmin shows no upgrade for my 60Cx with City Nav 2009 maps (non NT)

Yes, one thing I did also notice was that the upgrade DVDs on E-Bay specified updates to pre-loaded maps only. The 60Cx has always required us to load maps from our PCs or use a pre-programmed card.

One reply suggested e-mailing or calling Garmin. I should because they have been helpful in the past and I don't remember wait times being unreasonably long. Maybe they can work out an update for me.

I'm trying to save coin on maps for the 60 Cx because eventually, I will get a Nuvi. I already paid full price for the City Select maps 3 years ago for this unit. I'm just finding the city select maps are missing entirely too much lately.