What is typical response time from Contact Us link?

DarkBeer

Apologies in advance if this is not the proper section.

I followed the link to upgrade my basic membership to premium on Sunday afternoon. After submitting my credit card information and clicking next to move to the next step, I received an error box telling me I needed to log in. I was already logged in, but I logged out and in again. At this point I was back to entering my information again, however all my address info was still filled out in the form. Before entering my card information again, I decided to look at my bank account and see if the previous entry had posted. It showed as a pending transaction, and later posted as a completed transaction on Monday night. I followed the contact us link and explained the situation, but still haven't heard anything back. Would like to be able to take advantage of the premium membership features, but don't want to spend $60 to do it. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes to get a response from the contact us link?

Thanks!

To correct my original post, I tried to sign up on Saturday night 7/18, and have an email from GS from my contact form at 11:20pm EDT. I'll wait another day, but a that point I feel I'm going to have to contest the charge to get my money back, then try again I guess.

I'm not quite understanding your issue, sorry. There are a number of Knowledgebase articles on Premium Membership, here

One of the articles says, in part, "I already paid. Where is my Subscription ID or S-#?

The answers depend on what web site you used to make your payment.

If you made your payment using a credit card with the Shop Groundspeak (http://store.Groundspeak.com), please give us two business days to fulfill the order."

Perhaps this helps. In any case, you will hear back on your email to contact@geocaching.com in a few days, most likely.

My purchase was done through https://www.geocaching.com/Membership/premium.aspx

After plugging in my credit card info and hitting the button for continue to next step, I received an error telling me I needed to log in again. It already showed me as logged in, but I went ahead and logged out and back in again. I started to fill in my payment information again, but decided to check and see if the first attempt had been processed. When I checked with my bank website, it was posted as a pending transaction. At that point I used the contact us link to ask if that transaction was complete on Groundspeak's end. No sense in paying $60 for a $30 membership. That transaction has since moved from pending to cleared, so I have a $30 charge, but my account still shows as basic. The purpose for my original post was to try and get a feel for how long I should wait for someone to fix the issue before I contest the charge and start over.

The Knowledgebase article covers how to get the S# if you used Paypal as payment, but I apparently can't retrieve that info for a credit card transaction. I will follow up again with the original email I received back when I created the issue, and if I don't hear back from that soon I will just try again after I get a credit for the original charge.