Oregon 300 problem

Insp Gadget

There is only one Wherigo cartridge in New Brunswick. Twice I have driven the 2 hours from my home to the start point and both times the Oregon freezes up whenever I arrive at the start point!!! I have the latest firmware. What's going on??? I have never played a Wherigo cartridge before and would love to but I'm sure not driving back and forth constantly to try it!

OK can you play any of the "play anywhere" cartridges?

Some things I've seen that seem to cause problems include, having additional maps installed to the internal memory (should be on the SD card) having a lot of waypoints/caches loaded and having an older version of the GPS software on your machine.

Try a couple play anywhere's, if they run fine, it could be the cartridge itself. There are some out there that run well on the pocket pc and Colorado, but crash the Oregon.

There is only one Wherigo cartridge in New Brunswick. Twice I have driven the 2 hours from my home to the start point and both times the Oregon freezes up whenever I arrive at the start point!!! I have the latest firmware. What's going on??? I have never played a Wherigo cartridge before and would love to but I'm sure not driving back and forth constantly to try it!

This problem occured with my own Cartridge I've builded. The emulator could play it with no problem, but my Oregon 300 would shut itself off after exiting the first zone.

Pictures in the cartridge were too heavy. I changed few Media with lighter pictures and Oregon can now play the cartridge on the field.

Maybe the cartridge your're trying to play is too heavy. I'd say that more than 1mb, Oregon's cannot take them.