Terre Haute IN Caches?

MSalisbury

I will be back home in Terre Haute the first two weeks of August, and bringing my girlfriend up from Atlanta GA. In addition to showing her around the old stomping grounds I would like to do some caching with her. Are there any "Must See" caches in and around the Terre Haute/ East Illinois area? My Mom lives over near Marshall, and we'll also be hitting the Marshall / Paris area one day. I've been collecting TB's to drop off as well, have about a dozen or so, so regular caches would be appreciated more than garden variety LPS's

We are planning on making a run up to Turkey Run one day to find the oldest active cache in Indiana, but what others are just fun to hunt for? No spelunking or mountain climbing - unfortunately she just had knee surgery so have to keep the terrain down in the 1.5-2 range.

All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mark "msalisbury"

</ Crickets chirping> 33 views and not a single response? Beuhler? Beuhler?

Wow. Would have thought there might be a FEW caches that would be recommended in the area. Guess we'll just wander around and see what we can find.

Thanks

Hello! You might want to check out the Wabash Valley Geocachers forum and post there. A lot more locals are active on that sight than here.

http://www.freeforum101.com/wabashvalleygeo/

Clay

</ Crickets chirping> 33 views and not a single response? Beuhler? Beuhler?

Wow. Would have thought there might be a FEW caches that would be recommended in the area. Guess we'll just wander around and see what we can find.

Thanks

Lol, its "Bueller".

Sorry for being a smartass. It bugged me.

Well, never made it up to Turkey Run, but hit some cool caches in Terre Haute, got all of the ones over in Marshall IL, plus the two around the corner from my Mom's place, and a handful in Paris IL. Visited some really cool (if that's the phrase) cemetary caches. Got down to Moonshine IL for lunch (OMG - such a crowd, on a rainy day while everyone was staying inside trying to eat), down to Earl's in West Union for some of the best fried catfish I've ever put in my mouth. Goit to take my daughter and my girl-friend around the ISU campus, althoughit certainly has changed a lot since I was last there. I even got to grab a few heading towards Bloomington IN.

I found it interesting how the caches were differant than what I've come to expect caching down in the South. Not better or worse, just a slightly differant flavor. Not as many Lamp-post caches (Not a bad thing IMHO) in urban areas, more actual containers. Although it appeared like someone had cornered the market on match-stick containers and Decon boxes - gee, seemed every other cache was a match container hanging in a tree. Good thing was that I didn't find a SINGLE film cannister, which was kinda nice.

I dropped off about 13 TB's that I had brought up from GA, SC and TN, and picked up a couple to bring back. All in all my girl-friend and I had a blast caching in the Wabash Valley, and she is already talking about coming up again at Thanksgiving - she says it's to spend time with my Mom, but I know better <BG>.

Thanks to all the cachers who hid caches that we found, and the ones we have yet to search for!