Puzzle cache

I have a puzzle cache which has been found a few times, but not since 16th March 2008. Should I archive it? The puzzle's not that difficult as several people have decoded it without any help and the location is easily accessible. These days it seems like unless the cache is part of a ring of 20 or more, there isn't much interest in finding it.

Being in Yorkshire we haven't seen it before... for puzzles unless you give a hint as to where to start you stop most people from trying. If you want more cachers to find it add more clues... Much better than archiving... Caches are there to be found... right? Cheers MaxKim. :D

Puzzle caches are, by nature, visited less often than regular caches. But you never know how many people are pondering the puzzle, or have cracked the puzzle but haven't visited the cache yet.

I have a puzzle cache that is about a year old. A couple of months ago somebody from Germany logged a find during a visit to the area.

I myself got interested in puzzle caches after tackling one during a visit to Woking, which is well out of my usual geocaching "patch".

Finds never come at regular intervals. Roughly a year ago I did a (not terribly difficult) puzzle cache that hadn't been found in well over a year. Since then there have been seven finds logged for it.

Keep it. :)

It will give someone oh so much pleasure when they do find it. :):):D

Many of my caches don't get frequent visits but I'll study the logs more than If I was swamped with them. :)

Have just set a really long one too just to see if anyone goes the distance for just one cache :(

Personally I appreciate a good single cache rather than a ring.

Hope its still there when I start caching nearer home in the winter months, if I can solve it that is. :D

I have a puzzle cache which has been found a few times, but not since 16th March 2008. Should I archive it? The puzzle's not that difficult as several people have decoded it without any help and the location is easily accessible. These days it seems like unless the cache is part of a ring of 20 or more, there isn't much interest in finding it.

A Danish cacher found one of our puzzles recently so I checked out their profile. Some people really love puzzle caches. :(

Keep puzzle alive. They make caching so much more interesting.

The puzzle's not that difficult as several people have decoded it without any help and the location is easily accessible.

It may be harder than you think for some of us .

When we were travelling further we looked to try to solve this several times with no joy .

Then got a friend with computor degree to look for us and still no joy .

I have to admit, as a fairly new cacher that i try to get the puzzles that are near to me.

As you find more you get into the swing of things, find out the things the setters are into etc.

But recently i started looking further afield, towards mega country as we will be attending.

The puzzles around there seem more difficult, but probably only because the puzzles in that area have progressed to a higher level.

If you are worried that your cache is being neglected, slowly add hints to make it easier. :(

We like puzzle caches too, but often just have no idea where to start! I have just looked at this one and just have no idea what to do! It's interesting that puzzle caches vary so much - over in my home territory they seem quite straightforward, but in my work area there are many that have me completely flummoxed from the start!

I've solved a bunch of your caches, and am just waiting for a convenient time that I am passing to find them. I've knocked a few off, and if I lived closer I'd get them straight away, but it's not possible.

I'd love to find them one day, so as long as they aren't causing you hassle doing maintenance, I'd appreciate them to be left alive.

It looks like it stays! It should still be in reasonable condition as it is an ammo can.

It might be worth while physically checking the cache as ammo cans have a habit of going missing. I have lost one which was very well hidden and I know that because I was the last person to visit it before it went!

It is also possible that it has been looked for but no DNF logs have been posted (not everyone is happy to post them). A quick check and a note on the cache page will hopefully get things moving again.

It looks like it stays! It should still be in reasonable condition as it is an ammo can.
It might be worth while physically checking the cache as ammo cans have a habit of going missing. I have lost one which was very well hidden and I know that because I was the last person to visit it before it went!
I recently archived a 5 year old cache as the ammo can -my only one 'out in the wild'- was stolen and the contents left in a bag. I think they're just too desirable to the light-fingered and won't be placing any more. Spare ammo can for sale... :D

We would have done it by now but we haven't managed to solve the puzzle.

As someone else suggested, maybe you should add an extra hint and then more people would be able to solve the puzzle and find the ammo can.

Yes, good idea, I will add some more clues then there won't be any excuses.

Thanks to everyone for all your positive responses.