24K TOPO Maps for Oregon

I just purchased the Oregon 400i and plan on using it this fall for hunting. I realize that the basemap will not be sufficient for use with marking treestands, routes, etc. and that I will need to download/purchase a topo. What is the best way to go. 1. Wait for the 24K SD card for Central Plains 2. Wait for the 24K TOPO DVD for central plains and download to an SD card on the GPS 3. Download maps from sites on the internet. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The Garmin 24k map that I have (California) is great if I am off-trail, but it has so few trails or fireroads that I use the regular topo more often.

I am looking for the same information. Does your CA 24k map have the roads that CN has? So your reg. topo (assume 2008) has more roads/trails than the 24k. Is there a difference in the amount of info on the sd card and the dvd?

Sounds like CN and the reg. topo may be the way to go. Thanks all for this input.