EZ to set-up tent

I really like my REI Half Dome 4 HC. 4 person, (well... My wife, two kids and I fit with little room left over.) It's really easy to set up. clips instead of sleeves is what makes it easy.

Not exactly light fro two people, about 8 lbs. if I remember correctly. There is a two person also, you might look into.

I really like my REI Half Dome 4 HC. 4 person, (well... My wife, two kids and I fit with little room left over.) It's really easy to set up. clips instead of sleeves is what makes it easy.

Not exactly light fro two people, about 8 lbs. if I remember correctly. There is a two person also, you might look into.

Those are very decent tents. I'd also suggest the REI Quarter Dome, which comes in 2 and 3 man versions.

We were tired of hunching over and going into contortions to don clothes and reach for things.

We finally settled on a GoLite Shangrila3 that we can STAND in. Tons of space, great if having to stay awhile.

Sorta teepee shaped, not the "norm" you see around.

We may get odd looks , until they look inside (and realize the cramped tomb they're headed to :(

You simply place the pole in the center and walk in. Stake around and done.

Around five pounds with bug baffler inner tent and outer sil nylon rain cover.

Look for tents with clips rather than sleeves. It makes pitching a tent so much easier.

Chedk out LL Bean and REI. They both make excellent, easy to set up tents. The LL Bean dome tents are hard to beat for price, waterproofing, durability and ease of setup. They lose points on weight, but if your aren't concerned about a couple of extra pounds you will be hard pressed to find a better tent for the money than one of the LL Bean dome tents.

Edited by briansnat

We were tired of hunching over and going into contortions to don clothes and reach for things.

We finally settled on a GoLite Shangrila3 that we can STAND in. Tons of space, great if having to stay awhile.

Sorta teepee shaped, not the "norm" you see around.

We may get odd looks , until they look inside (and realize the cramped tomb they're headed to :unsure:

You simply place the pole in the center and walk in. Stake around and done.

Around five pounds with bug baffler inner tent and outer sil nylon rain cover.

AGREED. Except I go for a tent that I can kneel comfortably in. For me, ease of setup is important, as are vertical/near vertical walls.

My last tent was the Marmot Aeros, but my dog freaked out in it and tore the mesh. I replaced it with a North Face Minibus 33, which has more nylon around the sides. They're both fantastic. Big enough that when the weather is crappy, I can invite friends to join me in my tent for food and cards.

We just picked up a 2 man self-pitch tent for our day-trips (just in case of an emergency in the desert) - we picked it up for 150SR at Al Khadi Tents in Riyadh (for those of you in the Middle East who may want one)

We have a large canvas self-pitch tent for extended trips and camping weekends - again from Al Khadi Tents. Best bit of kit we have bought recently - worth the money when you are pitching a tent in the middle of a sandstorm with +70km/hr winds.

I've got the Eureka Autumn Wind 3xd. Ive used it in -15c weather. Its a great tent. Ive set it up in the dark alone. The key I have found is to have a tent that has no sleeves for the poles. Shop around. Talk to sales people. Even set it up in the store before you buy. MEC carries a good selection and their staff knows what they are talking about. They ship internationally and stand behind what they sell. (Although thats not where I got my tent...lol...someone else had this one on sale)

This one is super light (for a two person) and easy to set up. On sale- today only.

Not much of a deal.... $139 for the tent, but add $117 for the vestibule. Crikey!

Looks like most of the stuff there is overpriced.

I bought a North Face Rock22 for $79 a few years ago and it's served me quite well.

Learn what you can about tents, decide on the features that are important to you and wait for a real sale.

Forget about the "one day" sales. Those are for suckers.

~ Mitch ~

This one is super light (for a two person) and easy to set up. On sale- today only.

Not much of a deal.... $139 for the tent, but add $117 for the vestibule. Crikey!

Looks like most of the stuff there is overpriced.

I bought a North Face Rock22 for $79 a few years ago and it's served me quite well.

Learn what you can about tents, decide on the features that are important to you and wait for a real sale.

~ Mitch ~

You do understand that it comes with a rainfly/vestibule already. There is an optional extended vestibule available if you want one.

Edited by Criminal

~ Mitch ~

I disagree. I have the better part of $3K invested in my gear. So when a sale comes along and knocks a couple hundred off of something I'm looking at, then I'll jump at the sale. There's a term for a man and his money when he makes foolish purchasing decsions but taking advantage of a sale is not being a sucker.

Any Cheap 7x7 dome tent will work for as far as a light weigh easy set up & tear down. You don't even have to stake it down & if's it's not raining, No need to get the Rain fly out either. You can go to sleep looking up at the moon & star's. In the morning. Just leave the door unzipped, Pick up the tent & shake it out. Set up can be done in less than 3 minutes & tear down can be less than that.