Degree Symbol on Keyboard?

Filibogado

i'm trying to enter my new location in geocache.com but the box where I have to enter the coordinates does not recognize the word"degrees". The standard keyboard does not have the degree character "0" which looks like a footnote so how do I enter degrees then? Thanks for any help.

Not sure if I understand what you are doing. I don't think you need the degree symbol. Just leave it out.

If you really need it - on a PC - hold down the Alt key and type 0176

You also may find it fonts installed on your computer - Dingbats, etc. I use the above method because it is quicker.

For clarity, you need to use the numeric key pad with Num Lock on, on the right side of your keyboard, to get alt+0176 to work, not the numbers above the letters.

Thanks for adding that. I just do it automatically and forgot to add that key info.

It's right beside the ¢ sign.

I actually fell for that! DOH!

¿uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ

I was going to post back asking how you did that.

¡looɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd ˙ʇno ʇı pǝɹnƃıɟ ı uǝɥʇ ʇnq

˙ǝdʎʇ noʎ ǝןıɥʍ ɹǝʌo ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ʇsnɾ noʎ ˙ǝןdɯıs s,ʇı

If you're using the US-International keyboard layout in Windows, just type [shift]+[AltGr]+[;], where [AltGr] is the right Alt key.

Why does everybody keep telling the OP how to enter the unneccessary degrees character? Geeze! He was specifically asking how to type it when entering coords on this site. As a matter of fact, not only does this site not require them, but I don't know of a single site that accepts coordinates that does require that symbol.

Alt + 0 will also bring it up on a mac. :D

That types the masculine ordinal or º and is confused by some as the degree symbol.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I use it all the time when I'm typing up recipes, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Thanks for the correction, though.

In print, it doesn't matter much, in any case, here is a list of Macintosh key sequences that might be of use: http://kb.iu.edu/data/aeqb.html