KOREA Roll Call!

New Yorker

New guy chiming in. Just got here a few days ago, and would love to get out and do some caching. Plus meet some new people!

MountaineerFox!

Welcome to Korea! I see from your profile you're in Osan... not far from the monthly Meet & Greets in Seoul. It's a great place meet other cachers. Hope to see you there.

Cheers!

NY'er

Hey there!

My name is Gally, and my husband Nick and I live near Osan. Since we'll be here for a couple years, we'd like to meet fellow cachers in the area. We've been to the meet-and-greet in Seoul and had a great time, but unfortunately it's too far away to make it sometimes on a tight schedule. Hopefully we can meet some cachers a little closer to home, or even just some fellow gamers/hikers :]

Feel free to PM me; I don't always check the forums.

Edited by LestISmiteThee

Hi, I just discovered this topic in the Asian forum.

I will doing my first (and probably only) trip to Korea August 17-28 accompanying my husband to attend the International Congress of Entomology(ICE)which is being held at EXCO in Daegu August 19-25. We will have a jet lag recovery day August 18,staying near the Incheon airport and then fly to Daegu on the 19th. After the congress we are doing a Jeju Island tour August 25-27. We will be back at Incheon overnight August 27 and I have noted that the TB hotel cache is close to the hotel we are using that night.

Looking at caches using the geocaching app on Google Earth I see that there are none close to EXCO. We are staying in the Interpark Motel in that area. The congress offers a variety of local area tours and I will be doing a number of these. I might have a chance to grab a cache but this isn't always possible with a tour group. Once we have the details of the congress schedule I will look for a day my husband has some free time and we might be able to take a taxi to one of the parks which has a number of caches. I see a lot of caches on Jeju so I probably will have a chance to get a few there.

I'll welcome suggestions and information. It's a busy week but I would be happy to meet local cachers if possible. And I would be delighted if anyone could hide a cache(large enough enough for small travel bugs) in the EXCO area. I see what looks like a big park with no caches (Daebul Park?) right there. Thanks.

NevaP

Neva Pruess NevaLCP@aol.com

Lincoln, Nebraska, USA.

Anybody near Seoul? I'll be there the first of November for a year and really wanna get a lot of caches there as well as from nearby countries.

I'm in Seoul. There is a regular group that gets together as well at N 37° 32.300 E 126° 58.020. If I remember correctly the second Saturday of ever month in the morning, 1000 -1130 and the last Friday of every month ...... not sure of the time but there is an event symbol on the geocache map at the coords I provided. Welcome to Korea!

Hi.

Until this morning, I was planning a visit to South Korea for caching, and of course to experience the culture, food, etc. My main motivation was several caches on a mountain ridge that were placed six years ago and never found. This is the game-within-a-game that I play, lonely FTFs.

This morning I noticed they've been archived for no apparent reason. And digging further, I see odd things going on. Multiple player accounts by (apparently) one person, and caches being archived by the thousands.

This is too unpredictable for me. I'm not getting on a plane for 10+ hours knowing that the caching scene might change dramatically just before I get there. Sorry, I need a stable caching destination. I'll keep searching.

We had a great week in Korea at the end of September. We were visiting friends near Yangju, so geocaching was an activity but not a priority. Still, many names here look familiar from caches and cache logs (especially New Yorker, whose caches we've also found in Arizona). Thanks to all for hiding caches for us to find!

새해 복 많이 받으세요.

Happy new year!

新年、明けましておめでとうございます。

新年快乐。

Bonne année.

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Alles Gute fürs neue Jahr!

С Новым Годом!

Felice anno nuovo!

สุขสันต์วันปีใหม่ครับ.

Танд Шинэ оны мэнд хүргэе.

Chúc mừng năm mới.

Edited by ttettu

Anybody near Seoul? I'll be there the first of November for a year and really wanna get a lot of caches there as well as from nearby countries.

I'm in Seoul. There is a regular group that gets together as well at N 37° 32.300 E 126° 58.020. If I remember correctly the second Saturday of ever month in the morning, 1000 -1130 and the last Friday of every month ...... not sure of the time but there is an event symbol on the geocache map at the coords I provided. Welcome to Korea!

Hello! How many people are in the group? I might be interested in coming along.

I've been finding a few caches around the Bundang area, local to me, but they're all micro caches. I'm looking forward to finding some caches that you can actually put things in!