New Geocoin "Cache the Dragon"

Gelugon

I would like to announce my very first geocoin, “Cache the Dragon”. The Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, NC with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road. After visiting the area, I was inspired to create this unique coin for this truly unique area.

Here is a link to the art work. I’m hoping to receive these coins at the end of this month. These coins will be trackable of course and will have an icon (the US129 side of the coin).

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/mlane67/US129_Dragon.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Gelugon

Unfortunately I will not be getting samples of this coin. The reason is because I’m trying to get them in hand prior to going to Sturgis (Aug 3rd).

When I get them I will try to get some pic’s posted before I go, I just hope I get them before I go.

Gelugon

Well, at least one coin exists...TB34XZ5 but no pics that I can find.

hey that coin is only about 60-70 miles from me....hhhmmmm.... I'd like to see it.... if it stays put until next weekend... could be just the excuse I need to make it out there...

edited to add ....never mind it was a virtual dip.... had me wanting to plan a caching trip...

Edited by LionsLair

Okay, sorry its been so long, I've been really busy the past few months (work and Sturgis trip) and put this project on hold for a bit. I'm currently working on a store that will have the actual pictures and a way to buy them thru pay pal.

Yes I have released 1 coin!! It seems that Droo has been watching closely.

I will be selling the Nickel and Gold Finish. There are only about 20 gold left, after a few close friends wanted one. I also have a Black Nickel finish, and will only be trading that for others personel coins.

I hope to have the site up and running this week (I'll be on vacation) Droo, I might be able to drop one off to you, I'll be in Panama City for bike week!

Gelugon

Okay, sorry its been so long, I've been really busy the past few months (work and Sturgis trip) and put this project on hold for a bit. I'm currently working on a store that will have the actual pictures and a way to buy them thru pay pal.

Yes I have released 1 coin!! It seems that Droo has been watching closely.

I will be selling the Nickel and Gold Finish. There are only about 20 gold left, after a few close friends wanted one. I also have a Black Nickel finish, and will only be trading that for others personel coins.

I hope to have the site up and running this week (I'll be on vacation) Droo, I might be able to drop one off to you, I'll be in Panama City for bike week!

Gelugon

Just in case Droo doesn't make it in from Cali... maybe we could meet up... I'm always in the crowd somewhere during "Thunder Beach" :D

I'll shoot you an email...

Wow! I just got back last night from riding the Dragon - again. This time I was participating in DragonBall '09. A bunch of S2000 owners get together twice a year to drive the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway and other local roads. This year we had around fifty S2000's show up. I've driven and ridden the Dragon many times, usually on my sportbike, and it's always a blast!

I would love to get a couple of "Cache the Dragon" geocoins. If you run out, do you think you'll be willing to do a remint?

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Disicpline

Wow! I just got back last night from riding the Dragon - again. This time I was participating in DragonBall '09. A bunch of S2000 owners get together twice a year to drive the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway and other local roads. This year we had around fifty S2000's show up. I've driven and ridden the Dragon many times, usually on my sportbike, and it's always a blast!

I would love to get a couple of "Cache the Dragon" geocoins. If you run out, do you think you'll be willing to do a remint?

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Disicpline

I agree, I love riding the dragon also, and all the other roads in the area, the Hellbender is my favorite in the area, but The Dragon is the best known. Glad you had fun and returned safe.

I do have plans of running more coins in the future if they go over well. I plan on more nickel and some changes to the gold (a limited edition for the 2nd run maybe green glitter on the dragon, not sure yet tho).

I have black nickel finish only for trades for owners of thier coins.

I will keep everyone posted.

Gelugon

I finally have a way for you to order them. There are only 17 gold available for sale and only 25 were made. IF more gold are made they will be changed, so these will be a unique 1st run and only 25 will ever be made.

There is a nickel finish also available, and for those interested in trading a coin that you have designed, I have a limited amount of black nickel.

For those interested you can order them from http://coincache.ecrater.com

Thanks

Gelugon

Edited by Gelugon