CACHE HOPPER GEOCOINS

tsunrisebey

Trackable/Unique Icon, 2-1/4" x 1-1/4", 2mm thick, Hole for attachments. Icon has not been submitted yet as of this date but it will, so don't panic. Codes will be hosted at coincodes.com and will be submitted this week.

These coins were minted as a way to stimulate releases into the wild. They aren't fancy, diameter wise they are a large coins but because of their shape and thickness they feel light. I tried to price them reasonably and I made them caching related (well in my mind anyhow).

Anyhow, I've talked about these for awhile on my blog, so you can find your way there and read more about them. The original sale took place a few days ago and I promised to open a thread for them for discussion, etc.

It is my intent to carry these as a stock item in my store and any and all versions are subject to remint. Original minting is also covered on my blog but there were 330 coins done. The original 330 coins are unique in that the die was not done properly and the factory forgot the texture underneath (like on the RFJ coins). The die has been redone so the original minting will be the only ones with the smooth recessed area.

Price: $7.75

New colors/metal combos will be ordered this week. There will not be an announcement for a sale/date time on the remints. I will keep my blog very current as to status and you will have a very good idea of when these should go up for sale and I will update this thread.

I have been wearing mine as pendants.

The original 330 coins are currently sold out.

Thanks!

tsun :D

wife was gone, sale time came, dial-up is fun :laughing: ...wife came home & I still did not have any in the cart.......she says " let me show you how its done"...had to laugh :D , she was only able to get 2......better than nothing......can't wait to hold them......Thanks again, tsun for another great coin.........

I will have extra of the teal, green, and black. I was not able to get a red/black nickel hopper, which was my favorite out of the bunch! Does anyone have an extra of that...so I can release it, of course... ;)

I think many of you have a sickness :D I wear the red/bn as a pendant because I'm exempt from the release into the wild clause :laughing:

Ok, all orders are packed and shipping out today. Those who had multiple orders come in (cause you just couldn't tear yourself away from the website for a good half hour ;) ), I've combined your orders and given you a shipping refund unless you specifically asked me to ship them all separate.

I placed an order for 4 different versions last night. I would imagine they'll be in some time in August. I will also bring some of those to GCF and if there is enough time, bring a special version to GCF. I'm not sure on that last one though. Lots to do in a short amount of time :D

I will work on an update about the website and cart system tonight which will be posted to the blog. I will post a link here so you can read it. It will be about the exact problem of the webstore, how you're all at fault and possible solutions for the store. In my opinion, there is only 1 good solution and that's "iffy" at best, so the next couple of weeks will be some tough decision making on my part. I'll keep blogging about what's up with the site and of course everything else caching/coin related among the tsun chit chat too :anitongue:

Ok, off to the PO. Happy Monday!

tsun

I thought I signed up for the newsletter but I never received notice of the sale.

I'll check on that when I come back. However you can check to see if you are on the list by logging into your account at the store. There is an area to mark yourself to be included on the newsletter. When I switched over to the new website, I lost access to my old list because I always did a copy and paste since the list was always being added on to. This store separates people who are signed up as customers and those who want on the newsletter. Maybe some people were not clear about that but I won't spam anyone so I copied all the email addys from the request list and emailed them about the sale. However as a backup, I have been yapping about these coins for about a good month on the blog (which is the quickest source of information regarding what I'm doing coin wise) and I always post when sales will be there, so it's a good idea to check in here and there.

Although Andrea, I probably just deleted you on purpose cause you know I'm mean that way :D You know I'm kidding... so I guess this new process is a bit of a learning curve for all of us now that things are starting to become routine/new normal. Nothing was done to intentionally leave anyone out, just went off the new list according to the webstore request.

tsun

[*snippy*However you can check to see if you are on the list by logging into your account at the store. There is an area to mark yourself to be included on the newsletter. */snippy*

tsun

I cannot find the place to mark myself to be included on the newsletter. :D I go to my account and there is a place that says that I am not currently subscribed to any newsletters & an "edit" link but when I click on that link it just takes me to an empty page. Do I need to shoot you an e-mail thru the "Contact" address? I did that. :laughing:

On a different note: Can you please tell me the name of the font you used on your "Store" page for the word "Geocoins", right above "Mother Nature Inspired" in the banner with the ETs? I need that font for something... ;)

CF30

I will have extra of the teal, green, and black. I was not able to get a red/black nickel hopper, which was my favorite out of the bunch! Does anyone have an extra of that...so I can release it, of course... :D

Is that a Black on Black Nickel? or the Black on Nickel? I missed out on the Black on BN and that is the one I'd really like (to release :laughing: ). I might be willing to trade the Red on BN for a Black on BN.

CF30

[*snippy*However you can check to see if you are on the list by logging into your account at the store. There is an area to mark yourself to be included on the newsletter. */snippy*

tsun

I cannot find the place to mark myself to be included on the newsletter. :D I go to my account and there is a place that says that I am not currently subscribed to any newsletters & an "edit" link but when I click on that link it just takes me to an empty page. Do I need to shoot you an e-mail thru the "Contact" address? I did that. :laughing:

On a different note: Can you please tell me the name of the font you used on your "Store" page for the word "Geocoins", right above "Mother Nature Inspired" in the banner with the ETs? I need that font for something... ;)

CF30

I had the same problem with the newsletter.

I will have extra of the teal, green, and black. I was not able to get a red/black nickel hopper, which was my favorite out of the bunch! Does anyone have an extra of that...so I can release it, of course... :D

Is that a Black on Black Nickel? or the Black on Nickel? I missed out on the Black on BN and that is the one I'd really like (to release :D ). I might be willing to trade the Red on BN for a Black on BN.

CF30

It IS the Black on Black Nickel! I am partial to black nickel coins. Shall we talk some trade-and-release?!

Is that a Black on Black Nickel? or the Black on Nickel? I missed out on the Black on BN and that is the one I'd really like (to release :D ). I might be willing to trade the Red on BN for a Black on BN.

CF30

It IS the Black on Black Nickel! I am partial to black nickel coins. Shall we talk some trade-and-release?!

Ooh! Goodie!! :rolleyes: Yes, of course! :laughing:

CF30

CF30

Ooh! Goodie!! :rolleyes: Yes, of course! :laughing:

CF30

Email sent...

No pressure or anything :P:):D:D

But here is my first one headed out into the wild today. I'm off with the dogs to grab a cache and my 1st Cache Hopper is headed out for travels :D

Coin Page: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...7d-5e72417bcd40

Coin Picture: a3b6e5f3-7d93-428f-85f6-5426c7fce848.jpg

Just an FYI if you activate and release your Cache Hopper for travel please post the your coin page here. It may pay off somewhere down the caching road :D:D:D

No pressure or anything :):D:D:D

But here is my first one headed out into the wild today. I'm off with the dogs to grab a cache and my 1st Cache Hopper is headed out for travels :D

Just an FYI if you activate and release your Cache Hopper for travel please post the your coin page here. It may pay off somewhere down the caching road :D:D:D

I'd love to release one. A good price and beautiful art; I could release several. But was unable to procure even one at the sale. :P

We all know what an incredible designer tsun is and how she employs the cutting edge of coin manufacture.

Through hard work and diligence, she has created a coin that thrives doing just what its name suggests, hopping from cache to cache. :D A little known fact about the cache hoppers* is that they actually fade and wither away if left in a collection :):P They can last a little longer if occasionally discovered by others in a collection but the final fate is the same.

They build strength by being outdoors, placed in ammo cans and lock and locks and pretty soon are ready to make the leap to another cache. They grow and become shinier with the pride of accomplishment, as they move along to complete their owners missions.

If you love your cache hopper, set it free. Post it's page here for all to see!

*Totally invented just for this post.

No pressure or anything :blink::D:D:D

Just an FYI if you activate and release your Cache Hopper for travel please post the your coin page here. It may pay off somewhere down the caching road :blink::D:D

I just can't do it I tell ya : )

No pressure or anything :D:drama::mad::D

Just an FYI if you activate and release your Cache Hopper for travel please post the your coin page here. It may pay off somewhere down the caching road :mad::mad::mad:

Wow! I guess I've been living under a rock...or in Canada with no internet when these went on sale. Totally missed them, totally bummed. In Stock you say? :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, tsun......... :D

Thanks Bruce :P

Much to my surprise, they are here. Anyone ever seen an albino frog before? We'll shoot for some time next week on getting some of these up in the store but I'll put out a newsletter regarding sale date/time.

tsun

* crosses fingers and hopes he doesn't have to work (again) when the sale happens this time..*

BTW, Happy belated B'day yesterday.... :)

Other than Portugal, is there any other country that can not see the website?

Please send me an email and let me know. We have been able to resolve some issues.

Some countries ISP's are blocked but that doesn't mean I can't have the host work on getting them unblocked. It's something to dowith Comcast who I believe owns the whole server set up in Salt Lake City.

tsun

1 of 4 new Cache Hopper Versions

The Golden Poison Dart Frog

1 of only 3 Poison Dart Frogs that are lethal to humans. It is 20 times more poisonous than other Poison Dart Frogs. This PD Frog is the most lethal of them all and is nicknamed the "terrible frog".

Beware Buyers! If you attempt to own one of these Cache Hoppers and then release it into a cache, please attach a warning to possible handlers, their lives may depend on it! I am not responsible for harm caused by these frogs. Prior to owning one of these you will be required to sign a Full-Disclosure waiver and Authorization of Release which will relieve me of all legal obligations. :laughing:

cachehopperorangepoisondartfrog.jpg

Stay Tuned for the remaining Cache Hopper Versions

:anicute: tsun

2 of 4 Cache Hopper Versions

The Mythical Nutella Frog

It is rumored that in the remote wild mountains of Montana specifically Helena, there is a Nutella Frog that survives all year-round. Legend has it that there is a woman who carries around a plastic container of nutella and a big spoon :laughing: . She sings a magical song to the frogs when wandering around in the forest and when they circle around her, she feeds them nutella. It is also rumored that these frogs used to be green but because of all the nutella they eat, they have turned a cocoa and hazlenut mix of browns and have become extraordinaryly large. Legend also speaks of a very small few that have found these mythical nutella frogs and upon licking the frogs back, they said their skin secretions tasted like nutella.

I've looked for these frogs and I've never seen any of them. I don't know of the legend is true but if it is, I will let you know :anicute:

CacheHopperNutellaVersion.jpg