Tick burrowed in. What to do?

I get a kick out of the "nail polish on chiggers" remedy. Since itching doesn't start until after they detach most of the time, you are not going to kill what isn't there any more. I think that is probably an urban legend started by someone who wanted to see if they could get someone to put nail polish on their skin, then laugh at them behind their backs for actually doing it.

Since they basically vomit in you, you are encasing the vomit and are holding it inside your skin longer. Think about it. You would actually increase the time you would be affected by giving the enzymes more time to work on you. It is best to wash the area thoroughly with soap and hot water and then use the anti-itch creams rather than encasing their digestive fluids inside the infected area longer. Seem to be common sense.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I get a kick out of the "nail polish on chiggers" remedy. Since itching doesn't start until after they detach most of the time, you are not going to kill what isn't there any more. I think that is probably an urban legend started by someone who wanted to see if they could get someone to put nail polish on their skin, then laugh at them behind their backs for actually doing it.

Since they basically vomit in you, you are encasing the vomit and are holding it inside your skin longer. Think about it. You would actually increase the time you would be affected by giving the enzymes more time to work on you. It is best to wash the area thoroughly with soap and hot water and then use the anti-itch creams rather than encasing their digestive fluids inside the infected area longer. Seem to be common sense.

I suspect you're right about nail polish, but black shoe polish works very well. You should try it sometime.

I suspect you're right about nail polish, but black shoe polish works very well. You should try it sometime.

I don't know about the nail polish but I have taken a bath in bleach water and this worked very well to relieve the itch.

WV J