Greasemonkey Question

I had to upgrade to Vista (sad sad story).

I have Firefox 3.5.1

I can't install the grease monkeys. On the page it says

To install, right-click on the icon, and select "Install User Script". If you do not see the menu option, click on the icon to open the file in a new tab (or window), and select "Install This User Script" from the Tools menu.

When I right click there is no "Install User Script" menu item. So I open the file in a new tab. But there is no "Install This User Script" in the Tools menu.

I am probably missing something obvious but all the other Vista woes have fried my brain.....temporarily I hope.

Can anyone help?

Thx.

I didn't move to Vista by choice. My old XP system finally gave up the ghost (hard drive sadly).

So a reasonably priced Vista was the obvious solution. I lost some data in the hard drive crash but not enough to die over. One word of caution: make sure you have all your iPhone apps (especially their data) backed up before you run iTunes sync for the first time. It wiped out all my apps. Fortunately I had them offline and most of the data was synced with Google Docs and Calendar.

I find Vista is overly sensitive security wise. I have to tell it OK to run GSAK everytime. Maybe there is a way around this but my fried brain hasn't found it yet. And it took an hour to remove the accidental "hidden" attribute from my data files.

It has taken about 24 hours to rebuild Fireforx, Thunderbird (amazing how easy it was to get my mail folders back), Mapsource, Pokerstars (lot of trouble with this one) and a myriad of other products.

I think I am back at about 95% capacity.

I'm glad you had this problem. Not that I have anything against you but rather I am going to be moving to a new machine soon and got to learn from your headache. Does this mean I owe you a contribution for the aspirin you used?

Save yourself a lot of trouble and get MozBackup. It'll back up your entire profile to a ZIP file, and then let you restore it on the new computer. Everything will be brought over intact.

I'm glad you had this problem. Not that I have anything against you but rather I am going to be moving to a new machine soon and got to learn from your headache. Does this mean I owe you a contribution for the aspirin you used?

Save yourself a lot of trouble and get MozBackup. It'll back up your entire profile to a ZIP file, and then let you restore it on the new computer. Everything will be brought over intact.

Thanks. I wish I had known that existed. Lost all my bookmarks in the crash. This thing runs so fast, I am gonna run it daily.

I find Vista is overly sensitive security wise. I have to tell it OK to run GSAK everytime. Maybe there is a way around this but my fried brain hasn't found it yet.

You can turn UAC off if you want... this will get rid of those messages forever. http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...5d3eae1033.mspx

On the Vista front: Here at work, we use mainly Dell computers and they offer a downgrade option, which means that any new computers that I purchase come with XP installed. This option obviously isn't available if you purchased the computer in a store.

Use "Restore Files" from "Backup and Restore Center" to find the restore point created immediately prior to your install. Use it to revert your environment to it's state just before the Firefox upgrade.

:anibad:

That did not work. Restored back to 3 days ago but Firefox is still 5.3.2 Guess I have to wait till they fix it. Shouldn't be too long.