pocket queries and archived caches?

goonybird

I do have a bit of a dilema.

a fellow Geocacher and I both visit the same Starbucks, we met cause she has a huge Geocaching bumpersticker on her Jeep.

Anyway, she's been extremely busy with work, and rather inactive in the caching world the last year or so, and many of her caches have been archived, some of them since i started caching.

As it stands, it appears only "temporarily disabled" caches appear in the pocket queries, not archived ones.

It also appears that some of her caches, and perhaps others, may have been set to "temporarily unavaialable" then "archived", or straight to "archived" between the the times the appropriate query has run, so the new query has no info about it being archived, or set to "temporarily unavailable". That means, archived caches are still in my GSAK database with no indication that its not there any more...

I HAVE confirmed that there is at least ONE cache of hers that fits that bill...

so My question is, how do I go about making archived caches as archived. Mind you, living in the LA area, the 500 cache limit gets me about 5 miles from my house....

Order a new pocket query. Load it into your offline database. Sort by the date of the last GPX file update. Any cache that didn't update to the current pocket query date is a candidate for having been disabled or archived. That narrows down the caches for which you need to do a status check.

Order a new pocket query. Load it into your offline database. Sort by the date of the last GPX file update. Any cache that didn't update to the current pocket query date is a candidate for having been disabled or archived. That narrows down the caches for which you need to do a status check.

and as you do your status check those that come up archived get the user flag set. When your done press F8 and Waypoint->Delete Waypoints... and select all waypoints in filter. Press OK, problem fixed.

The normal active->unavailable and unavailable->active transitions should be handled by your normal PQ's.

Jim

Ya know, it never registered what the Last GPX field ment :-)

Dispite the fact I have 10,000+ caches from pocket queries, only 11 were not gpx'd with today's queries...

and 8 of them were already set to "disabl, so i've only got 3 to check :-)

great :-)

Ya know, it never registered what the Last GPX field ment :-)

You really don't need to wonder about what a given field or button does. Just bring up the help and on the main screen you can click on columns and other parts of the form and get help on that item. On the other dialogs there is a help button, clicking that brings up help for that dialog and clicking on various parts of the dialog will give you help on that. A most excellent help system.

Jim