It's my Geocaching Birthday!

besem

Today is my Geocaching Birthday - I created my Groundspeak account on 18 July 2008 and found my first geocache on the 20th. I was trying to find 800 caches in my first year, but I fell 59 short, so I'm going to try to find those 59 before I come back to South Africa.

It's been quite a year - I started off finding my first cache in Spain, my most recent one in the Netherlands, and finding caches in 5 other countries along the way. I reckon the next year will be a lot quieter, as I won't travel nearly as much and will spend most of my time in South Africa, but there's the prospect of finding my first cache in KZN in October - I haven't been to KZN in about 15 years.

My goals for my second geocaching year are:

1.) Finding a cache in each Dutch province.

2.) Finding a cache in each South African province.

3.) Reaching 1250 finds.

4.) Reaching Gold Earthcache Masters level.

5.) Finding a cache in a new country.

6.) Finding a new type of cache. (This one's gonna be hard...)

My first birthday will be on 19 August. My remaining goal is to reach 500 South African caches before then. This is getting harder by the day - I am still 76 short, with only 30 days to go!

We registered in August 2006, after our trip to Europe, where I bought my first GPSr.

In the first year we found 50, and hid 5 caches.

In the second year we found 154 and hid just under 15 (the 200th cache was on top of Hartebeespoort dam.

We should reach our 400th cache about 2 weeks before the anniversary date.

Now that the 3rd year anniversary is coming up, it is not so important any more to reach it by the end of the year.

I am trying though to complete, my earth cache masters program, with the August 1 deadline looming for silver and bronze pins.

We joined on 8 April 2008 and had hoped to reach 200 caches by our 1st anniversary. With Enzo's arrival, we weren't able to do it and only reached our 200th in July 2009. We realised that with little people, you simply cannot do all that you want to do. So now we just appreciate the times that we can geocache and the caches that we find. The ones we cannot do, is just one of those things. We are not sure where we'll be at our 2nd anniversary, but we would like to achieve the following:

1. Place our 1st Earthcache (and some more if we get things right)

2. Place one or two Mystery caches

3. Place a Letterbox Hybrid cache

4. Increase the finds of Multi & Mystery caches

5. Get some more caches done with higher difficulty and terrain ratings (not so easy with two little critters!)

6. Put together a really cool Event

Well done Jors for nearly caching for 10 years WOW - that is a huge milestone! :D

Mine is on the 18 March..... Joined in 2007. Hopefully I make the 500 mark by then. But seeing that I live in a very cache and cacher starved area it may be hard going. Although regular trips to the GP region lately have made that 500 look a lot more attainable... it is still 149 finds away...

On another note..... Today is our good friend Blackjack Baileys birthday....

Happy birthday Neville hope you have a fantastic year ahead....

We joined on 8 April 2008 and had hoped to reach 200 caches by our 1st anniversary. With Enzo's arrival, we weren't able to do it and only reached our 200th in July 2009. We realised that with little people, you simply cannot do all that you want to do. So now we just appreciate the times that we can geocache and the caches that we find. The ones we cannot do, is just one of those things. We are not sure where we'll be at our 2nd anniversary, but we would like to achieve the following:

5. Get some more caches done with higher difficulty and terrain ratings (not so easy with two little critters!)

Well done Jors for nearly caching for 10 years WOW - that is a huge milestone! :lol:

Hi

there is no need to Put together a really cool Event as you have already done this.

It was the great 2009 South African TB race.

Im sure quite a few other cachers would agree with me.

thanks

Ding bat

Well done Jors for nearly caching for 10 years WOW - that is a huge milestone! :huh:

Hi

there is no need to Put together a really cool Event as you have already done this.

It was the great 2009 South African TB race.

Im sure quite a few other cachers would agree with me.

thanks

Ding bat

Thanks Ding Bat! We did have a great time, but we want to put together an even cooler Event....watch this space!! :laughing: